Affiliated Construction Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Hoselton
1 Rating

"Keep it up!"

Pros

I enjoy working at ACS. There were layoffs a while back, due to a large project coming to a close. But since then, the company has re-focused and really has been employee focused again. There was a recent company-wide meeting that included the main topics of goals, employee empowerment and relationships. All topics resonated well and I believe has given employees even more ACS pride and job satisfaction.

Additional pro – Love the new basketball hoop at the Manufacturing office, it’s great to be able to go outside and shoot during lunch.

Cons

I cannot think of any right now.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The grass is greener where you water it - it will need some maintenance and care, but let's continue to keep it greener on this side!

"ACS Employee"

I have been working at Affiliated Construction Services full-time

Pros

After joining the team, I was welcoming quickly. I was trusted right away with large projects and was challenged and respected from from the start. Training was quick and gave me time to jump right in. Not only does ACS have a mission and values, they actually follow them and was pretty clear from the time that I started.

Cons

I'll be honest, it was hard to think of a negative. The only thing I could think of is: Holidays are minimal, however benefits are great.

"A slippery downward spiral"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Madison, WI

I worked at Affiliated Construction Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting work with good people, sadly most are no longer there. Benefits were fair, building was in a convenient location.

Cons

A very poorly run company that put all their eggs in one basket. In the past 18 months they have went through 3 work force reductions, eliminating more than 1/2 of their work force. Good engineers and designers with knowledge and have kept the ones that can't manage a project with out hand holding. When there I spent 60% traveling out of state for sometimes weeks at a time.

Advice to Management

Figure it out, you're losing control!

"Interesting work, but rough times ahead"

I worked at Affiliated Construction Services full-time

Pros

Interesting project based work, Great company culture, Opportunity to work with a wide variety of multi-national companies, Employees are some of the best at what they do.

Cons

They have now had three rounds of work force reductions in under a year. Travel opportunities often come up with little to no warning. In general, employees tend to either burn out or leave and find a job that requires less travel and pays more.

Advice to Management

I loved the atmosphere that was created at ACS. The core values really resonated with me. My advice is to figure out what is going wrong at ACS and fix it quickly. Morale is really hurting after three lay-offs and I hope that you can pull out of this tail spin because this really is an interesting and challenging place to work.

6. "Senior Manager"

Pros

Work from home, very little supervision. Decent benefits and compensation. Good people at the lower levels of the organization.

Cons

Very little direction or management;. Account management team left a lot to be desired. Managed by fear, not by encouragement or by promise of career advancement.

Advice to Management

Please review who your team leaders are

7. "Sales Mgr"

Pros

Great Experience. Pay was average. The benefits at the company were very good. The 401K was average as per most companies.

Cons

Long hours without many opportunities for advancement. Management did not seem to be very aware of what the client's needs were, It was all about the money.

8. "Claims"

Pros

Good place to work and growth

Cons

More detailed training is needed

9. "Just a weird company"

Pros

Inside during the winter, Decent training. And decent computers to use as well.

Cons

Very unprofessional, and a very sup par quality of employee. In other words they hire people that dont care. It's kind of sad

10. "Specialist"

Pros

Will hire anyone, co-workers are excellent,

Cons

no pay increase for over 5 years
    management clueless

11. "It was ok"

Pros

Ok management had ok pay

Cons

Always changing policies and pay

Affiliated Construction Services Response

Jun 24, 2014 – HR

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the policies and pay. I'd like to invite you to call our HR department and further discuss what we can do in ... More