Affinion Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Todd Siegel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Changing business model has been challenging but needs to happen (in 14 reviews)

• Many cons to mention, but most importantly, upper management doesn't understand what everyone does and doesn't care (in 14 reviews)

"Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Affinion Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

ABG is a great place to work. Sr Management creates a cohesive, safe and challenging environment where employee voices are heard and considered. They may make s=decision employees don't always agree with but always in furtherance of our corporate goals and growth. The environment is friendly and flexible, benefits are strong and there is infinite room for personal and professional development.

Cons

Base salaries may be slightly below market; however, the overall compensation is attractive

Advice to Management

Continue to hear and consider the input of employees and engage is transparent activity

"Incompetent Exec Team- Nightmarish Company"

Former Employee - Business Executive in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Business Executive in Stamford, CT

I worked at Affinion Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a gig? None.

Cons

If I could give this place less than one star I would. I worked at their Stamford HQ for about three years and they were the worst work and career years of my life. The CFO and CEO are arrogant, incompetent idiots who are intolerant of anyone else's opinion but their own. They don't care one bit about their employees or having a good company culture. The rest of the exec team just falls in line and keeps their mouths shut so not to incur their wrath. The company has serious baggage, numerous settlements with the Consumer Finance Protection Board for ripping off consumers and deceptive business practices and the business model for the company is dying and has no future which is reflected in their ever-shrinking financial results. Additionally, the company has such a bad reputation both nationally and locally that finding a job when you leave is a serous challenge, this place is where careers go to die. STAY AWAY from this company, it's a miserable place headed by a CFO and CEO who are not good people. Trust me.

Advice to Management

Clean house- CEO Todd Siegel and CFO Greg Miller are clueless and have zero ethics or morals, nevermind any kind of idea how to turn this company around.

"Director, Account Managment"

I worked at Affinion Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Initially, the company was a great place to work, lots of opportunity.

Cons

As the years went by, the leadership was terrible. SEC investigations, round after round of layoffs.

4. "Professional atmosphere"

I have been working at Affinion Group full-time

Pros

Objective driven, structure oriented atmosphere. Great co workers, sufficient benefits/bonuses.

Cons

Fast paced changes and deadlines.

Advice to Management

Keep up the strong level of cross team/unit communication, its working.

"A terrible, loathsome place"

Pros

Sometimes there was free food, but it was tainted with having to silently consume it in front of the managers joylessly.

Cons

Terrible atmosphere, no phones, management does not care for employees

Advice to Management

This is the most miserably soulless place I have ever spent time. I have never worked anywhere where everyone is so miserable constantly that no one even has the energy to return a smile when passing coworkers. The workforce consists of the older generation, which has accepted their fate to retire at this godforsaken place, and the younger generation which is almost solely comprised of temp hires. They use these temp hires to pump out data entry work, constantly hounding them to increase numbers and entries. However, if you are unfortunate enough to be in this position, don't bother; as soon as you catch up with the work and run out, they will let you go without the slightest notice or consideration. Temp hires frequently disappeared without a word mentioned regarding them, or longtime employees were fired for reasons management refused to acknowledge. If somehow you were still ok with all of this, the nature of the work itself is truly awful and, I think, immoral. Affinion Group's income depends on basically tricking and scamming the elderly into signing up for life insurance and benefits packages, relentlessly hounding those who had been unfortunate enough to share their information with constant promotional packets. I saw countless pieces of mail in which the recipient had scrawled pleas to leave them alone. If there is any good in the world, this company will be dead and gone within the next 5 years.

"Director of Data Management"

Former Employee - Director, Data Management in Trumbull, CT
    Former Employee - Director, Data Management in Trumbull, CT

I worked at Affinion Group (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast-paced in the IT area. A lot of room for professional growth as technology moved forward. Also BTW - last year of employment was 2009 - economy meltdown.

Cons

Too much turnover in senior and also VP level management. Led to low morale of dedicated workers. Lack of compassion and kindness to workers. Expected 24X7 support with 0 compensation, both monetarily as well as comp-time or expressed appreciation of the "over and above" work efforts.

Advice to Management

Get with the program. Stop being like Donald Trump. As a corporation, there used to be standards of morality and caring about your employees. The almighty dollar isn't the measure of success for a company (Ha ha, can see you all now snickering at that thought)....but to be a leader in this world and do good in the end. Think of Warren Buffet and Bill Gates. True leaders and differentiators.

7. "Annonymous"

I have been working at Affinion Group full-time

Pros

Affinion is a great place to work. Like every company, there are the ups and downs, but the people at Affinion are awesome!

Cons

You tend to only know the people you work with every day. It would be nice to interact more with different departments.

Advice to Management

Come down and mingle with everyday employees. People want to see and get to know the faces of management.

"NA"

I have been working at Affinion Group full-time

Pros

Friday Breakfast, happy hours event

Cons

HR is no help

9. "Great environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at Affinion Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work, fun atmosphere, raises and bonuses every year.

Cons

Finance works some long hours

"Need overhaul"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Affinion Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule because nobody knows what's going on.

Cons

I could write a novel but I'll keep it short & sweet. Very low company morale. An executive team leader that's supposed to bring new business & accounts but has been allowed to run the show with limited accountability especially for the fact that we are losing (at record pace) great employees & accounts due to his ego and unprofessionalism. We all hope the new President will "drain the swamp" before its a total loss.

Advice to Management

Replace the crappy employees including the main executives that have really hurt this place. Hire & retain new smart & aggressive talent. Let's get back on track before it's too late