Affinion Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Todd Siegel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great culture and work life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Great Environment, Great People and good Benefits (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Many cons to mention, but most importantly, upper management doesn't understand what everyone does and doesn't care (in 14 reviews)

• Lacking Direction and "challenged" business model (in 13 reviews)

1. "Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Affinion Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

ABG is a great place to work. Sr Management creates a cohesive, safe and challenging environment where employee voices are heard and considered. They may make s=decision employees don't always agree with but always in furtherance of our corporate goals and growth. The environment is friendly and flexible, benefits are strong and there is infinite room for personal and professional development.

Cons

Base salaries may be slightly below market; however, the overall compensation is attractive

Advice to Management

Continue to hear and consider the input of employees and engage is transparent activity

2. "Production Manager"

Former Employee - Production Manager in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Franklin, TN

I worked at Affinion Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work, great people and culture. Worked there for 23 years.

Cons

Can't think of any. Loved working there.

"Insert sinking ship analogy here..."

I worked at Affinion Group full-time

Pros

There are some good, smart people who know what they are doing in some of the locations

Cons

Poor leadership hiring more poor leaders to replace the ones laid off or resigned
    Cost-cutting measures have gutted this place of creativity and innovation
    In the process of outsourcing everything possible

Advice to Management

Resign and promote leaders who actually want the company to survive without gutting everything that made it a great place to work.

"former employee"

I worked at Affinion Group full-time

Pros

The only pro thing I can say is that there were many wonderful people to work with. And that they pay well.

Cons

Many cons to mention, but most importantly, upper management doesn't understand what everyone does and doesn't care. Don't think the company will be around much longer the way they are running the place

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the "little people". They're smarter then you think. And stop the rumor mill when it comes to layoffs. There are leaks somewhere.

"Worst place I have ever worked"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

I worked at Affinion Group full-time

Pros

free lunch and um..that's it

Cons

no feedback, expected to know everything and be fast in day and a half, worst trainer(very impatient and kind of snappy,at least to me,I kept wondering what I ever did to her) I have ever had, told when you start to not hurry to get orders right then half hour later told to go faster,trainer spent more time with regular employee training but hardly spent anytime training me(a lowly temp) was told training would be 2 weeks or so,a big lie,I had a day and a half to learn computer and be fast. Words being put in your mouth you never said and being told you are nervous or overwhelmed without them knowing anything about you,I was none of those things,I was actually excited and happy to be there and was enjoying learning the job(though it would have been nice NOT to be put in 3 jobs in 3 days hard to be fast and learn that way) just never expected to have to know everything in day and a half.UNBELIEVEABLE!!! The most negative work experience I have ever had. Talking to the higher ups like E.T. is like trying to talk to a brick wall and the way she was so condescending,then when you are let go they escort you out like a criminal. Wish I had never heard of the place,worst decision I ever made t go there.

Advice to Management

Better trainers(less impatient and give everyone equal time in training,you are told to ask questions then get snapped at for asking questions.) and give people more than a day and a half to learn a job.More feedback to what is expected, encouragement instead of making people feel like crap.

"Engineering Manager"

Former Employee - Engineer in San Carlos, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Affinion Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Exposure to international products and management didn't really care what I was working on

Cons

The management was a mess, they didn't have a cohesive plan, and there wasn't any accountability. There were a lot of people working there that were just coasting. Benefits were terrible, and no focus on the employee

"Don't work here"

Former Employee - CCH Sales in Port St Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - CCH Sales in Port St Lucie, FL

I worked at Affinion Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You gain sales experience fast. If you want a career in sales, this is a good training ground. Otherwise, avoid it.

Cons

Literally everything else. We were a people-farm.

Advice to Management

Floor management rocked. Those guys are the real mvps. The main corporation needs to get real humans in upper management, though. This company has to spruce up it's treatment of its employees.

8. "Overall Great Experience--Accounting Operations"

I worked at Affinion Group full-time

Pros

-As mentioned in many of the reviews--the people who work at the Affinion group are good people for the most part. In Accounting Operations most of my co-workers were friendly and helpful. The manager and supervisor that I worked under were friendly and accessible.

-I worked out of the Stamford, CT corporate office. The location, building and landscape is beautiful. There is a nice trail to walk during spring, summer and fall, a man-made pond, outside picnic area,gym, cafeteria etc.

-Affinion has many domestic and international offices--depending on the business platform you wok on, there is the opportunity to travel.

-The opportunity to develop your role and function. Even though Affinion is a billion+ dollar company, its systems and ways off working are antiquated. This can be a positive depending on the department and role an employee is in as you can spearhead and get the opportunity to develop a function or process independently and be recognized for the work that is done.

Cons

Constant Reorganization of Executive Management which affects everything in the company.
    Closing of Offices & Outsourcing.
    Transition of AP & AR from Tennessee to Stamford, CT. Affinion hired a brand new Accounting Operations Team in Stamford, CT-- only 5 months to 1 year later--let go of the people who went above and beyond in redeveloping the department.
    The department is now run by a tyrant who doesn't have the hard or soft skills needed to be a manager.

Lack of technology and processes that tie multiple departments and processes together.

Advice to Management

Re-develop the products/services that Affinion has.
    Re-develop the business model for all company platforms.
    Get the technology needed to spearhead the company.

9. "Great Company!"

I worked at Affinion Group full-time

Pros

Relaxed and friendly environment to work in.

Cons

Company has frequent downsizing/restructuring.

"Worse than Prison"

Former Employee - Claims Analyst in Westerville, OH
    Former Employee - Claims Analyst in Westerville, OH

I worked at Affinion Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A Paycheck is the only good thing

Cons

This place is like a prison. Security walks around with a cellphone detector looking for people with cell phones. Your not allowed to have personal belongings at your desk you need to lock them in a locker near the cafeteria. Seriously the worse place Ive ever worked.

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees like they work in prison.