Affinion Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Todd Siegel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work-life balance, great people, great culture, open to new ideas" (in 16 reviews)

• "Great place to work, great people and culture" (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "Changing business model has been challenging but needs to happen" (in 14 reviews)

• "Absence of clear strategic plan, no development strategy, lack of leadership from Senior Management" (in 14 reviews)

"Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Affinion Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

ABG is a great place to work. Sr Management creates a cohesive, safe and challenging environment where employee voices are heard and considered. They may make s=decision employees don't always agree with but always in furtherance of our corporate goals and growth. The environment is friendly and flexible, benefits are strong and there is infinite room for personal and professional development.

Cons

Base salaries may be slightly below market; however, the overall compensation is attractive

Advice to Management

Continue to hear and consider the input of employees and engage is transparent activity

"Very Good"

I worked at Affinion Group full-time

Pros

Work-life balance, great people, great culture, open to new ideas

Cons

Older technology. May not be suitable for new people.

"Ok-ish"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at Affinion Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people at team level

Cons

Poor management skills throughout the departments

"Security Supervisor"

I have been working at Affinion Group full-time

Pros

Team Members are great. The atmosphere is positive overall.

Cons

Communication is poor. Lack of staffing is draining.

Advice to Management

Increase salary and benefits for employees. Paid sick time instead of being dinged for being sick.

"administrative support to group of executives"

I have been working at Affinion Group full-time

Pros

lots of vacation time and holidays

Cons

long hours and commute is a nightmare

"Sketchy business combined with dodgy management adds up to STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Vice President - Technology in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Vice President - Technology in Stamford, CT

I worked at Affinion Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free bagels on Friday; free coffee .... an eye-opening experience where you can learn how not to do things

Cons

Absolutely no business strategy; no IT vision; and the CIO is not only a complete dolt but is getting rich from connections to the outsourcer. Thought the CFO had caught on to corruption when firing COO/BU president but apparently not. CEO and CFO keep restructuring debt but never actually retire debt as they line their pockets to ensure comfortable exit for themselves. Cut staff to the bone and pretend to backfill with temp staff. The churn is ridiculous. They need a new business model because the many law suits and fines for scamming elderly and hounding customers who are trying to sever relationship is immoral. Their travel / loyalty business could be good but CIO is incompetent and they can’t keep their customers up and running. If you are looking for a job - don’t. If you are looking for a business partner - run. They are notorious for not paying vendors for 6 months or longer.

Advice to Management

Get rid of CIO, CEO and CFO.

Get a clue

Affinion Group Response

Jul 27, 2018 – Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear your tenure with Affinion Group was how you described above. As the HR leader and six-year veteran of Affinion Group, I respectfully disagree with your... More

"Terrible Company run by 8th grade loudmouths & bullies"

Former Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT

I worked at Affinion Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bagels on Friday, nice building and location

Cons

The management is the worst I’ve seen in my entire 25+ year career. The arrogance and lack of people skills is the worst I’ve ever seen in a CEO and CFO. They make false promises, bad decisions and lie to the personnel about how well the company is doing while having no idea how to create a successful business model. They’re biggest concern is paying themselves appropriate a million a year and playing shell games with a significant amount of debt so as this company fails in the next few years they walk away with millions. If they want to be real executives, try reading practices by Jack Welch and not Donald Trump!! No talent or smart people should even consider working for this dysfunctional company.

Advice to Management

Grow up and learn how to treat people with respect and appreciation. Board should either sell the company or get some real professionals to take over in developing businesses and becoming profitable. Wrong people are in the CEO and CFO positions, the board needs to get their heads out of their butts if they truly want this company to turn around and survive.

"Incompetent Exec Team- Nightmarish Company"

Former Employee - Business Executive in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Business Executive in Stamford, CT

I worked at Affinion Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a gig? None.

Cons

If I could give this place less than one star I would. I worked at their Stamford HQ for about three years and they were the worst work and career years of my life. The CFO and CEO are arrogant, incompetent idiots who are intolerant of anyone else's opinion but their own. They don't care one bit about their employees or having a good company culture. The rest of the exec team just falls in line and keeps their mouths shut so not to incur their wrath. The company has serious baggage, numerous settlements with the Consumer Finance Protection Board for ripping off consumers and deceptive business practices and the business model for the company is dying and has no future which is reflected in their ever-shrinking financial results. Additionally, the company has such a bad reputation both nationally and locally that finding a job when you leave is a serous challenge, this place is where careers go to die. STAY AWAY from this company, it's a miserable place headed by a CFO and CEO who are not good people. Trust me.

Advice to Management

Clean house- CEO Todd Siegel and CFO Greg Miller are clueless and have zero ethics or morals, nevermind any kind of idea how to turn this company around.

"Director, Account Managment"

I worked at Affinion Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Initially, the company was a great place to work, lots of opportunity.

Cons

As the years went by, the leadership was terrible. SEC investigations, round after round of layoffs.

"Professional atmosphere"

I have been working at Affinion Group full-time

Pros

Objective driven, structure oriented atmosphere. Great co workers, sufficient benefits/bonuses.

Cons

Fast paced changes and deadlines.

Advice to Management

Keep up the strong level of cross team/unit communication, its working.