Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2019

Found 48 reviews

3.5
Dave Larson
  1. "A great place to build your banking acumen."

Current Employee - Member Advisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will never feel pressured to do something unethical.

Cons

You probably will make less than you're expecting.

Advice to Management

You're on the right track. Hire more people across the board.

Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union2014-05-06

"An environment focused on helping people and allowing you to be an individual."

Former Employee - Member Advisor in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing culture, a focus on helping people and putting them first, empowered to make your own decisions, awesome benefits, great work environment.

Cons

As a member advisor you wear many hats within the company and it can be a struggle to get things done.

Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union2014-02-09
  3. "Entry Level Job"

I worked at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union

Pros

The benefits were really good.

Cons

Since you are doing so many roles, the pay could be better.

Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union2014-01-20

"Client support is great but management team not on same page"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I really enjoyed working at the credit union and making a difference in people's lives. The people in the branches are really great and so dedicated. We were really empowered to help people.

Cons

Upper management is really struggling, seems like everyone has a different message of what goal is important today - senior level managers not working together. Being empowered Is great for those that can handle it but no accountability and follow through keeps some people in positions way over there head.

Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union2013-08-25
  5. "work you to death and force you to smile the whole time"

Current Employee - Member Advisor

I have been working at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers were great. Health benefits were nice.

Cons

everyone that writes a positive review you will note still works there and speaks in Affinity Plus Cult language. They treat staff horribly, pay them way below market rates, and don't train at all. Complain and you are out. I have seen termination letters for multiple people and they are copies of each other word for word. They make you feel like you are doing good for people but, when you see how they are failing...

Advice to Management

You are understaffed to an extreme! I watched multiple people leave long unending lines all day. I continue to work in the mortgage industry and I have talked to multiple Realtors that are coaching their customers to avoid Affinity Plus, even if they have a good deal.

Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union2013-05-20
  6. "Incredibly humane credit union, cooperative co-workers, and great learning experiences"

Former Employee - Member Advisor in Roseville, MN

I worked at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Every employee of Affinity Plus has the same level of ability to help members of the credit union. I had access and was encouraged to do as much for any member as the CEO. We were encouraged and supported in empowering and supporting members through major life events in ways that I haven't seen any financial institution do. We had time to build real relationships with people, and I felt good and right about what I...

Cons

The expectations and needs are definitely high for member advisors, because Affinity Plus has a lot of integrity and isn't all about teaching you what to do; the credit union is all about getting your unique skills to flourish and benefit your employees. It's the fastest growing credit union in the state and just keeps growing. So sometimes it can seem a little overwhelming at first, because you have A LOT to learn,...

Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union2013-04-08

"You may have thought you found your dream job....think again."

Former Employee - Member Advisor in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits...you don't pay anything for medical coverage....State of Minnesota benefits... most of the employees were great to work with....

Cons

Management, and people that had been there for years took the credit for everything...nobody listened when they were told that people were waiting too long....on the phones, in line...Revolving door....they can't keep their staff, everyone leaves within a year.

Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union2013-03-01

"It is a cult!"

Former Employee - Member Advisor in Grand Rapids, MN

I worked at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent benefits- on the job training as in you learned on the job by yourself, their computer system makes doing consumer loans so easy anyone can to the paperwork with no training.

Cons

Verbal abuse, little to no training, management that didn't know how to execute only how to push the cult-ure. You are a renewable resource and they will find another person to replace you. One of the managers gets off on making staff cry during your monthly reviews, this manager has been picking on staff for years and once you are on the bottom it is only a matter of time until you will be pushed out the door. Senior...

Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union2013-02-04

"At Affinity Plus you have zero training, and they are at a Huge loss for follow through."

Former Employee - Member Advisor in Grand Rapids, MN

I worked at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits!! Sometimes their hearts are in the right place. They want to help the members for all the right reasons.

Cons

There is zero training. When I first started they had me Doing a home equity loan after one week. There are many errors made because the new Advisors have no training and follow through is non existent. I was told to go to "knowledge base" to find directions, but even knowledge base has missing components! I saw eleven people leave or get fired within one year... In a very small branch!

Advice to Management

Please invest in your employees, that will prove to have better quality results for the Member.. Remember these are people's lives . There is a huge lack management support.

Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union2013-01-24
  10. "Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Member Advisor in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

This company walks the walk. It's not for Profit, it's for People! Each and every day you show up to work getting to make a difference in the lives of those around you.

Cons

This job is not for the lazy or those who don't put people first. You must be the kind of person who likes to take initiative and lead by example.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead strong!!

Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union2012-09-27