Affinity Property Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Affinity Property Management Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2019

3.9
Affinity Property Management CEO Richard T. Miller  (no image)
Richard T. Miller
  1. "Love where you work!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Affinity Property Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay, support, schedule, team atmosphere and great supervisors that really want you to succeed

Cons

Training for new hires, needs more structure in this area.

Advice to Management

See above

Affinity Property Management2019-06-10
  2. "Employee centered management company"

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Portland, OR

I have been working at Affinity Property Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Affinity provides all of the tools and knowledge needed to do a great job. I have worked for a couple of the big name companies in my 15 year career and am thrilled to be a part of this team.

Cons

Like any management company maintenance can be asked to do an enormous amount but it is doable

Advice to Management

Incorporate a regional maintenance manager

Affinity Property Management2018-05-30

"11 years in Property Management and Affinity has been the best!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Affinity Property Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Anyone that has worked in property management knows that it’s a tough profession. On a daily basis we not only answer to our employer, but ownership as well. Interactions with vendors, residents, and prospective residents takes a very great skill set to balance and try to accommodate everyone. And because of this, it’s so important to work for a company that makes you feel supported and successful not only in your... own position but wherever you want your career to take you. Affinity does just this! The corporate team is amazing, everyone is helpful and approachable. We have an amazing Christmas party each year and a super fun company picnic. Affinity is family friendly and it shows! The other companies I worked for never had an appreciation for its employees as I feel I get with Affinity. They also have great benefits! If you’re looking for a great company to build your career, this is where to start!

Cons

Affinity is a smaller company that is growing rapidly, and with those growing pains we are in constant need of staff. Taking time off can be difficult if you’re trying to find coverage, but I feel that’s pretty standard industry wide.

Advice to Management

Keep having the great company culture, I love it!

Affinity Property Management2018-01-13

"Couldn't imagine working for anyone else!"

Current Employee - Property Manager

Pros

Affinity is the best property management around! My job is made so easy, by the amazing team we have, both on site, and in our corporate office. Though you aren't at the corporate office every day, when you need someone, they are always so willing to help out with anything they can, and that certainly makes a difference! Affinity has a culture that promotes internal growth, and support from one another. One of... the reasons I love my job so much, is that I have the ability to really make a difference in the life of my residents, it really is a very rewarding experience. Our company events are always fun. From the Holiday party, to the many training Affinity has to offer, you are sure to have a good time.

Cons

I do wish there was more training for maintenance staff.

Affinity Property Management2017-12-20

"Great company, great benefits, awesome staff"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Vancouver, WA

Pros

This has been a great job for a person who loves paperwork. The managers are willing to work with you and give you great advice and ways to make your tasks easier. The company offers plenty of classes to familiarize you with Affinity's way of doing things and to continue to help even for the seasoned veterans. I have yet to enjoy the benefits due to just hitting the 3 months mark but am excited that my health care... is free. I also look forward to enjoying the company events, I hear Affinity puts on a great Christmas party and wonderful Summer events. Cant wait to experience them for myself.

Cons

Having been thrown right in without some prior training was a bit difficult.

Advice to Management

Suggest a week of training for roaming Leasing Agents prior to starting. Just for some basics.

Affinity Property Management2017-12-19

"Great company"

I have been working at Affinity Property Management full-time

Pros

Great benefits, upper management always reachable, especially for emergencies.

Cons

None that I have run into

Advice to Management

Thank you for listening to your employees & being an available resource.

Affinity Property Management2017-09-24

"Amazing Company With Exceptional Leadership!!"

I have been working at Affinity Property Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

By far, Affinity Property Management is the best company I have ever worked for. I've had the opportunity to work with an incredible group of people which includes mentors who genuinely care about their associates. Affinity offers excellent benefits, competitive salaries and opportunities for advancement.

Cons

After 5 years I am pleased to say I have no complaints.

Affinity Property Management2017-05-16

"Excellent Employer - Family Atmosphere - Great Benefits and Growth"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

Affinity has provided me training and growth opportunities. If you are interested in working in Property Management, this is the company to work for. They value promoting from within, which I appreciate as a current employee. The Portfolio Managers genuinely seem to care about their Managers. They host fun parties and team events. Salaries are competitive and the benefits package includes 100% company paid medical... and dental.

Cons

No 401(k) plan offered within an otherwise excellent benefits package.

Advice to Management

Focus on the culture of the company as Affinity continues its skyrocketing growth.

Affinity Property Management2017-04-28

"Couldn't Imagine Working For Any Other Company"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

A real family atmosphere. Great benefits and competitive pay. Even if you work at a site on your own, you have a team of other managers and a portfolio manager that you can talk to and rely on for advice.

Cons

No real cons. I left the company in the past to work for another company and came running back because I realized how good I had it at Affinity!

Affinity Property Management2017-03-28

"Good Company to work for.."

I have been working at Affinity Property Management full-time

Pros

They do pay you well where most companies are still behind in this respect. They also pay your medical and dental which most companies do not pay these benefits this is truly an added bonus

Cons

I honestly cannot think of cons to working for this company it seems whenever someone does leave they end up coming back to work for them

Affinity Property Management2017-03-13