Affinnova Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 28, 2017

Full-timePart-time

3.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excellence starts at the top"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Affinnova full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Excellent, easy to talk to CEO
    - Great technology and managers glad to help you learn more about it.
    - Positive, respectful atmosphere with mostly nice people
    - Promotes the advancement of talent
    - Most employees seem either willing to help or direct you to where you can get your answers
    - Hospitable and service oriented

Cons

- A lot of interviews indicate a high turnover in some areas
    - A minority of folks who think they are too self-important/talented/whatever for menial courtesies like cleaning up after themselves
    - A few talented employees that should stay where they are as they don't possess the communication skills to manage anyone

Advice to Management

Look more closely at management/supervisors in the areas with high turnover.

2. "One of the worst experiences"

Former Employee - Research in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Research in Waltham, MA

I worked at Affinnova full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products and technology. Forward thinking company. Casual, laid back office. Good mix of age groups and experience levels. Flexible hours and working from home. Great and smart people to work with on lower and mid levels. Recently acquired by Nielsen, but I wasn't around enough to see the major changes. If it doesn't kill you, makes you stronger for future jobs.

Cons

Long, late "consulting hours". Little respect for personal life. Worked the majority of weekends, holidays, and even vacation days. Management is clueless and pushes employees until they break. Very unhealthy environment and workload. Change is always around the corner, but never comes. Higher ups are gossipy and set a poor professional example. No mentoring because everyone is so busy all the time. Promotions are withheld and people strung along for years. Young people out of college are taken advantage of because they don't know any better and are promised the world. Sales driven organization, profit before people every time.

Advice to Management

Get new management and stop recycling internal people from the past. Pay people what they are worth and hire more resources to better distribute work load. Hoping the wave of recent departures will wake up the right people to take action.

"Great place to accelerate your career and work with good, smart people"

I have been working at Affinnova full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Affinnova is a great place to work. It is a good balance of casual/positive atmosphere while also challenging you to learn and grow. The company is constantly progressing internally and externally. Creativity and ideas from all levels (i.e. age) of employees are encouraged and most importantly used.

Pay, benefits and time off are in the top 10%. As the companying is growing it is investing more and more towards its employees.

I am personally thankful for the opportunities and people I work with at Affinnova.

Cons

I don't have time to go to espn.com 10 times a day like I did at my last job ;)

Advice to Management

Keep working hard, re-investing in the employees and don't lose sight of the long term vision

"Excellent and challenging work experience"

Current Employee - Senior Designer in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Affinnova full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of freedom and flexibility with schedule. Ability to work remotely. Support through inter-departmental employee groups. Great benefits and salary. Awesome people to work with. Great working environment. Focus on skills development. Ability to attend conferences and training events. Excellent IT department that doesn't drown you with policies. Good food in the kitchen from time to time and fun company events.

Cons

Not the easiest place to get to and lots of traffic in-between

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees in the trenches and strive to meet their daily work needs.

5. "Refreshing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Affinnova full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came from a Fortune 500 company to join Affinnova. I was nervous at first transitioning to such a smaller company until i met with Waleed, CEO, during my interview process. He shared his visions and ideas and plans for Affinnova and showed how he cared to grow each department and really valued the department I would be joining. Meeting with him really sealed the deal for me. The department I was in at the Fortune 500 company struggled to be noticed and valued for the 4 years I was there, so it was refreshing to see a company place value tat department instead. Not to mention how exciting it is to be interviewing with the CEO and even after being hired working closely with him as well. I have already had a lot of exposure across senior management which has been a great experience for me. It’s great to come to work with such smart and innovative people who are excited and believe in the work they do. Plus, there is so much growth that happens to the company and its employees. I drive a commute of an hour and 10 minutes (with no traffic) every day, because that's how much i enjoy my job.

Cons

Being a global company is a great part of Affinnova, but there are a few struggle to really gain a solid culture across the board. This attributes to having an outside sales team which is a big part of Affinnova, but any company with an outside sales team struggles to find that solid culture across all avenues.

"Stay away - Chaos engineering and lack of management"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA

I worked at Affinnova full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The office coordinator is very friendly.
    - Location is good, pretty convenient to drive to work.
    - Free donuts every Friday morning.

Cons

- The management across the entire company is really bad, especially the engineering department. There were no PMs, no designers because they all left at the time. It was completely chaos since then. No one knows what to do,most of the time people are assigned random tasks.
    - There are way too much process in the engineering development cycle. Each cycle is slow and the standard they claimed does not work as efficiently as they hoped. They tended to move slow.
    - They tended to form a bureaucracy around all levels of engineers. Each decision has to be run by each level and they will simply ignore you even your idea is better. It's not transparent how decisions are made either.
    - There's no work-life balance. Everyone is expected to either come in 8AM or leave at 8PM. But working longer hour doesn't guarantee higher productivity.
    - The pay is lower than the market's average, the incentives are not attractive at all.
    - Now that they out-sourced a lot of engineering work into India, the engineering is full of contractors who are non-citizen/non-residence.

Advice to Management

It used to be good, but the engineering department is completely chaos now. I would suggest that they should restructure the engineering’s structure and keep an open culture.

7. "Lacked everything you would want in an employer"

Pros

Good management depending on who is your manager
    Some work life balance depending on team
    free bagels and sometimes muffins

Cons

Terrible working environment. Office looks like a basement with no lighting. The culture doesn't exist. There just isn't one.

Advice to Management

listen to feedback, try to retain talent, be open to new ideas.

8. "Great company - Very satisfied!"

I have been working at Affinnova full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company
    Hiring a ton
    Great people
    Good pay
    Promotion opportunities
    Reasonable hours
    Company listens and not afraid to make tough decisions or changes
    Junior people step up and make meaningful contributions
    Fresh fruit and bagels delivered to the company every week
    People take breaks during the day to walk outside or play ping pong
    Wear jeans, shorts, tee-shirts, or whatever any day
    I’ll take it!

Cons

The company is serious about creating great products and delivering great results to clients. You have to be on your game, bring it and be ready to contribute.

Advice to Management

Seeing good recent changes. Keep listening.

9. "Beats a sinking ship"

Pros

Things are going pretty well for this company 20%+ growth a year and that means there are some opportunities.

Cons

You'll support CPG and you might not like all CPG. There is some legacy software to deal with and some company culture that isn't always as transparent as it could be.

Advice to Management

Think of ways to be more transparent. Transparency leads to collaboration leads to innovation.

10. ""Best company I've worked for""

Current Employee - Vice President, Strategic Account Development in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Affinnova full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Proprietary, best in class product solutions, great culture/ people, reputation in the marketplace. Good benefits, training and support. Attributes that best describe folks that do well here include Integrity, honesty, and hard working. It's a high energy atmosphere created by a diverse group of bright and talented, achievers.

Cons

Best job I've ever had but also one of the hardest. It's challenging and difficult at times, but that's also what keeps it interesting and makes it rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in training, technology and marketing support.