Affinnova Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 28, 2017

Full-timePart-time

3.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best career decision I've made"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Pros

Huge growth leading to lots of opportunities; patented,/proprietary solutions gives us a unique position in the market, really smart, thoughtful colleagues

Cons

It would be nice to have unlimited resources to execute all of our strategies faster, which ins't realistic of course

Advice to Management

Keep us moving in the right direction

2. "Thrilling work, dedicated peers and exceptional clients"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Pros

The day I started, they handed me all the tech tools and resources I need to do my job. They had an amazing training program and they start several people at the same time so there are others to bounce ideas off of. The graphical interfaces make the 'art' of innovation sing and the algorithms unique to Affinnova are the science underneath. The projects and the clients require that we all fire on all spark plugs at all times, which makes me feel alive. Love the free bagels on Fridays and the always 'snacks in the kitchen' emails.

Cons

the 128 commute can be a drag

Advice to Management

Create a FB and an iPhone app for concept studio as a parallel path

3. "Excellent learning.. very futuristic approach to work and working styles"

Current Employee - Research Director in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Research Director in Waltham, MA

Pros

High growth company. Very competitive and technologically differentiated in the market. Quality of the average employee is much better than most other companies. Diverse projects ensure continuous learning. Highly results oriented- no need to manage impressions; just deliver!

Cons

Not a well known name, yet! Work does come in spurts (like any consulting firm) so there could be periods of long hours.. but I would not look at this as an issue as it is not a continuous phenomenon.
    Pretty young company and growing rapidly; with so many new people coming in it is yet to evolve a "culture" as such.

Advice to Management

Internal marketing is definitely needed to foster a sense of belonging. There is a lot happening- this is the right time to forge the identity that is Affinnova!

4. "Absolutely a pleasure and pride to be working at Affinnova. People are smart, company is growing, and clients love us!"

Current Employee - Vice President, Client Services in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President, Client Services in Waltham, MA

Pros

Smart People, Break-through Product Offerings, Career Growth, and great training!

Cons

As a fast-growing company, hours can be a bit crazy...

5. "Great place with great people"

Current Employee - Product Owner in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Product Owner in Waltham, MA

Pros

Very challenging and rewarding. If you are willing to work, and there is no shortage of it, you will be recognized for your achievements.

Cons

There are very few down sides to speak of. They do not offer 401K matching and they are located in Waltham.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

6. ""Best company I've worked for""

Current Employee - Vice President, Strategic Account Development in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Affinnova full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Proprietary, best in class product solutions, great culture/ people, reputation in the marketplace. Good benefits, training and support. Attributes that best describe folks that do well here include Integrity, honesty, and hard working. It's a high energy atmosphere created by a diverse group of bright and talented, achievers.

Cons

Best job I've ever had but also one of the hardest. It's challenging and difficult at times, but that's also what keeps it interesting and makes it rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in training, technology and marketing support.

7. "Great company - Very satisfied!"

I have been working at Affinnova full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company
    Hiring a ton
    Great people
    Good pay
    Promotion opportunities
    Reasonable hours
    Company listens and not afraid to make tough decisions or changes
    Junior people step up and make meaningful contributions
    Fresh fruit and bagels delivered to the company every week
    People take breaks during the day to walk outside or play ping pong
    Wear jeans, shorts, tee-shirts, or whatever any day
    I’ll take it!

Cons

The company is serious about creating great products and delivering great results to clients. You have to be on your game, bring it and be ready to contribute.

Advice to Management

Seeing good recent changes. Keep listening.

"Great place to accelerate your career and work with good, smart people"

I have been working at Affinnova full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Affinnova is a great place to work. It is a good balance of casual/positive atmosphere while also challenging you to learn and grow. The company is constantly progressing internally and externally. Creativity and ideas from all levels (i.e. age) of employees are encouraged and most importantly used.

Pay, benefits and time off are in the top 10%. As the companying is growing it is investing more and more towards its employees.

I am personally thankful for the opportunities and people I work with at Affinnova.

Cons

I don't have time to go to espn.com 10 times a day like I did at my last job ;)

Advice to Management

Keep working hard, re-investing in the employees and don't lose sight of the long term vision

"Excellent and challenging work experience"

Current Employee - Senior Designer in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Affinnova full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of freedom and flexibility with schedule. Ability to work remotely. Support through inter-departmental employee groups. Great benefits and salary. Awesome people to work with. Great working environment. Focus on skills development. Ability to attend conferences and training events. Excellent IT department that doesn't drown you with policies. Good food in the kitchen from time to time and fun company events.

Cons

Not the easiest place to get to and lots of traffic in-between

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees in the trenches and strive to meet their daily work needs.

10. "Affinnova empowers its teams with cutting edge client solutions and give us the ability and autonomy to succeed."

Current Employee - VP-Client Solutions
    Current Employee - VP-Client Solutions

Pros

Great team
    Proprietary solutions
    Really smart and diverse teams
    Fair compensation for performance
    Always thinking ahead

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any. It is a challenging environment we compete in and one which I thrive in. If you are not conformable in a fast paced demand and performance work environment, then you may not work out at Affinnova.

Advice to Management

Keep breaking down barriers to success and developing new solutions to market.