Affirma Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.7
Michael Brown

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Friendly people, work life balance, free food (in 5 reviews)

• Tons of free food (bi-monthly company lunches on Wednesdays, Fast food Fridays, kitchen full of Costco food) (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing and hasn't yet figured out how to adjust to there new situation (in 5 reviews)

• I honestly don't have anything negative to say about Affirma, the company is great and any employee here would say the same (in 2 reviews)

"Could not be more pleased"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Affirma Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In the interest of full disclosure, I've only been with Affirma for a few months, but I'm loving it. Morale is high and my colleagues are fantastic.

Cons

I'm sure there's something, but I have not yet found it.

"Program Manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Affirma Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive management, options for career growth, competitive benefits and opportunities to work remote. Great work culture and encouraging atmosphere!

Cons

Not the best commute for folks on the Seattle side

Advice to Management

Consider including public transit as options in benefits package

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Affirma Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is really great about listening to their employees and trying to place them in groups that they would like to work in while at the same time excel at if there is a space for them; they are great at providing a work-life balance; and the people that work at the company are (on a whole) wonderful and great to work with.

Cons

Compensation, unfortunately, isn't always at market standards, so it is sometimes difficult to attract talent; however, the company is great at investing and growing employees and skills if they show potential.

"Keep up the good work!"

I have been working at Affirma Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Upper management cares about individual career growth
    • Great medical benefits
    • The company trust you to get your work done, and allows you to flex your schedule
    • Free food!

Cons

• Company is still growing and so being able to work in a nimble environment is key
    o This isn’t a “con” but if you do not enjoy fast pace work, this may not be the company for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Affirma Consulting full-time

Pros

Healthy and friendly office culture, office provided meals, comfortable work environment

Cons

tech is a highly competitive industry

"Couldn't ask for a better"

I have been working at Affirma Consulting full-time

Pros

- Awesome Employees. Hard-working/passionate/fun group of people.
    - Tons of free food (bi-monthly company lunches on Wednesdays, Fast food Fridays, kitchen full of Costco food)
    - Opportunity for growth.
    - Lot of one on one interaction with upper management
    - Great Benefits
    - Fun company events (holiday parties, chili cook off, bake-off)

Cons

I think recently there has been a bigger push to improve communication across business units which I appreciate. Overall, I feel very supported, valued, and informed about the business- so no real cons I can think of!

"Home"

Current Employee - BPM Consultant in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - BPM Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Affirma Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Affirma feels more like a family, and a home away from home, than an employer or workplace.

Cons

Company is always growing, so things can change often.

"Amazing Business Intelligence opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Affirma Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast and exciting Business Intelligence consulting practice allows me to quickly learn new technologies; I can also apply my experiences to a wide variety of customers and projects. Most BI consultants and companies require becoming expert in specific area but at Affirma, I can interact with the full BI lifecycle. A lot of opportunities to grow internally since Affirma tends to hire internally for new positions when there is a right skills match. Great people, free food, fun environment.

Cons

Sometimes long working hours but it's expected being in consulting

"Excellent Company and Team"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Affirma Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are what makes this place great. Affirma works hard to hire talented and fun people and does their best to take care of them.

Cons

Cons are true of consulting in general and are only cons for certain people. Many times you are required to juggle multiple hats. I enjoy it as I get to learn a lot of new technologies and work on a lot of projects. But if you like to only work on one thing with few deadlines this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

10. "Solid Premise and Internal Tools, Marginal Delivery to Customer Goals"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Affirma Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pleasant if unsophisticated corporate offices, detailed tracking systems (pipeline, availability, other management tools), broad portfolios, dedicated colleagues, decent people management "process".

Cons

Incoherent strategy, little program-level management of development process and project suites, absolute culture of fear, a focus on inane metrics, and disposable/commoditized staff.

Advice to Management

As former (senior staff) several years ago, much to say: both positives and opportunities for improvement. Despite the tracking systems, in some ways they're tracking the wrong metrics: randomizing and micromanaging senior devs, practice leads, project managers, and account execs leads to lower quality outcomes and turnover. Not surprisingly, that also leads to lost customers over the mid-term. Being customer-centric means cutting bait on bad customers, having the moral courage, which seemed to be mostly lacking at the general management level. Testing, as-usual, gets short-shrift leading to major disconnect of reasonable vs. unreasonable "quality" for customers, since it is apparently difficult to measure and build into proposals adequately? Huge escalations and blowback were ubiquitous on major projects during my years in leadership. Fixed bid projects are by-definition hazardous, thus don't act surprised when they go badly wrong due to insufficient scope understanding from square one. Neither should they be so afraid to change-order and challenge customers. "Customers first, employees second, profitability third" is the alleged credo. Hmm: not sure it really manifests that way.

Overall: plus two stars due to great dedication to the overall goal and internal processes plus fantastic account execs. However, subtract three due to mediocre bench depth, extreme pressure on employees for billability, and only a marginal reputation among major customers for actually delivering quality solutions. Affirma may not realize they are regarded with mild disdain/amateur-hour by various Fortune 500 decision makers in greater Seattle. Cross reference and research carefully, you'll note disturbing signs of marginal ability to deliver. Really, quality customers may wish to consider various other well-oiled IT firms at only slightly more cost, for better delivery assurance.

Affirma Consulting Response

Apr 24, 2017 – Principal

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your experience with us several years ago. We certainly value all feedback.

For those reading this review I would like to provide some additional... More