Aflac Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Aflac CEO Dan Amos
Dan Amos
  1. "Flexibility"

Current Contractor - Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Aflac for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible schedule to allow me to help my kids when they need it. Great training and more stability than some of the MLMs.

Cons

100% commission. What you put into it is what you get out of it.

Aflac2019-10-09
  2. "Best work decision I ever made!! Great company who does everything they advertise and preach."

Current Contractor - Sales Associate in Dover, NH

I have been working at Aflac for more than 10 years

Pros

Ethical family founded business who has stuck it's core values since founded in 1955. Flexible hours, fair commission, bonus and stock options and great training in and out of the classroom.

Cons

There is a start up period before you realize the benefits.

Aflac2019-09-30
  3. "The recruiter is extremely dishonest"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Aflac full-time for less than a year

Pros

None for me just lies maybe the name recognition

Cons

The recruiter is extremely dishonest they made me spend money and time to get my license and quit my job to start with them they don’t even have an office and the meetings or outside of a Panera bread restaurant everything from start when you get your license to the end when you find out that nothing they said is holds any honesty District coordinator says one thing and the manager disputes it and no one on the... same page

Advice to Management

Need to be honest and transparent and answer questions

Aflac2019-09-30
  4. "Proper Training is Essential"

Former Contractor - Independent Associate

I worked at Aflac

Pros

Aflac products are stellar and are cost effective for any business. Aflac provides great training and great resources to their contractors.

Cons

At the regional level, it is very important to be under the direction of a coordinator who is experienced and well-informed but also, one who informs their associates about all the details.

Advice to Management

Any Corporate details and changes need to be effectively communicated from corporate on to the regional levels in a timely fashion.

Aflac2019-08-21
  5. "A solid organization"

Current Contractor - Associate in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Aflac for more than a year

Pros

Schedule freedom Brand recognition Management Team Associate Team Uncapped Earnings

Cons

Commission Only Employer Access Lack of understanding of product Self generating leads Finance area of the business

Advice to Management

Continue to demonstrate you care about those producing revenue for your organization

Aflac2019-08-05
  6. "Great Company, Terrible Local Management"

Former Contractor - Sales Associate in Lafayette, LA

I worked at Aflac for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company, great products, lots of opportunities for those who work hard and stay at it. Commissions paid in two days on most products.

Cons

Local office was a “good old boys” club, and unless you were family or close friends with the managers (which most agents there were) you were left on your own while others got all the leads and accounts to work.

Aflac2019-08-19
  7. "If you can do it, you can do it!"

Former Contractor - Sales Associate in Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at Aflac for less than a year

Pros

If you can take the training, get GOOD leads, and overcome objections, you can make some money here by getting employers to offer voluntary (employee paid) benefits and selling them policies. No enrollment, no commission. Spend a lot of time Cold Calling and chasing prospective clients. Five or 6 people in the office making the big bucks, others really slaving hard to make a little something. Great office atmosphere..., considering. It’s basically a friendly hamster wheel.

Cons

Their systems are broken. They’re functioning on luck and polite persuasion. Agents fall by the wayside every week. You just never see them again, nor is any explanation given or name mentioned at all. Hope my former colleagues don’t think I was fired for cause—I gave notice because it was costing me money to work for them—the leads were so bad I couldn’t get employers onboard for a short 15-minute meeting.... Therefore no opportunity to sell policies, no opportunity to earn commissions. Followed by letters from Corporate questioning lack of production. It can be a no-win situation, and often is.

Advice to Management

Don’t parade a possible 6-figure income to people who can’t even get an employer meeting using the outdated, poorly sourced, badly researched leads. It’s not the Associate, it’s the hoops we were forced to jump through to garner even a small book of business. Commission-only positions require quality support, not just lip-service.

Aflac2019-07-16
  8. "Sales position"

Former Contractor - Sales Associate

I worked at Aflac for more than a year

Pros

You get coached by a senior associate

Cons

You work your leads alone

Aflac2019-07-29
  9. "Stay Away"

Former Contractor - Sales Associate

I worked at Aflac for less than a year

Pros

Work environment, ability to control your own schedule.

Cons

Unless you can wait months before seeing an actual paycheck, run for the door, listen to the interviews and do not fall for their scheme.

Aflac2019-07-23

""Invest in Us, and We'll Invest Nothing in You!""

Former Contractor - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aflac for less than a year

Pros

Extensive sales training, nice individual colleagues.

Cons

ZERO compensation for THREE month long, 40 hour/week on-boarding process, dishonest recruiters, ZERO base pay, ZERO benefits, next to zero compensation, reimbursement or other form of support for sales associates.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to prospective associates. Either dramatically reduce the amount of mandatory training sessions for new sales associates, online, and more importantly in-person, OR compensate your trainees for things like transportation to training sites and (here's a thought)...THEIR TIME SPENT LEARNING HOW TO MAKE AFLAC MONEY.

Aflac2019-06-15