Afni Reviews in Bowling Green, KY | Glassdoor

1.7
Afni President and CEO Ron Greene
Ron Greene

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good pay, good coworkers depending on who you hung with, decent supervisors depending on who you got (in 22 reviews)

• Flexible schedules and time off is accrued each pay period (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Normal call center grief and drama (in 27 reviews)

• Low pay and mandatory overtime make for bad work/life balance (in 15 reviews)

1. "Awful company."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Afni full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is pretty good, especially if you can manage to get the bonus which can add an extra 50 cents to $2.

Cons

Management isn't trained well, supervisors are thrown into the positions without any training and then fired when they make a mistake, customers are awful, they lie to you from the moment you walk into that place.

Advice to Management

Provide some assistance for the people on the phones.

2. "Review"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Afni full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed dress code and hour long lunch

Cons

Very Stressful. Supervisors will praise you when you statistics are consistently high in performance but question you when performance have a drop or bad surveys happen. Being yelled at by customers who never understood their bill or were never informed about service/equipment agreements.

Advice to Management

Monitor your employees as some of the "best" team performers are cheating the system for statistics by deliberately causing accounts to not populate resulting in no surveys. Also call avoidance through non-populating calls being placed on mute so agent could talk to neighbor or look at cellphone.

3. "They couldn't pay me enough to go back..."

Former Employee - Customer Care Consultant in Bowling Green, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Care Consultant in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Afni full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good insurance, great location

Cons

1. Management sucks
    2. Most people you talk to are upset, mad, angry, and hold you personally responsible for the companies faults.
    3. No time off for emergencies. My mother was very sick and in the hospital; we found out that she was dying and I needed to go out of town to stay with her at the hospital for, what turned out to be, a week. AFNI refused to let me off work to stay with her; so I told them to kiss it and I walked out.
    *I have recently had recruiter contact me saying that they found my resume on indeed and ask me if I would be interested in working at AFNI. I sent them back a response that says, "Bwa..ha..hahaha..ha, NO...hahahahahaha!

Advice to Management

1. Rethink your time off strategy to be more flexible and employee-friendly.
    2. Allow assigned desks instead of rotating people (going on break or lunch, and coming back to someone else at your computer feels like an invasion of space and is EXTREMELY annoying!)

4. "Not a great place to work"

Former Employee - Project Coach in Bowling Green, KY
    Former Employee - Project Coach in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Afni full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with is the only reason i stayed as long as i did.

Cons

They work you to death, they don't care about their employees. Their priorities change so much it is hard to keep up with what is expected. You get no work life balance. You are expected to work on your off days and work long hours everyday. You never hear positive feedback it is always about what you are doing wrong.

Advice to Management

Stand behind your team members, you like to claim it is a great place to work but it is false.

5. "I couldn't handle the stress and negativity..."

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Bowling Green, KY
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Bowling Green, KY

Pros

The benefits package sounded alright. Training lasts 12 weeks. I met a few great co-workers and made some awesome friends. Hour long lunch is nice.

Cons

VERY negative atmosphere. All of the management seem so fake, especially with their forced smiles. A lot of issues with the phones going down. Plenty of people there just don't even care about the job. One good day can be ruined by one bad call.

"Great Job!!"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Afni full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great coaches, good pay, clean and comfortable facility, great benefits, great career and advancement opportunities.

Cons

The ONLY con that I can think of is that the training is at night. If the training had been during daytime shift and I knew I would get daytime shift after training, I'd still be there. I loved my job at Afni. Would go back today!!

Advice to Management

none except to get a training class going during the daytime shift for those who HAVE to work but HAVE to have first shift. MISS YOU GUYS!!

7. "Afni on crash course"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Bowling Green, KY
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Bowling Green, KY

Pros

Great health benefits and vacation

Cons

Does no development of their employees

Advice to Management

Do not promote and set people for failure

"Part time/full time"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bowling Green, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Afni part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very laid back, can get away with things easily. And if you're a supervisors favorite, they also help you get away with things. (:

Cons

I am currently employed at Afni & have been for 2+ years. I am currently looking for another job. Supervisors take their jobs to their advantage, they only care about what reps do because it affects their bonus if the reps don't meet stats. Afni in general does not stick to promises. They want you to do everything right for them but when you need the LEAST bit of help, you're SOL. It's hard to get days off. You also never get holidays off because who cares if we want to spend time with family on Christmas, right? And who cares if you have kids, Afnis business needs are most high in the afternoon/night, so you're child that needs to be picked up from school? Good luck finding someone to take your shift becaus everyone else works the same schedule as you.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for people who won't take it.

Feb 3, 2016 – Contact Center Recruiter

We are always happy to hear feedback from our employees. Afni strives to create a positive working environment. We do have a responsibility to our client. That responsibility does require us to be... More

"Customer Care Specialist"

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Bowling Green, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Afni full-time

Pros

Flexibility in schedule: work from home opportunity

Cons

No real training or support ...customers you work with have talked with agents several times with n resolve and then you get the call,,see the notes and realize ..none has helped this customer from the start and now time has passed your hands are tied too.

Advice to Management

Do your job...take the escalations....fix the problems...BE THE SOLUTION...resolve to truly help the customer!!

Feb 3, 2016 – Contact Center Recruiter

Thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate employees who take initiative, and have such a positive attitude to help our customers! If at any point you feel like you are not being... More

"CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Afni full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of hours, flexible schedule.

Cons

Upper Management doesn't know what is going on. Disgusting building, literally dead skin flakes caked on the back of every chair and a carper that has never been washed and I have found fleas on me while at work. Management rewards suck ups and liars who will manipulate stats. Lots of weird creepy people work there and sexual harassment has been an issue for several female coworkers during my employment there.

Advice to Management

Take calls and find out what is actually going on on the floor instead of sitting in offices and playing ping pong all day.

Aug 12, 2015 – Contact Center Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to review your time at Afni. We appreciate all feedback and want to make sure we are taking into consideration how our employees feel about important aspects of working... More