Afni Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Afni President and CEO Ron Greene
Ron Greene

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good pay, good coworkers depending on who you hung with, decent supervisors depending on who you got" (in 21 reviews)

• "Flexible Schedules, Nice Environment, Great Coaches, Paid Training, etc" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "A little boring - it is working in a call center and talking on the phone" (in 28 reviews)

• "Low pay if you can not meet all the metrics to subsidize hourly rate" (in 16 reviews)

1. "Good pay"

I worked at Afni full-time

Pros

Good pay, friendly environment, comfortable work space.

Cons

A lot of information to retain.

Advice to Management

Training in a non secure area so notes can be taken for those who need visual reenforcement of things learned. We all learn differently.

2. "Great place to be for a while."

Former Employee - Web Chat Sales Representative in Opelika, AL
    Former Employee - Web Chat Sales Representative in Opelika, AL

I worked at Afni full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mostly positive working environment. Great recognition for achievement from management.

Cons

Too many sales parameters that must be met to make decent commission from the client.

Advice to Management

Work with the client to develop ways to compensate the chat reps for everything they do, not just certain things.

3. "Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Opelika, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Opelika, AL

I worked at Afni full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great customer service experiences and pay

Cons

Hard to get flexible schedule

4. "Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Afni full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great starting pay, friendly environment.

Cons

Odd hours, not enough training.

Advice to Management

Provide more training and more work schedules.

5. "Teview"

I have been working at Afni full-time

Pros

Good environment good hrs. Nice management. Good training. Al the hrs u need

Cons

Kinda boring. But in a good way. They kinda work u

"Toxic"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Opelika, AL

I worked at Afni full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PLENTY of hours available (including both voluntary and mandatory overtime).

Cons

Most of the mentors, coaches, supervisors, etc take their job titles to their heads. Talking to you like their disobedient child all day, nasty glares if you dare need their assistance. Would ONLY recommend this company to someone in dire need of a position and/or in school and able to do part-time. Decent pay, but not worth it at all... will lead you to believe things will improve once you make it to production (LIES), you’re then given things like homework assignments to complete for your coach (while on the calls or prolonging your shift, pick your poison) Says there is no script but will yell at you if you don’t say things their way... the amount of times someone was wheeled out by an ambulance due to a panic attack or whatever their issue is sad.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on your coaches/mentors...allow agents to periodically send in anonymous reviews on their experiences with them. It’s not easy to just up and go to HR or even confront them they way you want when your income is on the line. Yeah, calls can get redundant and stressful, but there’s no reason the smoking unit outside should be filled to capacity if the work environment was genuinely positive.

7. "Boo afni"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Opelika, AL

I worked at Afni full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Start rate 12.50 a hr

Cons

100% attendance will not work with you no matter what's wrong with you wont except des notes and black out weekends so you cant use rto and if you use sick time you earn it counts against you

Advice to Management

Loosen your policy

8. "Decent pay"

I worked at Afni full-time

Pros

The pay is reasonable and the mentors are helpful

Cons

The transition coaches are o my worried about their stats even though you are still in training. They count everything against you even though its training and never tell you about the good you do.

Advice to Management

Get some managers that are along to give people to me to learn all the information instead of worrying about getting a bonus from stats

9. "avoid"

I worked at Afni full-time

Pros

Pay and benefits was the only thing

Cons

In the time I worked there I was constantly shifted to a new boss. In the time I was there for about 7 months I had 7 different t bosses. They judge you based on your stats. When I got sick they were not willing to work with me on it. My stats suffered on this. They constantly berated me over small stuff saying there is the “guided flow” of how they want you to do things but you can say what you want which was a load of crap. I followed the guideline they told me to, and half the time with the customers they did not want to hear it. I was constantly cut off by customers even when I attempted to do what they asked. They did not judge me on my behaviors but based off a score a customer gives you to a model that just does not work.... I tried to reason with them but hell no. Majority of the mentors and coaches don’t care about you, they care about what is going into their pocket and they wonder why the turn over rate is high. Then they ask you to fill out a survey yet they do not take it seriously ever or look at it for that matter. They continually say you can move up but moving is rather difficult, problem is with so many people fighting over the position it’s fairly slim. A former coworker was bumped up and bumped back down in a matter of weeks being hired into the mentor role.

Advice to Management

Be flexible with your employees. I understand you are graded on performance but encourage people. Do not beat them down and get a better rewards system for your employees

10. "Good and Bad"

I have been working at Afni full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you can find a position you enjoy, it's a great company to work for.

Cons

You can get stuck doing things that are not enjoyable. The pay rate is not competitive. The turnover, even for high level positions is through the roof.