Afni Reviews in Tucson, AZ | Glassdoor

Tucson, AZ

Afni President and CEO Ron Greene
Ron Greene

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good pay, good coworkers depending on who you hung with, decent supervisors depending on who you got (in 22 reviews)

• Flexible schedules and time off is accrued each pay period (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Normal call center grief and drama (in 27 reviews)

• Low pay and mandatory overtime make for bad work/life balance (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Social Media Specialist"

Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone is really nice & helpful. A lot of ways to flex your schedule. Benefits offered after 90 days. You can move up easily & fast. A lot of support & training. The pay is alright. I have nothing negative to say about AFNI. They've been good to me & it's a great place to work!

Cons

The pay could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job all of you do!

Afni Response

Aug 22, 2017 – Corporate Recruiting

Thanks for your review!

2. "It is what it is"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Afni full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great starting pay $11.25/hr
    Diversity in the work force
    Extensive training

Cons

High School type environment
    Management
    Depressing atmosphere

3. "Afni, INC."

Former Employee - Amanda in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Amanda in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Afni full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, free catered food sometimes, spirit days, long training/nesting program

Cons

Normal call center grief and drama

Advice to Management

More incentives for people nesting

Afni Response

Jul 30, 2017 – Corporate Recruiting

Hey Amanda - thanks for your review and recommendation. What's better than free catered food and spirit days? We appreciate your advice on nesting incentives.

4. "Lead mentor"

Current Employee - Lead Mentor in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Lead Mentor in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work enviorment is nice

Cons

Management is unprofessional and incetives are poor done

Advice to Management

Be professional

5. "Customer service"

I have been working at Afni full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy move up opportunities

Cons

Loud, won't work with your schedule, busy,

Advice to Management

Pay increase, relax on disconnects, extend breaks

6. "Afni Project Coach"

Former Employee - Project Coach in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Project Coach in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Afni full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Afni can depend a lot on what project you are on and definitely on who your boss/supervisor is. I had some really great people to work with that are still my friends. The work (supporting a major telecommunications company) was fast paced and you were always learning about new technology, products and services.

Cons

The culture varies greatly from project to project and leader to leader. As a Supervisor/Project Coach there is a lot more work than time to get it done. Expect to put in 50+ hours a week. The team size can fluctuate from 12 to 20 agents but you are not compensated when a lot of extra work was required. After over 6 years there I felt it moved from people to just profits. There was favoritism and a lack of accountability. If you take a vacation all that work is there for you to catch up on. The bonus structure is set up so that doing the right thing for the customer is penalized. Stats were rewarded over integrity. Opportunities for advancement were rare.

Advice to Management

Take a realistic look at what you are asking of your Supervisor/Team Lead and the time it takes to get those core duties accomplished. Make success a team effort and hold those accountability that don't buy into it. The coaching model is antiquated and doesn't produce results.

"Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Afni full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule as long as it is on their terms

Cons

Company does NOT care about its workers.

Advice to Management

When someone is clearly SICK, don't write them up for calling in sick... write them up for coming into work sick and getting the rest of your staff sick! Your policies are completely insane. I have a lowered immune system due to a previous surgery. I ended up needing a major, open-heart surgery although I picked up pneumonia because of someone who works within your building and came in sick due to YOUR policies. It took me nearly six weeks to get rid of the pneumonia then I had the open-heart surgery. I get terminated because you only allow a single, continuous, six week leave of absence. My wife could have worked, being provided with FLEXIBILITY to get me to doctor appointments and other medical needs... but, no, if she went back to work, she could not have one more minute off, let alone a day. INSANE! It was not my fault that I got pneumonia and was not MY fault that I needed a major heart surgery. It was YOUR fault that I picked up pneumonia because of someone working at your facility. Then I am supposed to have a heart surgery, walk out the door same-day and be on the phones taking calls for you the next day??? TRY IT YOURSELF why don't you. Because I was still in ICU and my wife needed to be available to the hospital and to me and could not be on phones for YOU, she was terminated. I will be certain to tell everyone I know who makes it known to me that they are considering employment with AFNI, exactly what you have done to MY family... taking away all of our income. In my book, you are all a bunch of absolute losers.

8. "Customer Service Representative"

I have been working at Afni full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Afni does a fantastic job of teaching active listening techniques and how to deescalate irate people. I have learned how to build rapport with any stranger. Afni has good medical, dental and vision benefits and a positive coaching atmosphere. Every performance review is an opportunity to grow and improve as a person. I would recommend them highly to every high school grad. The skills you will learn at Afni will improve your performance in future jobs and in interpersonal relationships.

Cons

The bonus is not based purely on your performance. Compensation is largely based on how well you manage customer's short term emotional states. Sometimes, you will loose your bonus for the month due to no fault of your own. You may continue to do exactly the same quality of work and bonus higher one month and lower the next.

Advice to Management

Having coaches manually enter approved time off in addition the the electronic approval system is an extra unnecessary step that takes coaches time and attention away from things that can't be automated. It aggravates agents and lowers morale. I see no benefit to the business in having this extra step and plenty of harm to the business.

9. "Afni"

Current Employee - Customer Care Agent in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Care Agent in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bonuses are great and you get a lot of employee discounts which are cool. I think one of the favorites is the discount at Panda Express

Cons

Unprofessional staff, get written up for not being able to talk, not easy to change your schedule, when you ask for something it takes a lot longer than what it should

Advice to Management

If a person can't talk because they lost their voice they should not be written up for it. There is nothing that person can do to fix it. Either let them go home without writing them up or let them floor walk. With a whiteboard and a marker they can still help other agents.

10. "Very high bars to jump over"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Afni full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good and relationships good

Cons

1. Very high metrics or bars to jump over. 2. Through the testing stage of three months, a person is tested on challenges with all the different types of people out there. These test have to be perfect. If not then pressure is put on the person to resign, by assessments at predetermined intervals. 3. The company expects employees to communicate effectively when they themselves do not practice it at hiring. 4. They have mandatory overtime (You don't have a choice).sj

Advice to Management

Learn how to communicate effectively by showing an example of face-to-face personality test. Not a written computer test.