Aga Khan Development Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Aga Khan

1. "Finance Assistant"

Current Employee - Finance Assistant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Finance Assistant in Washington, DC

Pros

Love the culture, the people, the work, & the impact. Also love the flex-time options to balance work & life. Love the benefits offered.

Cons

None to mention or to bring attention to.

Advice to Management

n/a

2. "Unprofessional organization"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Aga Khan Development Network (More than a year)

Pros

impact of the work is great in the field

Cons

very political and unfair organization

3. "Less professional"

Current Employee - Program Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Program Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Aga Khan Development Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great exposure with much higher responsibilities for new graduates, that you can not easily find out somewhere else. A lot of field travels and first hand experience. Flexibility for personal initiatives and lot of room for creativity. a lot of Culture diversity and many nationalities in a relatively small team.

Cons

Poor Salary and personnel management. Employment policies enforced randomly at manager's will. There is no official pay scale, and you can be surprised to learn that a pear makes 50% and yet same responsibilities and experiences. Instead of written policies, management favoritism tend to be more prevailing.

Advice to Management

Open Communication and transparency in pay scales.

5. "Rewarding Volunteer Work"

Former Employee - Schools Outreach Lead in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Schools Outreach Lead in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aga Khan Development Network part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work that I got to do with this organization was very rewarding. They raise money to end global poverty. I was part of the schools outreach team. The schools initiative was in its' second year at the time. It was challenging to establish a name for the schools outreach team among the local community but I enjoyed the challenge. I had immense support from my team. By the end of my term we not only reach but surpassed our goal of having 20 schools as an active part of the initiative.

Cons

Depending on your role the responsibilities can become a bit overwhelming at times. I had a regional role so that meant a lot had to be done in a somewhat short amount of time. Although, if you are passionate about ending global poverty then the lack of sleep/social life/work-personal life balance won't phase you.

6. "AKDN Review"

I worked at Aga Khan Development Network full-time

Pros

One of the biggest international non-profits, working on diverse themes, great benefits for employees

Cons

I had a great experience working with the organization so no cons as such

"Manager"

I worked at Aga Khan Development Network full-time

Pros

Multidisciplinary, diverse, dynamic environment with plenty of opportunities to move into senior management positions and really make a difference.

Cons

Recruitment takes a very, very long time.

Advice to Management

Please improve you recruitment timing. Once a job announcement closes, please move to interview short-listed candidates sooner rather than way, way later.

8. "Excellent place to work!"

I have been working at Aga Khan Development Network full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Aga Khan Foundation offers excellent benefits package! It provides a working atmosphere which is based on mutual trust! It offers flex hours and work/life balance. I couldn't have asked for anything better! it certainly looks into retaining talented staff and also provides very friendly work atmosphere based on respect and trust!
    AKF is under new management and leadership which is excellent. The new CEO is truly a blessing to the organization.
    It absolutely provides growth opportunity for deserving candidates and as the positions become available.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the good work that the new management has been performing under the new dynamic leadership!!!

9. "Procurement officer"

Former Employee - Program Assistant
    Former Employee - Program Assistant

Pros

Great people that love what they do and the impact they have on society

Cons

The organization takes quite a long time to make decisions. However, this is probably a good idea given their brand is so important.

10. "Procurement Officer"

Pros

Friendly environment, more chances of staff development, give value to its employees and provides education financial assistance for its employes.

Cons

i haven't noticed any cons so far.

Advice to Management

To back their employees at any condition.

11. "Finance Officer"

Pros

More responsibility than the Job title. Chance to do a lot more and learn a lot. It is a good place to work for those seeking to broaden their knowledge and hands on experience for international development.

Cons

Little professionalism. Employees at mercy of the supervisor. Policies and procedures do exist , but they are not followed. There is a encouraged tendency to working to please bosses , instead of doing the job within well defined professional setups.

Advice to Management

Management should give more voice to employees. Professionalism should be encouraged and enforce the rules that protect employees from potential abuses by supervisors.