Agari Reviews | Glassdoor

Agari Chief Executive Officer Ravi Khatod
Ravi Khatod

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Intern"

Pros

Great perks: free lunch on Tuesdays, office gym, casual vibe

Cons

Lots of unsupervised time; hard to know when you're doing a good job for less experienced employees

Advice to Management

Don't abandon the casual, small-company vibe as you grow

"Outside Sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Agari (More than a year)

Pros

The products are mature and fill a critical gap in email security.

Quotas are extremely reasonable, probably the most reasonable I’ve seen in any software company where I’ve worked. There are a number of reps who are either already over their yearly plan or right near their yearly number going into our final quarter. The company does a really great President’s Club trip for overachievers each year and next year’s trip looks to be jam-packed.

It’s a small enough company to where you will have a ton of exposure with executive leadership. Both our CEO and our founder are genuinely good people, passionate about the company and great leaders and visionaries.

There was a previous review written by someone who took issue with the sales culture and the VP of Sales in particular. As a current field rep who’s been here almost two years I can emphatically say that that review is absolutely false. The VP is a very well-respected, well-liked person who brought around 10 people from sales to SEs to field marketing folks to Agari from his previous company. It’s hard to amass that kind of following if you’re known as a “bully”. In sales we are professionals and we need to be able to stand behind our numbers and answer questions about our commits and our pipeline. Nothing unreasonable about that. Also, Agari as a company is over its year-to-date sales plan so the idea that everyone is fudging their commits and that it all comes crumbling down at the end of the quarter is factually incorrect. This might have been true for that one particular rep but if that were true of the entire team we would be way behind our year to date goal, which we are not.

Bottom line is we’ve been expanding the team rapidly. We received a $40M investment from Goldman Sachs earlier this year and have been busy hiring reps all over the country. With growth, there’s always the risk of running into some hiccups during the hiring process. That’s just the way it is. I stand behind our company, the culture, our VP, and I’m excited about the new products we’re working on as we expand our portfolio of market-leading products.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

You’ve built a great culture so let’s keep it going as we continue to expand.

"Great company with excellent potential for growth/sale"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Agari full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture is top notch and everyone is empowered to impact change within the organization. Team members are willing to help do whatever it takes to get the job done in a collaborative manner. The sales team is experienced and is held accountable to the business goals, as they should be. Sales goals/quotas are fair and compensation is on par with other high growth sales positions, allowing for overachievement. Sales management is always willing to get involved and work as a team to assist the sales reps with opportunities through the sales cycle. The company has ambitious growth goals and sales is pushed to meet those goals, so there is pressure (like every sales role) to meet your commitments. The new strategic partnership with Cisco is also going to be a great thing for the company.

Cons

Benefits are great, but no 401k matching.

Advice to Management

Continue innovating as quickly as possible.

"Great potential with major issues"

I have been working at Agari full-time

Pros

There is great potential for continued growth and for employees with equity to have a successful exit. Market timing is good as there is a need for Agari's solutions. The products are not perfect, but fill a gap in the market. The people in the company are enjoyable to work with. We recently moved to a very nice HQ office building. There are lots of free snacks, meals, and other perks.

Cons

Sales culture is bad Reps live in fear of getting yelled at by the VP. They can't give real numbers or they will get blasted at so they build a story around fake ones. This comes crumbling down eventually and the cycle repeats each quarter. Sales leadership has no strategy other than bullying reps to commit deals that shouldn't be. The lack of professionalism (how reps are spoken to) is shocking. Many reps are either fearing they will be fired, actively looking for another job, or thinking about looking. It's a shame that this overshadows all of the good things about the company.

Advice to Management

Fix the sales culture. The company won't hit the growth targets if qualify reps continue to leave.

Agari Response

Oct 12, 2018 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking a moment to share your honest feedback. While we strive to make Agari a great place to work for everyone, it appears we have fallen short in this situation. We'll share this... More

"Great company, great leadership and great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Agari full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with wonderful people. There's no 'Bro" culture here- just genuinely good people fighting the good fight! Our leadership is thoughtful and invested in every single employee.

Cons

I can't think of one!

6. "Passionate and Fun"

I have been working at Agari full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I interact with are awesome. Everyone genuinely gets along with everyone. The people are passionate about what Agari develops and does AND everyone is having fun. The Executive Management team is extremely approachable and is passionate about the product and the company culture. Agari really makes an effort to make this an awesome place to work.

Cons

I would like to see more interaction with the people from our two other offices.

Advice to Management

Stay passionate, keep listening to your employees and continue to empower your middle management team to make decisions as you currently are.

7. "1 Year Review of working at Agari!"

Current Employee - Business Operations Analyst in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Business Operations Analyst in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Agari full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of my favorite things about working at Agari is how conducive the work environment is to supporting any form of development, education, and growth. Everyone at Agari is very open and willing to help support your curiosity about the security space, the product, or really anything you show a passionate interest in. I experienced this as an intern and now as a full time employee and I believe that this sort of work environment has helped me successful in my personal growth at Agari.

Cons

I wish I had more opportunities to interact with people outside of my business unit or remote employees.

"A rocket ship that has already started to take off"

I have been working at Agari full-time

Pros

Excellent product, strong market fit. Company is at the right place at the right time solving a very big problem to stop phishing from destroying brands and businesses.
    Strong exec team + management team
    Highly respected board of directors
    Generally happy customers
    Not overly weighted to any one customer / region / channel - risk is spread evenly
    Strong 3-5 year vision

Cons

Customer success function not where it needs to be. The company has parted ways with the exec and has a clear path forward with support from across the exec team and the board

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Agari full-time

Pros

Not a lot of office politics, really a small company feel with everyone working together. A lot of freedom in your work to get things done and accomplish yours and the company's goals. A lot of really smart and talented people to work with.

Cons

You have to want to work. It's not a big company where you skate by on minimal effort. Work life balance is flexible but there are weeks where it feels like more work and less life!

Advice to Management

Do whatever you can to keep the company culture, even as we get bigger. I think that is the biggest factor in retaining talented people.

10. "Great Startup to Work"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Agari full-time

Pros

Very smart people, great culture, great products, everyone passionate about improving cyber security, flexible hours

Cons

Not necessarily a con but as with any startup expect some growing pains which is a good problem to have for a startup

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and stay focused on the awesome vision