Agari Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Agari Chief Executive Officer Ravi Khatod
Ravi Khatod

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing work culture and Excellent Products"

I have been working at Agari full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Amazing work culture with motivating and inspirational leaders
    -Excellent and fundamentally different solutions that protect digital communications for customers
    -Great benefits

Cons

Smaller sized company - so you need to be flexible with change and growth

"Great, one of a kind company"

I have been working at Agari full-time

Pros

Rock star product, innovative application of AI, excellent market opportunity, hard-working, dedicated staff and good work / family balance. I’ve never had problems getting email answered (lol) and after working in Silicon Valley for almost 20 years have found the management team very capable, forward thinking and communicative. CMO like much of eStaff is serial entrepreneur with several successful stints behind him … smart and knows how to get a company over the top. Easy to see the impact since early 2H’18. If you want to take charge of your career and make an impact, this is a great place to be.

Cons

Lots of potential with a huge market opportunity and already a global customer base, but the job is not done yet. Agari needs to continue attracting top talent in a highly competitive market niche with numerous competitors taking their best shot (and some cheap shots) at the company. Company still needs to make the shift from successful product-driven to successful market-driven. Expect some typical Silicon Valley growing pains ahead, but nothing out of the ordinary. Growth will address many of these.

Advice to Management

Management team needs to keep company focused on growth targets. It's great that many employees work from home part time to make the commute reasonable, but virtual teams have to be extra diligent to stay in sync.

"Great company, exciting times, headed in the right direction!"

I have been working at Agari full-time

Pros

Great CEO & Co-founder leading the company! Ravi has passion, gives encouragement, and empowerment to his people. Pat is humble, gets to know everyone's name, and really cares about the company's success & culture. Both awesome leaders, with a great CTO as well, leading a high performing Engineering team. The VP of Product has greatly improved and influenced our solution, arming us with the right weapons. Lastly, the CFO is conservative, but you can tell he has the company's best interest. Make the right decisions for your team and budget, and he'll be on your side. The people are great, make you feel welcome. Everyone seems to have a sense of humor which makes it fun. The company does a lot for it's employees which is nice for continued morale.

Cons

Most of the C suite is awesome, but we've struggled with our previous Sales leader, and now with our new CRO and VP of Sales, we're headed in the right direction. The CMO is demanding in an unhealthy way. It's his way or the highway. He treats some on his team like peasants, "too high up" to interact with the rest of Marketing. Puts a lot of pressure on his team which doesn't make a great culture. No people skills, no leadership skills.

Advice to Management

Note down culture as the main criteria as you expand the C-suite. This is the tone they will set for the rest of their team, which can impact the success of the business. People are behind the success, give the people great leaders. Results are very important, but that shouldn't compromise the quality of a leader.

"Burning investors money"

Current Employee - Manager in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Agari full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

World class engineers working here.

Cons

Too much emphasis on branding those are not translating to revenue, company missed revenue target last quarter, company is not doing good this year as well.

Advice to Management

They do not want to hear anything.

Agari Response

Feb 19, 2019 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We do take any and all feedback positive or negative seriously. While this might not have been a review we would have like to receive, I will address this with the... More

"Great company to work for!*"

I have been working at Agari full-time

Pros

*If you like companies that suck.

Cons

Pace - it is not fast-past as much as it is completely chaotic. No order, no planning, no communication, no organization.

Everyone is running around with their hair on fire. All the time.

No one responds to emails, ever. This is company-wide and further delays any action item as everyone is constantly waiting for other people to complete their deliverables to be able to complete their own deliverables.

No one ever smiles, jokes or is in a good mood.

C-Suite is the worst. Do not have the skills or experience to manage teams. Have dropped the F-bomb in front of entire org in frustration. So not professional.

Employees are not respected.

Tense atmosphere 24/7 nites & weekends.

Advice to Management

Find seasoned, professional team leaders and get rid of the posers. Worker bees are hard-working and qualified, they just lack good leaders.

"Outside Sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Agari (More than a year)

Pros

The products are mature and fill a critical gap in email security.

Quotas are extremely reasonable, probably the most reasonable I’ve seen in any software company where I’ve worked. There are a number of reps who are either already over their yearly plan or right near their yearly number going into our final quarter. The company does a really great President’s Club trip for overachievers each year and next year’s trip looks to be jam-packed.

It’s a small enough company to where you will have a ton of exposure with executive leadership. Both our CEO and our founder are genuinely good people, passionate about the company and great leaders and visionaries.

There was a previous review written by someone who took issue with the sales culture and the VP of Sales in particular. As a current field rep who’s been here almost two years I can emphatically say that that review is absolutely false. The VP is a very well-respected, well-liked person who brought around 10 people from sales to SEs to field marketing folks to Agari from his previous company. It’s hard to amass that kind of following if you’re known as a “bully”. In sales we are professionals and we need to be able to stand behind our numbers and answer questions about our commits and our pipeline. Nothing unreasonable about that. Also, Agari as a company is over its year-to-date sales plan so the idea that everyone is fudging their commits and that it all comes crumbling down at the end of the quarter is factually incorrect. This might have been true for that one particular rep but if that were true of the entire team we would be way behind our year to date goal, which we are not.

Bottom line is we’ve been expanding the team rapidly. We received a $40M investment from Goldman Sachs earlier this year and have been busy hiring reps all over the country. With growth, there’s always the risk of running into some hiccups during the hiring process. That’s just the way it is. I stand behind our company, the culture, our VP, and I’m excited about the new products we’re working on as we expand our portfolio of market-leading products.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

You’ve built a great culture so let’s keep it going as we continue to expand.

"Intern"

Pros

Great perks: free lunch on Tuesdays, office gym, casual vibe

Cons

Lots of unsupervised time; hard to know when you're doing a good job for less experienced employees

Advice to Management

Don't abandon the casual, small-company vibe as you grow

"Great company with excellent potential for growth/sale"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Agari full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture is top notch and everyone is empowered to impact change within the organization. Team members are willing to help do whatever it takes to get the job done in a collaborative manner. The sales team is experienced and is held accountable to the business goals, as they should be. Sales goals/quotas are fair and compensation is on par with other high growth sales positions, allowing for overachievement. Sales management is always willing to get involved and work as a team to assist the sales reps with opportunities through the sales cycle. The company has ambitious growth goals and sales is pushed to meet those goals, so there is pressure (like every sales role) to meet your commitments. The new strategic partnership with Cisco is also going to be a great thing for the company.

Cons

Benefits are great, but no 401k matching.

Advice to Management

Continue innovating as quickly as possible.

"Great potential with major issues"

I have been working at Agari full-time

Pros

There is great potential for continued growth and for employees with equity to have a successful exit. Market timing is good as there is a need for Agari's solutions. The products are not perfect, but fill a gap in the market. The people in the company are enjoyable to work with. We recently moved to a very nice HQ office building. There are lots of free snacks, meals, and other perks.

Cons

Sales culture is bad Reps live in fear of getting yelled at by the VP. They can't give real numbers or they will get blasted at so they build a story around fake ones. This comes crumbling down eventually and the cycle repeats each quarter. Sales leadership has no strategy other than bullying reps to commit deals that shouldn't be. The lack of professionalism (how reps are spoken to) is shocking. Many reps are either fearing they will be fired, actively looking for another job, or thinking about looking. It's a shame that this overshadows all of the good things about the company.

Advice to Management

Fix the sales culture. The company won't hit the growth targets if qualify reps continue to leave.

Agari Response

Oct 12, 2018 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking a moment to share your honest feedback. While we strive to make Agari a great place to work for everyone, it appears we have fallen short in this situation. We'll share this... More

"Great company, great leadership and great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Agari full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with wonderful people. There's no 'Bro" culture here- just genuinely good people fighting the good fight! Our leadership is thoughtful and invested in every single employee.

Cons

I can't think of one!