KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Agency Insurance Company Reviews

Updated Apr 25, 2021

Found 5 of over 5 reviews

3.1
Agency Insurance Company Chief Executive Officer John Stansbury (no image)
John Stansbury

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Experience/Benefits/ Little Promotion

Apr 25, 2021 - Underwriting Assistant in Hanover, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team oriented, Steady work, Great work enviroment

Cons

Once hired growth within the company is rare

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company with some growing pains

Mar 30, 2020 - Claims Adjuster in Hanover, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people there were some of the best coworkers I've ever had. Nearly every one was competent, every one cared about the success of the company, and while we all had our own workloads everyone was willing to lend a hand to cover when someone was out or unavailable.

Cons

When I started there in late 2013 the average monthly new caseload was about 40-50 new claims. By the time I left in mid-2018, the average monthly caseload was in the neighborhood of 120-140 new claims. This was due to wild growth on the sales side of the company, but refusal or inability to add talent on the claims side. It has been about 18 months since I left, the situation may be better now, but it was one of the key reasons for my departure.

Continue reading
  3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Ok place but.....

Jan 17, 2020 - Underwriter in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company overall is not bad. We have company functions where all is included, and every year since I've been here all the employees get Christmas gifts from the owner. Some of the people is great to work with. Unlimited overtime when needed and the department I am in there is no micromanaging which is AWESOME!

Cons

The pay could be better considering that some other companies offer more. I've noticed that there is favoritism among some individuals; persons of leadership to employees. Not all the rules apply to everyone although they say it does. Some leaders are one dimensional. No much room for growth.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Sham of a company

Feb 1, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing was great about working here.

Cons

Terrible practices especially with paying out claims. We are trained to prolong the process until a complaint is filed.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good, honest company

Sep 17, 2014 - Claims Specialist in Linthicum, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

I only worked here a short time because I was presented with an opportunity in my field of choice, but I have nothing but positive things to say about the company and its leadership. I worked in claims and after leaving another insurance company where I had a terrible experience, I was very pleased with my time at Agency. Pay was fair, benefits were good, hours were reasonable.

Cons

There wasn't a great training program in place, but most people who were hired were experienced and were paid more for that experience. Can't really fault a company for taking advantage of their competitors' training and then hiring their disgruntled employees.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews