Agera Energy Reviews in Briarcliff Manor, NY | Glassdoor

Briarcliff Manor, NY

3.9
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Terrific company to work for"

I have been working at Agera Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can only speak from a non manager, full time employee perspective at the corporate campus. If you enjoy problem solving, could work independently or with a team,a dynamic work environment, sponsored events, ability to grow, in depth training, exposure to different facets of the energy world, please apply. If you are lazy and require constant motivation, please do not apply. Expectations are set from day one. There is a cafeteria in building opposite main building to grab breakfast and lunch.
    As an employee, you know what is expected of you on a daily basis. I have a goal to meet and/or exceed my expectations. Some days go smoother than others, but obviously, if you are not meeting those expectations more often than not, you will be spoken with. "How are you doing? How is your workload? Do you feel like you are taking on too much? Do you need any help with anything? Do you have any questions about how to complete your tasks? Do you know what is expected of you?"You cannot simply sit around and do nothing. That will show and you will be dealt with (like every other company).
    Do not just sit with your head down day in and day out and collect a paycheck. While you could do that, in my opinion and speaking from experience, I have been encouraged if I have any ideas or suggestions for improvements bring them up! Contribute and make your voice known. No idea is too small or too big.
    While the system takes some time to learn (what company's system doesn't have a learning curve) when there are issues brought up, from my experience, support addresses them as fast as they could.
    I find it cool that i could interact daily with executive management and they know who i am. They ask me how am i doing, how is my family and we joke around. As long as you are working hard and completing your tasks/assignments in a timely manner you should have nothing to worry about.
    Agera has a huge corporate responsibility initiative as well as a company softball team. Do not let bad reviews stifle you from applying!!

Cons

I cant think of any. You get out what you put in. If you are lazy, consistently late and do not ask questions it is going to show. Everything everyone does in their specific job task affects people in different departments.

Advice to Management

Management is always there to help. There has never been a circumstance where i needed help and no one was there to lend a hand. As long as you maintain a positive attitude, there should not be any problems/issues. Employees pick up on the negative attitude and steer clear.

2. "BDM"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Briarcliff Manor, NY

I have been working at Agera Energy (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay and benefits package were very good for the role.

Cons

management needs better communication skills
    corporate office is very slow and disorganized

3. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Briarcliff Manor, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Briarcliff Manor, NY

I have been working at Agera Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Agera has solid products with good features that help sell what is generally viewed as a commodity. Management is supportive, and flexible scheduling/ working from home is great for those who want life balance. Expectations are high but rewarding. Employee benefits are amazing.

Cons

The nature of the work can be grueling, as for the most part you are expected to create your own leads and find customers on your own. The energy business is competitive. Those not self-motivated need not apply.

Advice to Management

Continue to support the team with communication about changes in markets, sales training, and sharing ideas and experiences. Consider developing a training program with a probation period so that you are sure about the candidates you hire.

"Billing Analyst"

Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Briarcliff Manor, NY
    Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Briarcliff Manor, NY

Pros

Great team to work with. Located on a beautiful corporate campus. Health, dental and retirement benefits. Room to grow if you want it (but you need to prove your worth first!)

Cons

As a newer/start-up company, there are always growing pains involved. Some times you might be asked to step outside your comfort zone and learn something new. I personally see this as a "pro" but could understand why others could see this is as a con.

Advice to Management

Consider a company-wide shuttle from NYC or White Plains to help lighten the burden of commuters. Otherwise, stay the course! It's been a great run for me so far.

"Great Core Values, Endless Opportunities"

Current Employee - Channel Manager in Briarcliff Manor, NY
    Current Employee - Channel Manager in Briarcliff Manor, NY

I have been working at Agera Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall exciting company busting at the seams with opportunity. Senior management makes themselves readily available to listen to new ideas and to offer support. Great pay, benefits, and environment. The office is located in Briarcliff Manor, a beautiful setting and an easy commute for most.

Cons

Honestly, I wish there was a cafeteria (kitchen, but no cafeteria). Also, because some of the sales team works remotely, you don't get to know them as well as everyone in HQ.

Advice to Management

Continue to offer training programs for new employees. Offer more company-wide activities outside of work, they are lots of fun and help to foster the community and build cross departmental employee relationships.