Agile Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Tricia Dempsey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"THE WORSE PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Agile full-time

Pros

The only Pro is the Sales people actually have good relationships with the clients, and do a great job of bossing and bulling the clients into interviews and offers. Often times resulting in fall-offs. Also the Commission plan at the time was good, which does change in mid- month/year at times.

Cons

Horrible culture, High Stress, High turn-over, unrealistic expectations, CEO manages sales, & is on constant Sabatical for weeks/months, recruiting manager dont last long because account managers run them off and the Account managers take over, recruiters are micro-managed by every direction and often loose all self-esteme no matter how good they are/were. Stale jobs with the same clients open for long periods. Some clients are slow to pay resulting in long waits for Comm checks. The 3.5 employees who have managed to stay there over 2 years run the show and as long as you are on their good side you will be fine, get on the "Crap List" everyone knows about with the owner or Account Managers and your out of there. Happens often.

Advice to Management

Get new management. Because what you have likes to meet about changes but dont really execute. And the owner should make their own decissions and not reply on 1-2 other people to make all the decissions for the company just because the owner is rarely there and would rather be out shopping or taking trips.

"Stay Away"

I worked at Agile full-time

Pros

Let me get back to you on that. If you do leave quickly don't worry about having to explain it to another employer - they already know the troubles this company is having.

Cons

Where do I begin? When you are interviewing and touring an empty office and wonder why this place lacks employees after being in business for over 11 years, look at the leadership. Agile is notorious in the Atlanta staffing industry for its harsh work environment and questionable business practices. It has run through its fair share of directors, recruiters and account executives. If you are enticed by some lucrative commission plan the owner throws at you, remember they amend it every 6-12 months and it's not in your favor. The average tenure for recruiters and account execs is typically less than a year. After being with this company for a short period I quickly learned this was not the place for me. There are far better organizations out there to choose from.

Advice to Management

Retire

3. "Software"

Pros

Good culture for working and future

Cons

No Cons here and good got future

"Nice flexibility and compensation!"

Current Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Agile provided me an opportunity to “step up” my game and do things I didn’t know were even possible! I have an opportunity to serve some of the best clients in the Atlanta market. Agile's results focused culture allows me the freedom to manage my own desk and day to day while providing me flexibility in my personal life AND a thriving career!

Cons

While flexibility is certainly offered, it's not necessarily the pulse of the organization's cultural philosophy. Also would be nice to have 401K matching or more long term incentives for employees.

Advice to Management

Define who you really are in and out and own it!

Feb 20, 2015 – CEO

Thanks for your review - we do have great clients who are a pleasure to serve everyday! Options are being explored to incent for long term employees.

"Recruiter"

Pros

Great place to work and well know clients

Cons

Not enough opportunities to stay long.

"Good Company, great relationships, good money"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Compensation plan is one of the best in Atlanta for recruiting and sales. Sliding scale, but top-end at 15% and average around 10-13% for all hires on top of your base salary. Good culture, philanthropy, and people. High pressure at times, but is expected in this industry. Good flexibility, family-centered, and partial work-from-home offered as an incentive for performance. Former bad eggs are gone.

Cons

When I think about cons, i can only remember the positive times. There are always peaks and valleys, but many more peaks. Every job has valleys, but it's more about how you turn it around for yourself and the company. Any negativity i had while at Agile was typically generated/influenced by said bad eggs who are no longer there.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work & leadership.

Dec 10, 2015 – CEO

Thanks for your review. We have worked really hard to protect our culture and create a place of high trust and accountability where people are happy to work.

"Great culture, talented people, superb delivery! Staffing firm for adults."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

The culture is based on trust and accountability. No counting of calls - just results! The comp plan (better than 25% of anywhere in Atlanta) and the flexibility offered are big pluses. Sales team have great relationships with clients, Recruiters really dedicated to finding top talent and Ops team is efficient and always ready to help.

Cons

Some bad apples were allowed to stay too long causing problems for the many good people who are here doing great work.

Advice to Management

Don't settle for hiring people (and keeping them too long) consistent with who we really are!

Thanks for your review.

8. "Learned A LOT...."

Former Employee - Senior Client Relationship Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Client Relationship Manager

Pros

Flexible work environment and fantastic team to work with. Learned the true meaning of business development which has molded my career path into something really great!

Cons

The only con is HQ is in Atlanta and I am a Florida girl :)

Advice to Management

Continue to offer flexible work schedules..... not everyone is an office person these days!!!

Feb 20, 2015 – CEO

It has been great to see you bloom and we were very proud to have you at Agile. Thanks for the positive review.

9. "Fulfilling and dynamic work environment"

Pros

I am very fulfilled with my work at Agile. I am able to work with a close, talented team who make me want to be better every day. I am free to express my ideas, thoughts and concerns in all areas. I can truly say I've found a home here!

Cons

Some days are long, because Agile is small company, you get out what you put in. Need to be a dedicated, hard worker to be successful here (this can or cannot be considered a con)

Feb 20, 2015 – CEO

Thanks for your review - glad you have found your home.

"Highly efficient/effective team of 'A Players', best compensation plan in the industry, results-focused, high-trust!"

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Agile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership in any organization is paramount. Agile is led by a strong, values-based CEO who consistently makes rational and partner-focused decisions which create a true ‘win-win’ with clients.

Excellent base + commissions + bonus opportunities + work from home opportunities. I've been in IT Staffing for 4+ years and this is the best compensation package I've encountered or heard of. Also - you're able to earn work from home days which allows for flexibility and work/life balance.

Results - team is made up of experienced AM's & Recruiters who know their craft and work smarter, not harder, to get the job done. Focus is on getting the result vs. managing to activity levels. No calls counted, just get your work done and make great $$$! People set and hit lofty goals for # of hires. The client base is there to support it and the team makes it happen.

Recruiters and Sales are paid exactly the same and it's a true partnership. Recruiters don't report into AM's.

Drama-free work environment.... No. Drama.

This is a "Staffing Firm for Grown-Ups"

Cons

Office is located in Alpharetta so the daily commute is my only con. But, I'd drive even further to work here. I'm closing deals, making $$, working from home, and all while working in a calm, drama-free environment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Hire A Players and let them do their thing!

Apr 2, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for the positive review. We are 100% committed to hiring A players that reflect our values AND deliver results. We are working on longer term solutions for commute challenges and... More