AgileThought Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome place to work"

I have been working at AgileThought full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can work completely remote or just a few days a week. Good benefits and profit sharing.

Cons

Communication is harder when remote.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Management, leadership and delivery leads lack integrity"

Former Employee - Developer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Developer in Tampa, FL

I worked at AgileThought full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good perks beer fridge... sodas and snacks. You will meet interesting people if you don't end up on staff aug or remote.

Cons

Not enough clients
    Management lies
    The company forgets that it has employees staff aug at other client locations.
    Make a lot of promises they cannot keep.
    Told one thing but then that information is incorrect...
    Company went from loving its employees and treating people like a family (best places to work) to caring more about profit and letting go good people then making them sign disclosures to keep their former employees hush mouth to pretend like the company is still awesome.
    I hate to break it to ya but you are not one of the best places to work for anymore you used to be. And now you make your employees take those stupid surveys to lie to get publicity when in reality the company is not fantastic anymore.

Advice to Management

Stop lying and be straight up with your employees and teams. What's the point in lying? That does not benefit anyone nor does it make you look good.
    Stop pretending to be something you are not.
    Basing your entire revenue off of 2 major clients and then telling people "we are growing" is BS.
    You are not growing, you are actually firing a lot of people and your other employees are leaving since the company has changed so much that you guys now hire a ton of people for one project and as soon as that project Is done you'll let all of those people go as well.

If you lost your two precious money makers half of the company would be let go. Face the facts and stop lying to people.

3. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at AgileThought full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome people and management.

Cons

Work/life balance can get imbalance. Work can get stressful due to tight deadline. That's the challenge you have to manage.

4. "Quality and Employee focused company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AgileThought full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive salaries
    Fast growing
    Well managed
    Practices what they preach
    Latest technologies

Cons

Health benefits could be better, current plans have very high deductibles.

5. "Run For Your Lives"

Former Employee - Lead Software Development Engineer In Test in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Software Development Engineer In Test in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AgileThought (More than a year)

Pros

Engaging environment. Conversation between woworkers is encouraged if not required.

Cons

Poor communication from management to workers. Remote work is expected sometimes and then taken away just as quickly. Unclear expectations with clients, and unclear directions to the devs. They will hire and fire you without a second thought. I've seen 5 people let go in a span of approximately 5 months for almost no reason at all. Forces you to do time sheets in 3 different locations to bill clients, and will refuse to pay you for your last week if they can get around it. Forces you to have multiple machines to manage, and multiple different calendar and communication systems/accounts. Work is generally unrewarding, and what you've accomplished usually won't last the next two to three sprints.

Advice to Management

Stop. Hire someone who knows how to manage a dev team and focus on what you're good at. If there is anything you're good at.

6. "Many great employees, sweet office location, dishonest manager."

Current Employee - Senior DevOps Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior DevOps Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AgileThought full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of really good employees. The office location is great. Happy Hours are great. Most management are excellent. They are “employees” first (most of the time). Company paid lunches.

Cons

Executives like to micromanage. If you go in as contractor to perm, be sure to get your perm salary upfront. After contracting for 6 months, they low balled my salary for less than I was making at my previous company. I wouldn’t have accepted the position if it paid less. They wouldn’t allow me to stay as a contractor either. A lot of over-engineering, and over thinking stuff.

Advice to Management

Get executive management out of micromanaging.

7. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at AgileThought full-time

Pros

AgileThought has been a great place to work. I love the work environment and working with some of the smartest people in the industry. There is also amazing flexibility - work from the office, work from home, work from the client site - all are acceptable if you're getting your work done!

Cons

AgileThought is growing rapidly so growing pains are definitely seen.

Advice to Management

Continue to cast the vision for AgileThought's future. People want to be excited about what's coming but it has to be communicated often.

"Do not only listen to man's words alone."

Former Employee - Junior Quality Assurance Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Junior Quality Assurance Engineer in Tampa, FL

I worked at AgileThought full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Access to new tools (sometime it will NOT be the latest due to client).
    Great Experience to add to your resume.
    Great overall staff to connect with when it comes to career development.
    Nice office, offer free snacks, and most times you can get free lunch.

Cons

Depending on what position you have your career can be plateau depending on how long you have been in the industry.
    Try not to be contracted by any staffing agency.
    Project pipeline seems a bit unstable.
    Hardly any mobile/tablet projects come into the pipeline.
    Key focus industry is auditing/accounting world.
    When projects are not in good standing, certain people will be blamed.
    Agile is still mixed with waterfall. (Truly not being empowered to be Agile)
    Training employees seems to be very limited. This gives concerns about career growth & development.

Advice to Management

Please look into other industries you are only limiting your staff. Hire folks that have true experience when working with newer technologies. Empower employees to have a work/ life balance. Bring in different assortment of projects.

9. "Great place where people care about you as a person"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AgileThought full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits are great, but the collaboration and ability to shape the future of the organization are what keep me here. I love feeling like I can be a part of the future through my voice in what makes this company great and sustainable. The team truly cares about who you are and what makes you, you.

Cons

Every company has it's growing pains, and AgileThought is no different. I feel that a truly great place to work is found in the people that come back after voluntarily leaving...and there are many.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep listening to the team!

"High-Performing Teams and a Learner's Eden"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at AgileThought full-time

Pros

If you truly find pride in surrounding yourself with skilled professionals, AT is the perfect place for you. When a project kicks off it's all hands on deck, and there's very little room for complacency. They're trying to provide value and a service to clients, so sitting on your hands and milking the clock is not a thing. Good work that's completed quickly is noticed, commended and sometimes rewarded.

The teams are high-performing, and there's no doubt about that. By virtue of this, you learn a hell of a lot in a short span of time. Over the years AT has warmed up to the idea of adopting new technology stacks, which helps extend that learning mechanism. If you need to fast-track improvement of your presentation skills, this company will help with that as well.

The people are all incredibly friendly. Benefits are great. Pay is very competitive for Tampa. The office space and its view never gets old.

Cons

The certain reality is that they service enterprise clients. There's no way some of the Pros I wrote about are possible without that reality. The competitive pay, benefits, etc. So going into working there you have to bare in mind that those are the kinds of projects you will be working on. They may be financial applications, manufacturing applications, etc. Although, every once in a while they may have a project for an eCommerce website or something to that effect.

Like any other business, they're going through growing pains. If you can muscle through it with them without getting bent out of shape you'll be fine.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Keep the top talent. They're the true carrot on the end of the recruiting stick.