Agilisys "no training" Reviews | Glassdoor

Agilisys Employee Reviews about "no training"

Updated Jun 27, 2019

3.2
Agilisys Chief Executive Officer Andrew Mindenhall
Andrew Mindenhall
Pros
  • "Supportive environment for implementing new ideas and a good work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

• "We are an Employee Owned Trust which means we have a say in some business decisions(in 10 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "no training"

Return to all Reviews

"Business Change @ Agilisys - I’ve handed in my notice and my last day is Wednesday"

Current Employee - Junior Consultant in Kingston upon Thames, England

I have been working at Agilisys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good facilities at the head office in Hammersmith

Cons

No training despite promises made at the interview No clear delegation of tasks and objectives Chaotic for new starters Beware of expenses either not being paid or approved/paid grudgingly Senior members of staff create a bullying atmosphere for juniors

Advice to Management

Just handed my notice in yesterday after a month of working here. Can I warn local authorities to really vet a consultancy company before issuing contracts - especially to Agilisys. Severely understaffed, where the goal is to win contracts without having the skilled staff to meet growing demand. When they say they have done work with other local authorities do not take their word for it, please get referrals to see the level of work carried out, and if deadlines were met. I have bought this to the attention of the CEO in my resignation letter yesterday. Hopefully they make these changes moving forward.

Agilisys2019-06-27

"Poor training and induction"

Former Employee - IT Service Desk Analyst in Manchester, England

I worked at Agilisys full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best part of the role is the lunch breaks

Cons

No training, no guidance, just thrown in the deep end

Advice to Management

Train your staff don't expect them to know everything about your company and what systems you use without any guidance

Agilisys2019-06-21

"Moderate company"

I worked at Agilisys full-time

Pros

Flexible time Easy to work with clients Ok pay

Cons

Not innovative- can't teach old dogs new tricks. No career progression - no training Working on moderate systems . Clients are mainly council so they level of technology you're exposed to is so so

Advice to Management

Create a pathway for young people to develop within the company. Do team meetings and activities to create the sense of belonging

Agilisys2018-10-17

"Bad place to work for"

I worked at Agilisys full-time

Pros

Exposure to the techsector Learn a lot on how they work and think

Cons

No guidance You have to be a self starter to work here Managers are very rude Not a good place to start out as a graduate Not an efficient work place No training provided

Advice to Management

recognise other people talents

Agilisys2018-04-03
  5. "Lots of exciting things bubbling away in the background!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidstone, England

I have been working at Agilisys part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Really exciting to see lots of things bubbling away in the back ground to improve the company and the way it works. Company is an Employee ownership trust and seems to be very staff focused. Teams work well and pull together to support each other. Opportunities to grow and talent spotting can be seen. Higher management are very approachable. Feel Positive for the future.

Cons

As a TUPE member of staff, I have found processes and procedures stunted, often having to find things out for ourselves (i.e. no training) and learning as we go. Contract and pension is not at all comparable to TUPE contract. Communications do not always flow, although this could be due to the TUPE Contract. Personally I feel frustrated that my role has been left hanging for the past 12 months with no contract or secondment paperwork and not being paid for a role I am doing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, it would be good to see and feel things are more streamlined.

Agilisys2017-02-09
  6. "Try and avoid agilisys."

I have been working at Agilisys full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros to give. Just a horrible place to work.

Cons

Just a horrible company. I would advise anyone who is interested in working for agilisys please avoid at all cost. No training or direction given from the management . An example is my manager visited the site I was work on and only give me 30 seconds of they time. I was assured that they would sit down with me. The in house university is useless. This company is not worth your time or effort. The employee ownership is just a joke.

Advice to Management

Hit the restart.

Agilisys2017-01-25

"Worst job ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Agilisys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good office location; struggle to come up with anything else.

Cons

Terrible pay only on par with Primark, exploiting intern and junior consultants. No respect for employees whatsoever; you're considered a tool not a human being. No training or development opportunity whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the current management and start over.

Agilisys2016-08-07

"Poor career prospects"

I worked at Agilisys

Pros

Hard to say anything positive

Cons

No career progression, no training, poor management!

Advice to Management

Invest in your staff and manage people!

Agilisys2016-08-02

"Don't bother applying"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in London, England

I worked at Agilisys full-time for more than a year

Pros

- sabbaticals - young work force so can be very social

Cons

- juniors have very low pay. starting salary of 13k. After two years experience within consultancy, only get 23k - no training or career development support. do not help juniors learn - very much a boys club - sexual harassment - a lot of office politics. hard to get promoted just through hard work. got to do a lot of sucking up - not very much client work available to work on - intern programme has no structure or training involved. what's the point! - VERY LONG working hours - no/little feedback - don't get a thank you or any appreciation for the hard work and effort you put in to your role

Advice to Management

Think about equality in the work place. How about offering some training to retain the work force you already have? And you wonder why people leave for the likes of Capita, Capgemini and KPMG

Agilisys2015-06-08

"No direction"

Web Developer in London, England

I have been working at Agilisys

Pros

I try to remain positive and look for the pros but there really aren't many. Holiday allowance is ok. There are some decent benefits like cycle to work scheme.

Cons

It's all very disorganised. There doesn't seem to be any plan or direction. If there is, it's not communicated. There is no training available and no interest in keeping staff. There's a lot of paperwork and bureaucracy involved in everything.

Advice to Management

Talk to staff and customers. Stop cutting corners to cut costs. Invest in good staff members you already have rather than replacing everyone with a trainee or apprentice.

Agilisys2015-03-30