Agilysys Reviews in Bellevue, WA | Glassdoor

Agilysys CEO Ramesh Srinivasan
Ramesh Srinivasan
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I've experienced decent work life balance so far (in 8 reviews)

• Great people, good vacation time (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of experience exhibited by upper management (in 19 reviews)

• Work/life balance for most people tends to fall more on the work side (in 5 reviews)

1. "Contract Software Engineer"

Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Agilysys as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

relaxed atmosphere, open-minded people, open to new ideas, agile, short meetings, work/life balance, work from home if necessary, low pressure, future business growth expected, nice and approachable management team

Cons

open area office. I personally think you get more work done when everyone has an office, but the open office does lend itself to a greater sense of teamwork.

"Eeehhh"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Agilysys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- I've experienced decent work life balance so far. However, due to attrition on-call rates are increasing and it is harder to do feature work instead of putting out fires.
    - I like my coworkers.

Cons

- Poorly managed trade-off between existing experienced contractors and new devs in India who have been clueless. I have not enjoyed holding their hand, having to stay up late or wake up early to communicate with them, or not being able to understand what they are saying.
    - The hiring manager in India admits he has no standards
    - Big attrition by senior engineers due to attempts to force employees to sign NDAs. Senior management is clueless. It's almost hilarious.
    - Attrition in US is not being replaced adequately.
    - Software architectures are questionable. Many decisions made by people who no longer work here plague us.
    - Code quality is questionable. It seems few other engineers have a taste for refactoring code to be simple and readable.
    - Sometimes absurd sense of cost cutting. Making engineers more productive is more valuable than cutting infrastructure costs.
    - Some products have contractual obligations to customers. The development of these features is far behind. Either the contract was poorly negotiated, or the development team was poorly managed or poorly populated.
    - Few people seem to have a good sense of ownership of the code and products.

Advice to Management

- Stop trying to bastardize a cloud SAAS service with on-premise solutions. Or if no customer wants a cloud solution, stop building one...
    - All attrition is not the same. Learn who your good engineers are and keep them.

"Once"

I have been working at Agilysys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance. Most people are easy to get along with and have great personality.

Cons

Mandatory on call for all FTE developers, FE and BE.

"Happy to be here!"

Current Contractor - Senior User Experience Designer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Contractor - Senior User Experience Designer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Agilysys as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are great! I have been here for two months and have enjoyed the project I am on. The team is very knowledgable about hotel and a great resource. There is a sense of urgency to get things done without the pressure which is nice. They got me set up and working day 1 without the hassle of requesting an extra monitor for example, and it taking forever to be approved. It showed up an hour later. Also, free parking, large desks, comfortable chairs, plenty of conference rooms.

Cons

Commitment to UX is growing which is positive but I had heard that in the past it had not been supported by some of the management. Pay is a little lower but the environment without the stress makes it worth it to me.

Advice to Management

Need more focus on design, content continuity and mobile focus. Keep up the good work on communicating what is going on in the company, that is very valuable.

"Its the products stupid. . ."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Agilysys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work, life balance, some good loyal employees trying to make it happen. Good product vision.

Cons

Product Management upper management. Agilysys has long time loyal customers which makes them lazy when in come to delivering solid new products. Most of their customers are entrenched in the legacy software solutions. This causes new product development, updates and innovations to be mismanaged and often poorly executed. Instead of holding product management accountable, they are rewarded if they praise upper management, sweep problems under the rug, but hit deadlines regardless of the state of the software. There is no link to performance and rewards except in sales.

Advice to Management

Hold Program managers accountable. Commit to new product development or don't bother. Ship solid software when it is ready. Work with sales and marketing to really understand the products, customer needs and what value they provide to the customer.

"Leadership is a joke"

Former Employee - Contractor in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Contractor in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Everybody below Director of Product Engineering level are great to work with.

Cons

Director of Product Engineering and above have no morals, ethics, leadership quality, responsibility, accountability, ownership, strategies, mission, values, patience, honesty, humor, positive attitude, confidence, inspiration, creativity. All round, basically they are inept.

Advice to Management

Reflect within yourself and you shall see the problem.

"Never work for Agilysys"

Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Agilysys as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

1) Few employees are very co-operative.
    2) Located at a good place

Cons

1) Bad layoff policy. They will terminate you from the company and will ask you not to come tomorrow. Its a minimum ethic to give your employee at least 5 days notice. Contractors should stay away from this company.
    2) Very little desk space.
    3) Lot of micro-management.
    4) Manager dont do lot of interactions.

Advice to Management

Rather doing immediate hiring and layoff, first do analysis whats your requirement. Based on that get the resume and hire the candidates.

"An established and stable company builiding software for the hospitality industry"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Agilysys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is using new and exciting technology for it's product line. They've invested in all products and people and I see some great capabilities coming soon. The leadership is technology focused and have a strong drive to deliver new products and features to the market. I have access to training resources and projects to apply learnings. The culture in engineering is collaborative and I'm learning from my peers and contributing daily.

Cons

There is a strong drive to deliver products - this comes at a cost of workload at times but it's similar to other companies I've worked for in the software industry. Benefits could be better. Corporate is old school and moves slow. The nerf wars can be chaotic.

Advice to Management

Need to provide better benefits.

"Engineering SaaS offering to bringing the hospitality industry into the 21st century"

Current Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Agilysys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work in the Bellevue office where most of the core engineering is located. The team has a start-up environment feel - everything moves very fast. Smart / dedicated engineering team. Teams and individual are empowered to do the right thing, and held accountable for the quality of their work / contribution. Leadership is doing a good job of balancing / prioritizing investment in in-market product v. the vNext Saas offerings.

Cons

As with any start-up, the culture and processes is work-in-progress - needs to mature (in the right ways). We are "agile" - which translates to "we're not always sure what we are doing... but let's hurry up". The office is a bit out of the way (in Eastgate), bit drabby and getting crowded. There are way too many contractors v. FTE which impacts the office culture (and long term success).

Advice to Management

Be more engaged with the people and culture - don't be so distant.

"Incredibly incompetent leadership"

I have been working at Agilysys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting technology stack, If your interested in the hospitality business, the work in Bellevue spans the breadth of the companies Product offerings.

Cons

Zero work life balance.
    Leadership in Bellevue are all about covering their own incompetence and will throw anyone under the bus to maintain the illusion.
    Lots of turnover
    Terrible benefits.

Advice to Management

Fire the leadership team in Bellevue. Stop treating the staff like you own them. Own your mistakes. The folks in Georgia should pay better attention given the amount of money is being spent.