Cover image for Agios Pharmaceuticals

Agios Pharmaceuticals CEO Jackie Fouse
Jackie Fouse

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Agios Pharmaceuticals and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Doesn't get much better than Agios

Jul 27, 2022 - Associate Director in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Meaningful work for patients in a collegial and collaborative environment. The culture of respect and flexibility are unrivaled, and it's just generally a great and fun place to work.

Cons

Several large-scale changes over the past 18 months +, but all informed by strategy and continuing to do great work for patients. I value change, but others may find this more challenging.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0

Good People Good Company

Sep 22, 2022 - Associate Scientist in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-fast-paced -great team work -great learning opportunities

Cons

- restructuring and downsizing - cut down in research

1 person found this review helpful
  3. Join the Agios Pharmaceuticals team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Sr CTA

Jun 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and worklife balance

Cons

none it is a great company to work for

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Culture not the same anymore, hard pass

Jul 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility in schedule and location, engaging work/science

Cons

Politics over people, Leadership team riddled with blind spots, 'no jerks' days are gone

3 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Specialist

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. We’re happy to hear that our flexible environment is appreciated – and helps contribute to our goal of creating groundbreaking therapies for patients who need them. Our culture is part of what makes Agios truly special, so we’re sorry to hear some things fell short for you. There is always room for improvement, and we welcome any additional feedback you might have. If you are willing to share more about your experience, please reach out directly.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to work

Jul 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility in work location (remote and hybrid options available) and schedule, good pay, patient focus, unbeatable culture

Cons

Many changes over the last year have impacted employee morale.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0

Not Worth It. Dodge this bullet

Sep 11, 2021 - Leadership in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great salary. Great incentives - RSUs for performance and retention. Unlimited vacation.

Cons

Executive leadership is fake. Too many ex-Biogen employees in executive leadership. Favoritism. Lack of leadership support.

12 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

We are always open to any and all feedback and opportunities to learn from employees. I’m sorry to hear that while you enjoy some aspects of our team, you are not getting the full experience you want. Please reach out to me directly so I can better understand your perspective and try to help in whatever way I can.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fair Evaluation

May 16, 2022 - Senior Director, Commercial Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, clear vision, good direction

Cons

no process, lack of integrity, inexperience mid-management

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture great company

Nov 22, 2021 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, great culture; great flexibility; great people. Really get a sense of true teamwork and accountability and a family atmosphere focused on the patient

Cons

Pace is hectic and it is very lean. You have to be able to thrive in a super hectic environment while wearing multiple hats. But everyone is so into teamwork that it makes it manageable and not not overwhelming

2 people found this review helpful

Head of Internal Communications

We appreciate your feedback. We thrive on the connections we make with each other, with our patients, and with our communities. We’re so happy to hear this spirit comes through in your experiences as part of the team. We have a lot of exciting work ahead – thanks for being part of it!

10. 5.0

Great Culture

Dec 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cares about patients and employees. Flexible work environment A+++. It meant I could relocate to my families dream state. Great company!!

Cons

Alot of challenging work right now and horizon. I'm not saying a challenge is also a con.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Head of Internal Communications

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re so happy that our flexible environment allowed you to pursue your personal and professional dreams (all while making a difference for patients!). We’re happy to have you as part of the team.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Well Past Glory Days

Jan 7, 2022 - Senior Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company had a great group of scientists that made things happen and brought drugs to patients at an unbelieving pace.

Cons

The company no longer has the old work culture anymore. Felt strange towards the end of my time there

6 people found this review helpful

Head of Internal Communications

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. As someone who was part of our team for 10+ years, you played an important role in our story! We’re so proud of all of our work – and our people – past and present. Our ability to adapt and be flexible has helped fuel our culture, especially during the uncertainties of a pandemic.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 75 Reviews
</>Embed

Agios Pharmaceuticals Reviews FAQs

Agios Pharmaceuticals has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 94 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Agios Pharmaceuticals to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Agios Pharmaceuticals employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Agios Pharmaceuticals. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

79% of Agios Pharmaceuticals employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Agios Pharmaceuticals 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Agios Pharmaceuticals to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Agios Pharmaceuticals Job Seekers