KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 58 of over 73 reviews

4.1
Agios Pharmaceuticals CEO Jackie Fouse
Jackie Fouse
Pros
  • "work life balance(in 4 reviews)

• "strong pipeline, collaborative colleagues, fast-paced company(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some growing pains as to be expected with any small/mid-size biotech, but leadership manages these changes and growing pains well(in 5 reviews)

• "fast paced environment(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Patients First

Jul 11, 2021 - Associate Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very collaborative environment that focuses on patients first and following the science

Cons

Currently hiring after company reorganization

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work at

Jun 25, 2021 - Associate Scientist in Riverstone
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and collaborate, values fun and hard working

Cons

Can't think of any down side, except maybe loses a lot of people due to the size

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Different from the past

Jun 6, 2021 - Senior Scientist in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and compensation are great (for non-contractors) compared to company of similar size

Cons

AGIOS today is very different from past with new CEO and CSO only care about money. They have lost many great talent recently due to oncology divestment with an insane turn over even for Cambridge. You will have very high workload with staff run very lean and top heavy.

3 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I’m sorry to hear your most recent experiences haven’t been what you’d hoped. We’re always looking to create the greatest overall impact for our patients, and for our people. We believe that selling our oncology therapies and pipeline to Servier was the best way to help the greatest number of people – whether it’s oncology patients, genetically defined diseases patients, or each of our employees. While our scientific area of focus has shifted, our core culture and values that have made us Agios remain. Even though it’s never easy to see valued colleagues leave, our attrition rates are below industry average. Like you, I am always a bit sad when any of our wonderful employees move on. But, I wish them well and am proud of the opportunities ahead of them! I encourage you to reach out to me directly so we can talk about how to improve your experience. Thanks for continuing to be part of our team.

4. 5.0

Company that cares!

Apr 20, 2021 - Associate Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love Agios for its great people and the drive to help patients in need. Many companies say it, you can feel it here. It's great people working on great science to help people.

Cons

Agios could use more diversity but I know they are working hard to correct it.

Head of Internal Communications

We really appreciate your feedback. It’s amazing to hear that you can “feel” our drive and energy – something of which you’re a HUGE part!! You’re correct that diversity, equity and inclusion is a big area of focus for us right now. With the help of our Diversity Council and employees like you, we’re working on it in many different ways. Stay tuned for more in the future.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Incredible Company

Apr 5, 2021 - Business Analyst in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Highly Modernized Culture, Transparent Management, Culture of listening to employee feedback that truly trickles all the way down from the leadership team

Cons

None, very thankful for my time there.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Head of Internal Communications

Thank you so much for the great feedback. It’s fantastic to hear that you feel heard and that you’re having a positive experience with our culture. We’re so happy you’re part of the team!

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Management!

Mar 23, 2021 - Senior Manager, Quality Assurance in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

My manager fostered an environment of leaning, development and open door communication.

Cons

They tend to run lean however that is not uncommon in any pharmaceutical QA team.

Head of Internal Communications

We truly appreciate your feedback. We’re committed to a culture of development – and of transparency / open communication. It’s excellent to see that you’re experiencing both. We know there’s a lot of demand on the QA team (and all of us…especially this past year). Please make sure you’re getting the support you need by reaching out to your manager or HR at any time!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful Patient Focused Organization

Dec 23, 2020 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Agios is an incredibly thoughtful, patient-focused organization. There is a strong focus on both patients and employees, and on employee growth, learning, and development. Also, excellent compensation and benefits including a discretionary time off policy where you are actually encouraged to take the time off whenever you need it! And, there are two company shutdowns for over a week - summer and winter.

Cons

Some growing pains as to be expected with any small/mid-size biotech, but leadership manages these changes and growing pains well. There is a strong emphasis on transparency.

Head of Internal Communications

It’s wonderful to read your experiences as part of our team! We’re so happy to have you and look forward to continuing our important work together.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee

Selfish management

May 19, 2021 - Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

bringing kids to work day

Cons

Managers are selfish and non-smart. My manager asked me to work without thinking promotion while he seeked his own promotion all the time. It sucks!!!

4 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m sorry that your time at Agios wasn’t what you’d hoped – and I’m sorry to hear about your experience with your manager. If you’re open to it, I’d be happy to talk more so I can determine how to address it. Please feel free to reach out to me directly.

9. 2.0

Inexperienced Management

Apr 16, 2021 - Associate Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company offer good benefits.

Cons

Management judge people based on personal preference and ignoring actual contributions. Many good people leaving.

2 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are committed to our “follow the science” approach; it’s something that’s always been our mantra and always will be. Our updated strategic direction ensures that both the oncology and genetically defined diseases portfolio have the focus and funding required to develop their enormous potential – and to help as many patients as we possibly can. Our people are central to what we do, and we strive to make Agios a place where you can grow and excel. It seems as though your experiences don’t align with that. I’d be happy to discuss this with you more and see how I can help if you’re open to reaching out to me directly.

10. 5.0

Great company

Jan 28, 2021 - Senior Manager in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great, small company atmosphere with some larger companies systems and processes in place. Great benefits, very flexible.

Cons

Discretionary leave however hard to take time off

2 people found this review helpful

Head of Internal Communications

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We encourage all of our people to leverage flexibility and our discretionary time-off approach in whatever way works best for them – which, in the middle of a global pandemic is something that’s more important than ever before. At the same time, it may also present more challenges than ever before! Please feel free to reach out directly if you’d like to talk through some approaches that will help you take the time you need.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 Reviews