- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Massachusetts
- - Boston, MA Area
- - Cambridge, MA
- - Somerville, MA
- - Boston, MA
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
Found 75 of over 94 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Great culture and values" (in 10 reviews)
- "It's great people working on great science to help people." (in 10 reviews)
- "Leadership is accessible, the company is as transparent as they can be and more so than most other companies" (in 5 reviews)
- "Everyone seemed very happy to be there." (in 4 reviews)
- "The colleagues in the company are great to work with." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Agios Pharmaceuticals and is not affected by filters.
- Sexual Orientation
- Veteran Status
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jul 27, 2022 - Associate Director in Cambridge, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Meaningful work for patients in a collegial and collaborative environment. The culture of respect and flexibility are unrivaled, and it's just generally a great and fun place to work.
Several large-scale changes over the past 18 months +, but all informed by strategy and continuing to do great work for patients. I value change, but others may find this more challenging.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Sep 22, 2022 - Associate Scientist in Cambridge, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-fast-paced -great team work -great learning opportunities
- restructuring and downsizing - cut down in research
- Current Employee★★★★★Jun 17, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great benefits and worklife balance
none it is a great company to work for
- Current Employee★★★★★Jul 18, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexibility in schedule and location, engaging work/science
Politics over people, Leadership team riddled with blind spots, 'no jerks' days are gone
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. We’re happy to hear that our flexible environment is appreciated – and helps contribute to our goal of creating groundbreaking therapies for patients who need them. Our culture is part of what makes Agios truly special, so we’re sorry to hear some things fell short for you. There is always room for improvement, and we welcome any additional feedback you might have. If you are willing to share more about your experience, please reach out directly.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul 15, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexibility in work location (remote and hybrid options available) and schedule, good pay, patient focus, unbeatable culture
Many changes over the last year have impacted employee morale.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Sep 11, 2021 - Leadership in Cambridge, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great salary. Great incentives - RSUs for performance and retention. Unlimited vacation.
Executive leadership is fake. Too many ex-Biogen employees in executive leadership. Favoritism. Lack of leadership support.Continue reading
We are always open to any and all feedback and opportunities to learn from employees. I’m sorry to hear that while you enjoy some aspects of our team, you are not getting the full experience you want. Please reach out to me directly so I can better understand your perspective and try to help in whatever way I can.
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★May 16, 2022 - Senior Director, Commercial OperationsRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good benefits, clear vision, good direction
no process, lack of integrity, inexperience mid-management
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 22, 2021 - DirectorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great benefits, great culture; great flexibility; great people. Really get a sense of true teamwork and accountability and a family atmosphere focused on the patient
Pace is hectic and it is very lean. You have to be able to thrive in a super hectic environment while wearing multiple hats. But everyone is so into teamwork that it makes it manageable and not not overwhelming
We appreciate your feedback. We thrive on the connections we make with each other, with our patients, and with our communities. We’re so happy to hear this spirit comes through in your experiences as part of the team. We have a lot of exciting work ahead – thanks for being part of it!
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Dec 4, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Cares about patients and employees. Flexible work environment A+++. It meant I could relocate to my families dream state. Great company!!
Alot of challenging work right now and horizon. I'm not saying a challenge is also a con.
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re so happy that our flexible environment allowed you to pursue your personal and professional dreams (all while making a difference for patients!). We’re happy to have you as part of the team.
- Former Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Jan 7, 2022 - Senior DirectorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The company had a great group of scientists that made things happen and brought drugs to patients at an unbelieving pace.
The company no longer has the old work culture anymore. Felt strange towards the end of my time thereContinue reading
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. As someone who was part of our team for 10+ years, you played an important role in our story! We’re so proud of all of our work – and our people – past and present. Our ability to adapt and be flexible has helped fuel our culture, especially during the uncertainties of a pandemic.
Agios Pharmaceuticals Reviews FAQs
Agios Pharmaceuticals has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 94 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Agios Pharmaceuticals to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
79% of Agios Pharmaceuticals employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Agios Pharmaceuticals 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.