Aha! Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2021

4.7
Aha! Co-Founder and CEO Brian de Haaff
Brian de Haaff
Pros
  • "within the product management community(in 14 reviews)

• "The output of the Engineering team is unbelievable(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I've heard from some co-workers that they struggle with remote work(in 15 reviews)

• "You need to be self motivated, organized and know how to enforce boundaries to separate personal and professional life(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Empathetic and ambitious

Nov 5, 2020 - Customer Success
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been really happy with how Aha! handled the COVID crisis. First, we have always worked from home so that transition that many other people had to do was not necessary. We also have a robust culture meant for a remote environment – no one ever feels left out or that they don't have information or training they need. All new employees go through a 5-week training program and are given everything they need to succeed. The company sets ambitious goals and hires dedicated, caring people. I continue to be impressed by everyone I work with and work hard to ensure I never let anyone down. In the midst of that, leadership has managed to be empathetic with those who are doing home school with their children or are struggling and continues to encourage that we talk with our manager if we need anything.

Cons

During the pandemic we haven't been able to get together in person for our "onsites" which is challenging, but we are getting through it with new remote team building opportunities.

4 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee

2021-2021

Apr 8, 2021 - cool person
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome cool pay job fun

Cons

Terrible management not fun horrible

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A unique and invigorating place to work

Dec 8, 2020 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A highly talented workforce that genuinely cares about one another - An altruistic leadership team that is truly motivated by value creation - The company's commitment to giving back is unequivocal - The work is interesting and engaging

Cons

- Documenting every decision, process and assumption can take some getting used to, but the value of doing so is clear

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Stellar company, A+ engineering team

May 15, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been here for over four years now, and I can tell you that the company is serious about the culture and values it publicizes on its website. The high-level goals and direction are clear, leadership is transparent, and everyone is consistently kind and responsive. The engineering team is hands-down the best one I've ever been a part of -- intelligent people with a wide variety of backgrounds and experience who are nevertheless humble and kind. I've never felt afraid to ask a question or speak my mind. The benefits are great -- some quite unusual for a small company, such as a significant annual profit-sharing bonus and a 401K with company contributions.

Cons

I've seen some negative reviews lately -- I can't speak for their experience but I can tell you that it frankly has not been mine. The company definitely values hard work, and I've pulled the occasional late night or weekend in preparation for a big feature launch, but those are by far the exception and I've never been asked to work more than 40 hours a week. The CEO is certainly opinionated about how to build a successful company, but I have never felt that I cannot talk to him about any concerns I might have, and I think the company's success says a lot about his leadership style. Remote work does have some legitimate cons, especially depending on your personality and working style. I've found that I have to go out of my way to find social interaction or else it's easy for me not to leave my house for a few days at a time. I'm pretty introverted so that doesn't bother me too much, but it's not a lifestyle for everyone.

17 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

As Good As Advertised

Mar 5, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy the fast pace at Aha! Everyone at the company is driven and works as a team to help the business not just succeed, but thrive. Transparency is excellent. Everyone knows what is going on every single week. The whole company is geared towards remote work. The onboarding, the onsite meetings, the little things that help us remote workers connect and truly feel like a team - it’s all there. I am also impressed with the continuous efforts to evolve and improve the business, all driven by a strategy-first mindset.

Cons

My customer-facing position is somewhat different than the product management I had done in the past. The switch from a longer-term strategic focus to daily meetings with different customers and focus on specific customer questions was an adjustment. I have found that, once you get up to speed, there are plenty of opportunities for other types of involvement and ownership within the team, which helps fill some of that need in me.

35 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Smart team doing challenging work — culture unlike anything you have ever experience!d

Jul 29, 2019 - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Aha! is the real deal. You are surrounded by incredibly smart people who want nothing more than to build impactful software and help other teams do the same. We are motivated by guiding each other through continuous learning, pushing each other's ideas, and helping each other become the best marketer, PM, writer, engineer, support, or ops person that you can become. Day one begins your 5+ week onboarding program (some roles go through much more). Not only will you go deep on learning the Aha! application, but you will also learn about how we work, the interruptions we welcome, and how we deliver real features on a weekly (yes, weekly!) basis. You will also be paired with a coach the entire way. You will quickly experience the incredible work of a true cross-functional team and how everyone contributes to making the product better. On several occasions, I have witnessed a conversation happen on chat and within 30 minutes that "idea / improvement" is deployed to production. We move fast and we do things that make sense for our users (including us — since we literally run the entire business in Aha!). No matter what role you are in, you have ownership to make real impact. Wether it is an internal process improvement, a new marketing approach, or a feature for the product, everyone contributes toward the shard goals. And yes, you actually understand what the goals are. The access to company metrics is incredible and we review how we are doing on a weekly basis. Numbers, stats, etc. are not hidden — you have access to see how we are doing just like everyone else.

Cons

If you prefer running solo off on your own and following little-to-no process, you will not enjoy working at Aha! We have lots of process and work hard to continually improve them. You own your work, but everything is collaborative, reviewed by peers (multiple times) and there is little room for rockstars working in the dark coming back with a final solution. If you do not like extreme transparency (all your work, to-dos, etc. is visible in Aha! by the entire team) then you will not enjoy working on this team.

37 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Rapidly-growing company, hardworking people

Feb 6, 2019 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone at Aha! is smart and incredibly hardworking. Your teammates always push you to do your best work, and everyone embraces The Responsive Method. The people I work with are the best around. Even though we are fully-remote, we still build meaningful connections across the team — the company takes some great approaches that make this possible, whether it’s informal, virtual coffee chats with team members or our bi-annual company onsite. Our co-founders are passionate about the business. And they truly embrace a “people-first” approach. I love their philosophy of value over valuation — it makes me feel like I am working toward a larger purpose every day. Our leaders are extremely transparent and keep the entire team up-to-date on company performance. They embody our core values and set the example of how to live by them each and every day.

Cons

While remote work comes with a seemingly endless list of upsides, one downside is that it can be difficult to know when to unplug. It is important that you keep yourself accountable for the regular breaks and exercise that you need. Once you master this, remote work truly is a life-changing thing!

26 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company I've ever worked for

Jun 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

-It's clear to see where you're making an impact. The goals of the company and each team are clear and we share progress and challenges on a regular basis with the entire organization. -The people are seriously the nicest I've ever met. My immediate team is wonderful, but I've also built close relationships with people on teams that I normally wouldn't in another company. There is a real sense of inclusion and friendliness. -Benefits and salary are really good. Profit-sharing is always nice at the end of the year and we've had benefits added around increased PTO, volunteer days, and parental and bereavement leave based on feedback employees have given. -Remote work is awesome. We do a really good job of staying connected but you still have plenty of flexibility when you need it.

Cons

-I've heard from some co-workers that they struggle with remote work. I don't have this problem, but I can see how for some people you might miss a typical office environment. I think the pros definitely outweigh the cons, though. -There are some grumblings every once in a while and it seems like some people aren't sure how to vent their frustrations. It feels like negativity sometimes comes in waves from an anonymous person or two, but for the most part the mood is really positive around the company.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good co

Sep 23, 2020 - CSE Account Manager in Ind Hillside, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay, amazing team and management, flexible working hours.

Cons

Nothing worth mentioning about any cons.

1 person found this review helpful

Aha! Response

Co-founder and CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. However, I am concerned that you posted it for the wrong company. We do not have any team members in Hillside, NJ and we do not have any CSE Account Manager roles. Please consider posting the review for the proper organization so they benefit from your feedback.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great people, driven leadership, learning organization

Jul 29, 2019 - Product Marketing in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Aha! for three years. I consider those to be the time when I grew most in my professional career. You will be pushed hard to do things you aren't sure you can do, but that is what makes you better — and you will always be treated with kindness. Aha! is the most talented group of professionals I have ever worked with. From the CS team who answers support tickets, to the marketers writing blog posts, to the engineers behind the code -- everyone is world-class. It can be intimidating at first, but over time all those talented folks just become your coworkers. And a great group of coworkers at that. Company profit share is generous and onsites are a great opportunity to travel to beautiful places and connect with the team in person. If you have ever wondered how to build and sustain a remote company, there is no better blueprint than what Aha! has created. The product is great. It provides real value and it is something you can be proud to work on.

Cons

Don't think you are joining a remote company so you can do the job for 5 hrs a day from a coffee shop. You get to work from wherever you are most comfortable but you will be expected to perform and the bar to keep up with the talented folks here is high. Working from home can also make it hard to turn off, it is important to set boundaries that work for you. Working with people all around the country (and a few around the world) was really awesome, but I did find myself missing the human interaction of an office on a day to day basis.

23 people found this review helpful

Aha! Response

Founder and CEO

You are very kind. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am proud of the team and company and really appreciate learning that you grew more professionally at Aha! than at any previous job. I wish you the best on your new adventure.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 92 Reviews