AimLoan.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Vince Kasperick

Pros
  • Management actively practices core values of integrity, teamwork, communication, service and continuous improvement (in 8 reviews)

• He and the rest of the management team genuinely get to know the employees and seek feedback to improve the work environment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • At one point, everyone had to work a ton of overtime because the work load was too much (in 4 reviews)

• You have to be able to adapt to times of high volume and be a go with the flow type person (in 3 reviews)

"AIM Is A Well Oiled Machine"

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Happy employees, happy managers, happy owners and happy customers. I can't complain and I am 100% grateful for the opportunity to work with such a great team and am so excited that they believed I was worth the investment of training. I'm a processor, have been a processor in the past, but still the amount of training is still impressive and I know that training isn't free. They also hire a lot of people that have never been in the industry, which I don't remember being done in the past outside of LOs. I just think it's a pretty noble thing to do and believe it's proof they are investing in their community where it counts. Thank you to Jill & Vince!... Moving forward, I do believe in this company and it's policies. As I mentioned, I was in the same industry for about 4 years and saw some unspeakable business practices. There was a LOT more financial benefit pre 2007, but was it worth the turmoil? Absolutely not. I became scared of the mortgage industry and distanced myself for a decade, but I took a chance and joined AIM again, because I simply loved the job. I am happy and honored to confirm that this company is in the business of helping people. Yes, we get a small commission if we excel, but it's small enough to completely relieve any concerns by our customers. Our department is not in the business of pushing people into making decisions they don't want, or making people uncomfortable. I think that is my favorite thing about this company so far.

The overall office atmosphere is upbeat, positive and management does their best to bring us together as a team even though there's hundreds of us. Company wide potlucks, birthday celebrations, food trucks and activities are available to try and create that team/family atmosphere.

Cons

Some may find the overtime off putting, but for workaholics, we love it.

Advice to Management

It would have been nice to have another method of retaining the training material other than reading 900 pages of material. Perhaps an audio visual program? Just a thought. Thank you!

Apr 12, 2017 – President

Thank you for sharing your experience thus far. We believe in our core values and hiring individuals with these values. We're working on a share point program which should help with the ... More

2. "Production"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer Trainee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer Trainee in San Diego, CA

I worked at AimLoan.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great intro to the mortgage industry, room for growth, and community involvement. Insurance is very reasonable for an individual...$50 per month. The company paid for the costs associated with my license and even gave me sales training. When I left to my new employer they gave me two weeks of severance pay. When I reflect on the company 70% of my sentiment is positive, which isn't bad.

Cons

Insurance is pricey for families...$1100 per month, last I checked. There was a lack of organization in the approach that was taken to training. When I agreed to come work for the company I was supposed to advance to the next position in three months time. On my first day I was told it might take longer, due to staffing requirements. This was fine...for the first five months. It got to the point that I felt bored and wanted more responsibility. Anyway, I never did advance but I did get enough experience that another company hired me within a week of my application. Back to the subject of training. They have a "hands on" approach to learning, which means you will be trained by a peer who is pretty much your equal. This is nice, but invites disorganization and haphazard preparation to the training process. Just be sure to meet with your manager beforehand and ask what they expect of you and what tools you need to succeed. Otherwise you might be missing a piece of the proverbial puzzle. I wasn't aware of a training manual until two months into my training which is very problematic because we are supposed to work 80% out of the manual. I understand this was a mistake but it's not the best way to get started training. Especially when dealing with the opinion of several Loan Officers whose files you are working on, it is nice to have a standard to work from. There were times that I assisted twelve Loan Officers during periods of being short staffed. This is fine but I felt as though my mindset was on producing as much as I could, as quickly as possible. Not learning the detailed aspects of my job. This is a bad precedent.

Advice to Management

You have a wonderful business model, you're basically the Costco of mortgage loans. What I mean is you produce high volumes and do it with minimal overhead, thus passing the benefits along to the customer. I respect that. When your top producing Loan Officer, and most dedicated employee complains about the lack of pay and hard work hours you should consider that.

Feb 23, 2017 – President

Thank you for your feedback on your experience while you were employed. We wish you all the best.

3. "Loan Processor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time

Pros

I appreciate that the company considers what career you are working towards, if you are placed in a particular department that you feel is not suitable for you they are open to transferring you to a different one that you feel more comfortable in. They also have great health, dental, and 401K benefits; having it offered to us makes me feel appreciative.

Cons

I do not have any complaints in working here.

Oct 12, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking the time to post to Glassdoor.

"A Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in El Cajon, CA
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in El Cajon, CA

I have been working at AimLoan.com (More than a year)

Pros

It's very nice to have direct contact with management (President and VP's). They care deeply about their employees and are always open to new ideas and innovative ways to improve. Volumes can get very high and at times, the workload can get overwhelming. Nevertheless, they are always willing to help you any way they can to get you back on your feet. If you ever feel out of place, they will work with you to see where your strengths work best. They give back to the community, which I admire and respect, and they are genuinely great people. I love working for Aim.

Cons

Processing can be a bit unpredictable at times, so you may be pulling quite the amount of overtime most days. However, management is always around should you need any help.

Oct 12, 2016 – President

The mortgage industry definitely has its busy times and most recently it's been consistently busy. During these high volume periods, the expectation is overtime throughout the company including the ... More

"Great opportunity at a great company"

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AimLoan is a fantastic company to get your start in the mortgage industry. They take the time to train you and also take into consideration what you do best in order to guide you on the right career path. Vince and Jill really care about each employee having a great experience and to create the right environment for career advancement. Additionally, all of the department managers are very helpful and friendly as well. Aimloan is a great place to work if you enjoy a challenging yet rewarding job and helping customers with the mortgage/refinance process. Every associate at AIM is supportive, kind and generous with their time.

Cons

There have been no cons to think of at this time. The experience has been great and I am looking forward to growing within the company.

Advice to Management

The training has been great and continue to provide new employees the time to learn from floor managers and other veteran employees. It is excellent that Vince and Jill take the time to participate and run the orientations and training as well. It really shows that management cares about the employees here at Aim.

Aug 24, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking the time to post to glassdoor. We look forward to your continued success at AimLoan

7. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Vendor Services in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Vendor Services in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Aim Loan takes care of their employees from great pay to being able to grow and learn within the company and turn a job into a career.

Cons

As of the present moment, there hasn't been any downfalls for me about this company. Its a great place to work to learn about the mortgage lending world.

Aug 8, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking the time to post to Glassdoor. We look forward to your continued success at AimLoan.

8. "Made the right move"

Current Employee - Post Closer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Post Closer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time

Pros

Awesome environment, understanding management, open to change and opinions, progressively learning.

Cons

If you have no background in banking or mortgages, you sometimes don't understand terminology. Which its not AIMs fault

Advice to Management

Thank you, for moving me. It showed you do care about your employees!

9. "Love Working for Aim Loan!"

Current Employee - Closing Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Closing Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly people to work with, learn so much about the mortgage industry! Always busy and always learning something new everyday. Management is always there to help you when you need it. It's a great environment to work at, always looking forward to come into work. Glad to be part of the AimLoan Team!

Cons

There aren't any really downsides at aimloan, everyday is challenging but you learn how to proceed to do your job. The fact that the day goes by fast is awesome. Sometimes I feel like I need more time!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, the environment is awesome and I love the fact that I can go up to any management and feel comfortable talking about a situation.

Jul 15, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking the time to post to Glassdoor. We look forward to you continued success at AimLoan

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Closing in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Closing in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pros of working for this company to me is there are so many different areas available to work in. They try and make sure that they place their employees in an environment that they will not only be comfortable in but will also succeed in.

Cons

The only con for me is the training, but they are actually making great strides to improve and add a lot more training for every department.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and taking our opinions into consideration. In my short time here I've seen a lot of great improvements because managements is actually working with their employees which is a great thing.

Jul 11, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience thus far. We’re in the process of developing/updating manuals and instituting formal training classes for all positions. We appreciate your ... More

11. "Love working here!"

Current Employee - Document Retrieval in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Document Retrieval in San Diego, CA

Pros

I didn't know anything about the mortgage business before I started working here but they provide all the training and teaching you could need. The work environment is awesome, as are the people that work here. It is also really nice having a consistent schedule with weekends off every week (unless you want to come and get some stuff done over the weekend too). I also really like the core values that the company stands by, especially having worked for places that have been less than pleasant when it comes to their values and mentality.

Cons

It is a pretty hard job. It is a lot of work and it can be challenging at times, but I don't think any job worth having will be easy all the time. You really get out of it what you put in, so if you are willing to work over time and put in the extra effort this job will be great.

Advice to Management

Nothing that I can think of. Everything has been great since I started working here! Keep up the good work!

Jun 3, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience thus far. Our core values are what we believe is the foundation of a great company. We look forward to you being an associate for years to ... More