AimLoan.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Vince Kasperick

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • ve really enjoyed working for AimLoan, definitely a great company to work for (in 8 reviews)

• AimLoan has the best work environment- all the associates are so helpful and kind (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons at all-everything is great (in 4 reviews)

• Moral has decreased exponentially, procedures are unclear, and the core values are all but gone (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great workplace!"

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time

Pros

Working at Aimloan has been a great experience so far; there's a really good work/life balance and I love how everyone is really friendly and is willing to help you with anything at all times. Also, the President and the Vice Presidents in different departments are really down to earth and friendly, which is pretty rare compared to other companies.

Cons

I do not have one so far.

"Update to my initial review a few years ago"

Former Employee - Loan Officer
    Former Employee - Loan Officer

I worked at AimLoan.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- training. There are many opportunities to learn various degrees of the mortgage industry here.
    - peers. The people make the place worth staying for, it's why I was still there!
    - ability to make decently good money for the amount of work done. Honestly, leads are fed to you and you can offer great rates from the website. Easy work.

Cons

- leadership has very high turnover. While the VP of operations is maybe one of the smartest people I've ever met, she can't run the company herself. Meanwhile, the president seems to not understand that. His other departments are failing with him as the interim manager. Moral has decreased exponentially, procedures are unclear, and the core values are all but gone. I hope it comes back as the company it was a few years ago, it was amazing then! Community outreach, strong leadership, and caring environment.

Advice to Management

Hire solid leadership, many people are looking for new jobs because of the lack of support. You have great employees you invested in - don't lose them!

3. "Excellent place to start your career"

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an excellent place to start your career in the Home Mortgage industry. There is comprehensive training and the people on your team are always willing to help. The office is very egalitarian and the Upper Management is incredibly friendly.

Cons

Training materials could involve checklists and step by step processes.

4. "Great Workplace!"

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time

Pros

I’ve been employed with AimLoan.com for a little over five moths in the Post-Closing department. It has been a great experience, starting from the interview process. It’s a comfortable work environment, management truly cares about their employees and everyone is helpful and friendly. I’ve really enjoyed working for AimLoan, definitely a great company to work for.

Cons

No cons so far.

5. "Loan Processor"

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Aimloan is a great place to work. If you enjoy helping people, great pay, PTO, amazing benefits, great work life balance, and an amazing work environment than it is a great fit you.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Advice to Management

Do not have any. I think management does a great job communicating with their employees. Keep it up!

6. "Best Company To Work For!"

Current Employee - Loan Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Assistant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working for AimLoan and have had such a great experience so far! AimLoan has the best work environment- all the associates are so helpful and kind. The VP's and President of the company truly are the best and care for all the employees. I love how they have fun events for the associates/families and give back to the community!

I am very grateful for all the training and all that I have learned! AimLoan gave me the opportunity to begin my career with them without any mortgage experience. I started with the company as a loan assistant, and soon will begin my training as a Processor; just as promised when I first was hired on!! I couldn't be happier to be part of such a great company!

Cons

No cons at all-everything is great.

7. "Vendor Services"

Current Employee - Vendor Servces
    Current Employee - Vendor Servces

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been here about a month now and everyone is so friendly and helpful. I've never felt discouraged when asking a question and I really feel like part of a team working here. I think it's great that they hire people with no experience in the mortgage industry, like myself and give them an opportunity to have a great career.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing :)

Nov 7, 2017 – President

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience so far.

"Loan Processor"

Current Employee - Loan Processr in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Processr in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed and appreciated the training process. I was hired as a loan processor, but when I first started I was working with Vendor Services ordering appraisals, then I moved to Document retrieval gathering documents and speaking with borrowers, so by the time I got to loan processing I was comfortable talking to the borrower. Also, things made more sense. I know why I needed to collect that one document from my time in document retrieval, I also know why I needed to order that appraisal.
    The training style really makes up for the training manual.
    I also like working for a company where upper management knows you by name. That is the good thing about having upper management be so involved in the hiring process.
    I am happy to be part of this company.

Cons

The training manual needs to be revised to make more sense and easier to follow along as you work on a file.

Nov 7, 2017 – President

The training manual is an ongoing project. We appreciate any feedback that you can provide to make our training process easier to follow.

"Not top notch"

Former Employee - Loan Officer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Loan Officer in San Diego, CA

I worked at AimLoan.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great peers, friendly environment, and peers are always willing to help out with any questions.

Cons

Horrible training, no set training program (desperately needed), management is in dire need of a reality check: they don't care about training employees properly just the volume of loans closing. The production department is probably the worst. They had no clue how to run a department or ensure proper staffing. Also, there always seems to be a new bunch of employees coming through...so very high turn over.

Advice to Management

Don't cut corners on training. Hire an HR/Training professional for all positions (production, operations, closing, etc.) Listen to your employees; they actually have good ideas.

Oct 30, 2017 – President

We are committed to our core values and expect the same of our associates. It’s unfortunate that AimLoan was not the right fit for this individual.

10. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time

Pros

There is always an opportunity to move up and you never feel stuck where you are. The only limitation is yourself.

Cons

When you do something good it's not really noticed, but when you do something wrong it's brought up a couple of times.

Advice to Management

Positive feedback helps employees better themselves more than anything else.

Oct 30, 2017 – President

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your feedback, both positive and constructive.