Aimco Apartment Homes Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2020

3.6
Aimco Apartment Homes Chairman, President, and CEO Terry Considine
Terry Considine
Pros
  • "Through internal courses and being reimbursed for outside courses contributing to my professional growth the investment in team members is evident(in 17 reviews)

• "They value employees as people, are respectful of work-life balance and actually want to hear honest feedback(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work life balance is sometimes tough and you can get overwhelmed(in 29 reviews)

• "Upper management does not listen to concerns about your property(in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Not just a job, a career"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been working for Aimco for 6 years. During this time I have been able to grow within the company from a sales job to community manager and a career in property management. Through internal courses and being reimbursed for outside courses contributing to my professional growth the investment in team members is evident. If you are willing to put in the effort the opportunity to grow is there. I can say it cause Im living it.

Cons

Technology is great, however we try to do more with less and that begins to affect life work balance

July 20, 2019Talent Marketing & Recruiting

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience with us. We sincerely appreciate the length of time you've been working at Aimco and your loyalty. It's always great to hear about our teammate's career growth at Aimco and watch them succeed and write their own story. Thank you for your thoughts on technology and your advice to management. We will absolutely share your feedback and appreciate your insight. If there is anything else you'd like to share, please reach out to us at YourVoice@Aimco.com.

2. "Good Company"

I worked at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time

Pros

Easy to work for and pay is good

Cons

Very corporate and they favor some departments

April 20, 2020Executive Assistant

Hi there and thanks for your feedback! We're glad you think Aimco was a good company to work for and that you were compensated well for your work. At Aimco one of our core values is Respect, therefore the treatment of our team members is very important to us and we are disappointed to hear you felt some departments were favored over others. We welcome the opportunity to hear more about your experience. Please reach out to us at YourVoice@Aimco.com.

3. "Overall a good place to work"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Worked with some great people, benefits/pay are good. Really a good experience overall as I worked my way up from Leasing to Asst Manager to manager.

Cons

The work life balance is sometimes tough and you can get overwhelmed

June 12, 2020HR Team Member

Hi and thank you for sharing your experience with us. We see that you were a loyal Aimco team member and we appreciate your years of service! We’re thrilled to hear you took advantage of Aimco’s jungle gym culture; we love helping our team members advance their careers! As an owner and operator of apartment homes, our business is 24/7. We do, however, strive to provide our team members with work-life integration. We appreciate your thoughts regarding on-site decisions, and will pass along your advice to management and to our senior leaders. If there is anything further you'd like to share with us now or in the future, please reach out at YourVoice@Aimco.com.Aimco.

4. "Company actually cares"

Former Employee - Community Manager

I worked at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cares about the on site staff Clear cut expectations Precise operations manual

Cons

Bonus program not entirely fair

June 12, 2020HR Team Member

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our on-site teams are the heart of our business and we’re thrilled to hear your time with Aimco was a positive experience! Aimco offers industry-competitive pay and strives to rewards those who consistently meet or exceed their operations and sales goals. We welcome the opportunity to learn more about your concerns regarding the bonus program. Please consider emailing us directly at YourVoice@Aimco.com. Thank you again for your input and we hope to hear from you.

5. "Great Pay, Expendable Employees"

1.0
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Oceanside, CA

I worked at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Highly compensated. That is all.

Cons

Work-life balance is impossible, not allowed OT but also pressured to complete more tasks than humanly possible, Undervalued by the district level and up.

June 18, 2020HR Team Member

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences as an Aimco team member. While we are happy to hear that you felt well compensated during your time with us, we never like to hear that a former team member has had a negative experience. We appreciate your thoughts and advice to the management. We always try to provide our team members with support and work-life balance, knowing that our industry is one that operates 24/7/365. Providing our team members with an environment that is supportive to ensure they have the means to do their jobs well is a top priority at Aimco. Every effort is made to schedule work in accordance with current requirements and staffing capacities, including overtime. We’d appreciate hearing more details about your experiences – we’re always trying to get better. Please email us at YourVoice@Aimco.com.

6. "Good Entry-Level Job for Recent Grad"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

experience, sales, relationship building, training

Cons

lack of growth opportunities, entry-level pay

May 6, 2020HR Team Member

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re happy to hear that you thought Aimco was a great company for learning and relationship building. We definitely pride ourselves on our training opportunities and collaborative culture. We’re sad to hear you felt there was a lack of growth opportunity and compensation. Aimco encourages all team members to take advantage of our jungle-gym culture and apply for other types of roles they qualify for. We’re located in 20 different markets across the U.S., and we often see team members grow their career by exploring relocation opportunities. Leasing Consultants are paid for performance with a base salary and commission structure that rewards those who consistently meet or exceed their sales goals. We’ll certainly pass along your feedback to our Operations Team, and we welcome the opportunity to learn more about your concerns. Please consider emailing us directly at YourVoice@Aimco.com. Thanks again for your input and we hope to hear from you.

7. "Very high turnover in FP&A and accounting"

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time

Pros

HR, Operations and Marketing folks are mostly happy in their jobs and make great friends. Breakfast on mondays thirsty thursdays and town halls are great.

Cons

Finance, Planning & Analysis dept as well as accounting has very long hours, rank and file works late and expected to work weekends. Reporting datelines are calendar not work day based. Eg. instead of work day 3 it’s 3rd of every month, if it ends up on a Monday, you are expected to adjust your weekends schedules to book journals and run reports and make it to Monday dateline. Very high turnover at manager/accountant and analyst level and management made no effort to address or talk to existing employees on turnover impact on existing employees. They pretend it doesn’t happen or maybe it just doesn’t matter to them. Culture is not the only problem, process and procedures are very seriously flawed.

April 20, 2020Executive Assistant

Hi there and thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We see that you are relatively new to Aimco (Welcome!) and we’re happy to hear that you’re enjoying our town square events in Denver! As an owner and operator of apartment homes, our business is 24/7. We do, however, strive to provide our team members with work-life integration. We’d like to discuss your concerns with you in a forum that can be constructive and collaborative. We’re here to help and listen, so please reach out to your HR Business partner at Aimco or email us directly to set up a time where we can talk at YourVoice@Aimco.com.

8. "Delt with current residents and people looking for new apartments to rent"

5.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at Aimco Apartment Homes part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very good company to work for always helpful to the staff and had good benefits

Cons

Their training could have been more complete

March 9, 2020Talent Manager, Human Resources

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We see you were with us for 5 years- or more - and we really appreciate your loyalty to Aimco. We are glad to hear to you thought we were a good company to work for and that you were able to utilize the benefits. Thank you for the insight on the training- we would love to hear more specifically about where it could be improved. Please reach out to us at YourVoice@Aimco.com as we're always looking to get better.

9. "A Decade of Service"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great pay. Structured company often at the forefront with technology and process.

Cons

Tough environment. High stress and high expectations. Management style weeds out people quickly.

March 19, 2020Talent Manager, Human Resources

Hi there and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Wow - 10 years with us! Thank you for your commitment and loyalty to Aimco. We appreciate hearing that you feel you're paid well and that Aimco is at the forefront of technology and process - we agree with you! We also want to thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about the environment. You're right that we have high expectations at Aimco as we want to the best! That being said, we'd appreciate hearing more about your experience and finding out if there is something we can improve upon as a team. Please reach out to your Director of HR to share your thoughts or email us at YourVoice@Aimco.com. We're hear to listen and to help!

10. "Some good....some bad"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is decent. Quite a bit of autonomy.

Cons

Too much paperwork pushed to lower level employees

February 14, 2020Talent Manager, Human Resources

Hi There. We’re not sure if you meant to leave a review for Aimco, as we do not have an apartment community in Louisville, KY and our regional managers are certainly not “chained to their desks” or required to “push papers.” In fact, our regional managers’ experience is almost the opposite, in that they are always conducting on-site community visits, spending time connecting with the on-site team members, and they have little to no paperwork. Our centralized shared services office handles almost all paperwork for our communities. Please consider reaching out to us at YourVoice@Aimco.com so that we can take a deeper look and understand your review and whether or not it was meant for Aimco.

Found 389 reviews