Aimco Apartment Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Aimco Apartment Homes Chairman, President, and CEO Terry Considine
Terry Considine

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • My work life balance has never been better (in 11 reviews)

• Great company in a tough industry (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • There was little work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

• 35 hour work week, Needs stronger onboard training, Restricting Rights within Roles (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Grow Your Careerr"

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time

Pros

I have been an employee for three years and have received great promotions. Not only do I feel valued as a part of the team, but valuable to the company as a whole.

Cons

There are always growing pains when taking on a new role or position. The key is adaptability and flexibility. Here at Aimco, those who ask for more and are positive, will thrive!

Mar 13, 2017 – Talent Management Coordinator

Thank you very much for sharing your perspective with us. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your role with Aimco and that you've utilized the opportunities at Aimco to grow and thrive in... More

2. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent culture
    Amazing teammates
    Leadership that cares for team members
    Competitive pay
    Dedicated paid hours to serve community (Aimco Cares)
    Fun
    Successes celebrated
    Like a family
    Challenging work
    Continually strives to improve culturally, impacting performance positively
    Flexible dress standards (corporate offices)
    Flexible schedules (where applicable)
    Work-life balance encouraged

Cons

Positive culture in various levels of adoption in some small pockets
    401(k) match is OK but not great

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward with positively influencing our culture and cultural expectations throughout the company. Be careful about sending mixed messages (e.g., rewarding those who perform well financially but who do not live by our values and culture sends the wrong message). Keep showing the team you care deeply for us by continuing to listen to team member ideas and improving our culture.

Sep 11, 2017 – Talent Management Coordinator

Hello there! We sincerely appreciate the time you took to leave Aimco such a thorough and honest review. We see that you've been with us for quite a long time and we're so happy to see that you're... More

3. "They care about their team members!"

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Aimco is a company that strives to make money, as all successful companies do, however they truly care about their team members

Cons

Some of their benefits could be more competitive, but the positives FAR outweigh the negatives.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

4. "SEO SEM update personnel"

Pros

Extremely upbeat company that likes to take their employees out for fun things.

Cons

did not train well and had very high expectations of productivity.

Advice to Management

it would be better to train your people so they have more knowledge in order to problem solve issues that arise.

5. "Employees are disposable"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sometimes you get a free lunch, hours are easy but that's also a down fall.

Cons

Working here is the definition of working for the man. They are publicly traded company so they are strictly concerned about profit dollars not the employees.

Advice to Management

Focus more on employee retention. Make sure quality employees are recognized for quality work.

"Call Center"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nothing really from today, that is why I left.

Cons

I always strive to do my best but it doesn't get noticed, We are at the bottom of the chain. Basically that is where they want us, uniformed and at the bottom. Certain people only know about job openings because they don't tell everyone so they can promote someone they like without putting the open job on the website. Had a few different managers, one was a real person that cared about me as an individual and she helped me grow. Feels like they are not genuine. I would have continued to grow and be there today if things didn't change. Supervisors dressed very unprofessional with stretchy pants, loud colors, not representing the company in the best light.

Advice to Management

I wrote and erased 3 paragraphs of advice but finally decided why, they wouldn't listen then why now. Over the past 5 years on the list of The Denver Best Place to work, small companies they continued to down with their performance as a company, now I believe they are dead last. Clearly they are not taking these results and applying them to make things better.

Sep 18, 2017 – Talent Management Coordinator

Hi there, and thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience with Aimco. We regret to hear that it doesn't sound like it ended on a positive note for you. We can see... More

"Decent Company, Upper Management is Obnoxious"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes (More than a year)

Pros

Relatively good pay, day-to-day operations, and the work is fairly easy

Cons

Upper management is pushy and obtrusive. Very old school style of company. Intimidation of underlings prevalent. Have to work on weekends.

Advice to Management

More training needed for LCs and on-floor people

Aug 29, 2017 – Talent Management Coordinator

Hello, thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts and views about working at Aimco. We're glad to hear that you are happy with your pay and the day-to-day piece of your job. We'd be... More

8. "Benefits Program Manager"

Former Employee - Benefits Program Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Benefits Program Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Very people oriented. Talented management team. Very innovative. Encourages employees to challenge themselves (being uncomfortable was a mantra) and the organization in order to create positive outcomes. Human resource leadership is outstanding. Employee satisfaction ratings were high.

Cons

Extremely fast paced environment can sometimes be overwhelming. Very lean staffing can sometimes cause employees to take short-cuts in getting the job done.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Push the envelope as always and keep the creative and innovation wheels turning. Continue to focus on employee satisfaction.

Aug 29, 2017 – Talent Management Coordinator

Hi there, thanks for leaving a review of your experience with Aimco. We're pleased to know that you felt your team was talented and friendly and that you felt encouraged and supported by your HR... More

"Have to improve care for residents"

I worked at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time

Pros

Are there pros, not really

Cons

Very poor care for residents

Advice to Management

Ethics ethics ethics

Aug 29, 2017 – Talent Management Coordinator

Hi there. Thanks for sharing your experience on Glassdoor. We can see that you're a former team memberof Aimco, however, we can't tell how long you've been gone. You didn't provide much detail so... More

"Leasing Consultants"

I worked at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing not a single thing

Cons

You think you are there to try to sell the brand to potential clients to go to the properties so they may rent and bring the company actual revenue but really that isn't even important to them. The only thing they care about from you is how many asinine surveys about the call you have harassed people into.
    Seriously they care more about a poorly worded 4 question survey at the end of every call than the fact you booked up heaps of appointments to pre qualified potential customers.
    Its a miserable day, every day.
    The management is insufferable and you basically have them hovering over you at all times. Via their little sit down conversations and them listening in on your calls and grading you. Once you get a low score it's impossible to bring it back up and this is by design. Its intentional as the way their system works. If you don't always get perfect calls and force the caller into the survey every time (and get perfect surveys) you will find yourself on the bad list and continue to slide down.

Advice to Management

Your survey isn't even actually topical to the subject. Of course no one really thinks its the best call of their life....

Aug 29, 2017 – Talent Management Coordinator

Hello, thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts and views about working at Aimco. We can see that you no longer work with Aimco, however we can't tell how long ago you left us. Aimco is... More