Aimco Apartment Homes Service Technician Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 6 reviews

4.2
Aimco Apartment Homes CEO Terry Considine
Terry Considine
  1. "I love my job but shorts"

Current Employee - Level III Service Technician in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes for less than a year

Pros

I love being a part of a team that cares. I am constantly suprized with the lengths that we r alowed to go to satisfy our customers.

Cons

Well the 35 hour work week is strange and recently we are not able to where shorts which is kinda crazy considering out pants are black and it is going to be a hot summer

Advice to Management

Just let's keep being about what we say we are about and realy just keep up the good work.

Aimco Apartment Homes2015-06-03

August 18, 2015Human Resources

We appreciate your thoughts on Aimco. Thank you for the feedback! If you would like to share anything further, please reach out to us at YourVoice@aimco.com.

2. "Good company to work"

Former Employee - Service Technician in Miami, FL

I worked at Aimco Apartment Homes

Pros

Nationwide job openings, training, safety and technical training, good HR environment/concerns about employees issues (corporate take care of local situations, they listen to every employee). Competitive salary and benefits.

Cons

Some local management were abusing (making them work rotating schedules, working unpaid after clock time) of some technicians and helping others only based on the "friendship" level, but they were terminated by corporate after a HR investigation and interviews with employees. More management responsibilities for maintenance technicians than in the past. Life/work balance is not the best, but that's part of the normal...

Advice to Management

Put undercover technicians to see how local service managers work in different locations.

Aimco Apartment Homes2016-08-28

September 1, 2016Talent Acquisition Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are so glad you feel that we listen to every team member. That is our goal and we love hearing that you feel we succeeded. Thank you for the recommendations, if you have more feedback you would like to share with us please send an email to ...

"great team members"

Former Employee - Service Technician IV in Miami, FL

I worked at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stability, once you are hired they won't terminate you or lay you off. they would rather cut your hours, things used to be good before the economy crashed in term of compensation.

Cons

you only work 35 hours as full time, they won't acknowledge you do something right, say happy birthday on your birthday, or say thank you at the end of the year. It takes forever to get promoted unless.. from a special group.

Advice to Management

To value more the technicians, give them thank you card once in while.

Aimco Apartment Homes2015-02-07

August 18, 2015Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Aimco. A good thank you can go a long way. If there is anything else you would like to share, please email us at YourVoice@aimco.com.

"Greedy Company"

Former Employee - Service Technician in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Aimco Apartment Homes for more than a year

Pros

You can sleep on the job and get rewarded for it. They buy pizza for you every other month or so.

Cons

You are on call all winter long and on a rotating schedule. Your co-workers are lazy, your boss is slightly better than autistic, and the corporation is a money-hungry impenetrable conglomeration of legalistic sharks.

Advice to Management

You need to treat your employees better, starting with a full 40 hours. Give a couple guys free apartments so they handle all the on call service work, and contract the snow removal so your employees don't have to spend the entire winter, including holidays, on call to shovel and salt.

Aimco Apartment Homes2014-04-01
  5. "Policy/money driven"

Current Employee - Service Technician in Denver, CO

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people at the community level.

Cons

Corperate Aimco can be difficult when trying to go through many levels of approval to purchase capital items.

Aimco Apartment Homes2013-03-01
  6. "not terrible"

Current Employee - Service Technician in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes

Pros

continuing education courses nubbgf kigfdc jiokgt

Cons

corporate restructuring and downsizing nhfvt likju hgnfd

Aimco Apartment Homes2012-03-21