KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Aimco Reviews

Updated Sep 13, 2022

Found 452 of over 463 reviews

4.3
Aimco President and CEO Wes Powell (no image)
Wes Powell

The latest conversations about Real Estate

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "No work/life balance due to travel expectations and the requirement to be available 24/7.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Upper management is clueless and unethical(in 18 reviews)
  • "Management constantly adds new work duties, often mindless repetitions of existing paperwork, while allowing no extra time to complete them, resulting in a constant feeling of always trying to catch up, and forcing managers into the uncomfortable decision of what other essential services will need to be limited in order to accommodate the new requirements.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership needs to connect with the products and culture as well as the stock market.(in 9 reviews)
  • "You will likely go through many different managers and co(in 9 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Aimco and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Customer service

Aug 26, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Customer service representative executive etc

Cons

Everything is good and satisfing

VP, Human Resources

Hi there. Thank you for your review.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Decent leadership, good pay overall

Sep 13, 2022 - Property Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good support, pay and benefits in line

Cons

The leadership expectations sometimes unrelaistic

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!!

Jul 27, 2022 - Legal Specialist in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started working with Aimco after leaving a job with 9-years tenure that developed a negative culture. I was hoping to find a new job who backed up their promises in the interview process with action after accepting, and so far, I've been extremely happy with the move. They're flexible with work schedules, support job growth and encourage questions. The functional culture allows room for real conversations and support on all teams. I’d highly recommend Aimco to anyone wanting to find something new and challenging.

Cons

I don't have any cons!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Proud to work for Aimco - Cares about Employees

Jul 21, 2022 - Director in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Aimco really cares about its employees. Employees are recognized for their hard work and the leaderships goes above and beyond to show their teams how they make a difference. Employees are offered a competitive benefits package. Great working environment and great people to work with. Leadership is available to employees.

Cons

For most higher level positions, the workday may not end when you leave work. Sometimes this may be hard to navigate. There is a busy season for all teams. You may experience a heavier workload at specific points during the year.

Continue reading

VP, Human Resources

Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a heartfelt review. We can see that you have worked for Aimco for over 10 years - thank you! We are glad to hear that you feel cared about by Aimco and recognized for the hard work that you do. We are also happy to hear that you are taking advantage of the great benefits that we offer at Aimco. We also appreciate your advice to management and your feedback will be shared directly with our CEO, CFO, and our CAO/General Counsel. If you have any additional comments you'd like to leave us, please feel free to email us at Aimco.Communications@Aimco.com.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Jun 27, 2022 - Maintenance Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good communication Descent pay Continued growth within company

Cons

Most properties are outside Northwest

Continue reading

VP, Human Resources

Hi there. As a maintenance technician, you are employed by AIR Communities and not Aimco. We appreciate your feedback and are stoked to hear that you are enjoying your work, but your review would be better served on the AIR Communities page, so they may receive your feedback. AIR Communities and Aimco split in December of 2020 and are now two, publicly-traded and separate companies. Thanks!

6. 3.0

Fine

Jun 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lower management and maintenance men are wonderful

Cons

Expecting a lot from their staff

VP, Human Resources

Hi, thanks for your review. Based on your feedback, it sounds like you work at AIR Communities, as Aimco no longer employees site teams like maintenance and leasing. Aimco and AIR Communities split into two separate companies in December 2020. We'd suggest leaving your review with AIR Communities so they can receive your feedback. Thank you and best of luck in your new career endeavors.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

nice

Jun 6, 2022 - Maintenance Technician in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

easy location downtown aimco pro

Cons

transportation long way traffic .will work sgain

VP, Human Resources

Hi there, Thank you for your review and feedback. We see that you're a current employee but are a Maintenance Technician in Philadelphia. That means that you work for AIR Communities and not Aimco. AIR and Aimco split into two publicly traded and separate companies in December of 2020. All of our community staff, including leasing consultants and maintenance technicians, along with community managers, are employed with AIR Communities. We'd recommend leaving feedback on their Glassdoor page so they can share in your feedback. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying working there. Take care!

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

May 23, 2022 - Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team atmosphere is positive and collaborative.

Cons

Not everyone is a team player but most are.

VP, Human Resources

Hi there -- thank you for leaving your feedback. While we don't how long ago you departed Aimco or what department you worked in, we are glad to hear that your experience was overall a good one. We wish you the best in your next career chapter.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

It was a Job

May 13, 2022 - Community Manager in Livermore, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discounted Rent Good Maintenance Team Ok bonuses

Cons

Low Salary High turnover Low bonuses High pressure to lease apartments Below-par health insurance

VP, Human Resources

Hi there! Aimco no longer employs Community Managers, since separating from AIR Communities in December of 2020. We'd recommend leaving your review with AIR Communities so they may receive and consider your feedback.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lack of Transparency

Apr 13, 2022 - Community Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to cross learn in other departments.

Cons

Lack of transparency as it relates to opportunities for professional growth & trajectory. Outdated metrics for employee growth and underdeveloped Learning and development department. Lack of inclusion.

VP, Human Resources

Hi there. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. As you may be aware, Aimco and AIR Communities separated in December of 2020 and Aimco no longer employs Community Managers. All of Aimco's Community Managers now work for AIR Communities. We'd invite you to share this feedback on the AIR Communities' page so they may take it into consideration. We wish you luck in your next career adventure.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 452 Reviews

Aimco Reviews FAQs

Aimco has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 463 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Aimco to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Aimco employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Aimco. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

84% of Aimco employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Aimco 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Aimco to be culture, coworkers, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, management, benefits.

Popular Careers with Aimco Job Seekers