KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Aimco Reviews

Updated Jun 9, 2022

Found 447 of over 458 reviews

4.0
Aimco President and CEO Wes Powell (no image)
Wes Powell
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "No work/life balance due to travel expectations and the requirement to be available 24/7.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Upper management is clueless and unethical(in 19 reviews)
  • "Management constantly adds new work duties, often mindless repetitions of existing paperwork, while allowing no extra time to complete them, resulting in a constant feeling of always trying to catch up, and forcing managers into the uncomfortable decision of what other essential services will need to be limited in order to accommodate the new requirements.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Not all managers have changed as the company has changed.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership needs to connect with the products and culture as well as the stock market.(in 9 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Aimco and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Mar 6, 2022 - Service Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of room for growth

Cons

No cons for the company

VP, Human Resources

Hi there! Thank you for your review! Aimco no longer employs Service Managers, so we assume since you're a current employee that you now work at AIR Communities after AIR and Aimco split in December of 2020. We're sure that AIR would love to hear from you so please consider leaving a review on their Site.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

nice

Jun 6, 2022 - Maintenance Technician in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

easy location downtown aimco pro

Cons

transportation long way traffic .will work sgain

VP, Human Resources

Hi there, Thank you for your review and feedback. We see that you're a current employee but are a Maintenance Technician in Philadelphia. That means that you work for AIR Communities and not Aimco. AIR and Aimco split into two publicly traded and separate companies in December of 2020. All of our community staff, including leasing consultants and maintenance technicians, along with community managers, are employed with AIR Communities. We'd recommend leaving feedback on their Glassdoor page so they can share in your feedback. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying working there. Take care!

3. 4.0

Good company

May 23, 2022 - Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team atmosphere is positive and collaborative.

Cons

Not everyone is a team player but most are.

VP, Human Resources

Hi there -- thank you for leaving your feedback. While we don't how long ago you departed Aimco or what department you worked in, we are glad to hear that your experience was overall a good one. We wish you the best in your next career chapter.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee

Fine

Jun 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lower management and maintenance men are wonderful

Cons

Expecting a lot from their staff

5. 3.0

It was a Job

May 13, 2022 - Community Manager in Livermore, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discounted Rent Good Maintenance Team Ok bonuses

Cons

Low Salary High turnover Low bonuses High pressure to lease apartments Below-par health insurance

VP, Human Resources

Hi there! Aimco no longer employs Community Managers, since separating from AIR Communities in December of 2020. We'd recommend leaving your review with AIR Communities so they may receive and consider your feedback.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lack of Transparency

Apr 13, 2022 - Community Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to cross learn in other departments.

Cons

Lack of transparency as it relates to opportunities for professional growth & trajectory. Outdated metrics for employee growth and underdeveloped Learning and development department. Lack of inclusion.

VP, Human Resources

Hi there. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. As you may be aware, Aimco and AIR Communities separated in December of 2020 and Aimco no longer employs Community Managers. All of Aimco's Community Managers now work for AIR Communities. We'd invite you to share this feedback on the AIR Communities' page so they may take it into consideration. We wish you luck in your next career adventure.

7. 5.0

Good commission schedule

Feb 5, 2022 - Leasing Consultant in Plantation, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

knowledge , commission benefits flexibl scheduale

Cons

No opportunity to grow because lack of properties full time until operations needs to get budget yo can not have 40 hr scheduale

VP, Human Resources

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts. Based on your review, it sounds like you work for AIR Communities. Aimco and AIR Communities split in December or 2020, with AIR taking over all community management. We would recommend leaving your review with AIR Communities so that they receive your feedback. Have a great day!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Loved the work!

Dec 10, 2021 - Graphic Designer in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved the people and the work at Aimco! As a graphic designer you would get a lot of different jobs from helping with websites, to full logo rebrands, too billboards. It was a great way to build my portfolio and have fun doing it.

Cons

They do not treat contractors great. You were not allowed to participate in pizza parties, having coffee, etc. It really reflected on the company as a whole.

Talent Manager, Human Resources

Hi - thanks so much for the nice words! Based on your title, we believe that you're currently employed at AIR Communities which split from Aimco in December 2020. We highly recommend posting a review on AIR's Glassdoor page to ensure they receive the feedback. Take care!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Satisfied

Feb 15, 2022 - Leasing Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great field with good salary opportunities

Cons

Being hired as a floater between locations can be cchallenging

VP, Human Resources

Thank you for your review of Aimco. As a leasing consultant, you work for AIR Communities, which split from Aimco in December 2020. Please consider leaving your feedback on AIR's Glassdoor page, so they receive it. Thanks and have a great day!

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

The best

Feb 2, 2022 - Regional Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership, Salary, Benefits, Education, Bonus opportunities

Cons

I can't think of any cons

VP, Human Resources

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts. We are so happy to hear that you have been happy working at Aimco for so many years. We appreciate your loyalty and wish you continued success in your career!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 447 Reviews

Aimco Reviews FAQs

Aimco has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 458 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Aimco to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Aimco employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Aimco. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

75% of Aimco employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Aimco 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Aimco to be culture, coworkers, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, management, benefits.

Popular Careers with Aimco Job Seekers