Air Canada Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2020

3.7
Air Canada President, CEO, and Director Calin Rovinescu
Calin Rovinescu
Pros
  • "Amazing travel benefits, flexible work hours & a way to see the world(in 108 reviews)

• "Great benefits, great people, great atmosphere(in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours, unconventional life style(in 35 reviews)

• "Shift work if you are ok to work at night(in 33 reviews)

1. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Boston, MA

I worked at Air Canada full-time for less than a year

Pros

You learn many positions And not work in one position. Co workers are nice

Cons

Travel benefits only start after 6 months probationary period

2. "not too good not too bad"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Air Canada full-time for more than a year

Pros

travel benefits, average salary and health insurance

Cons

bad management and poor support

3. "Sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Air Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent team of people to work with, always willing to help out where they can.

Cons

One team member can always put a damper on your day.

4. "A Great Company Even During Turbulent Times"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Air Canada full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Health Insurance -Flight Benefits -Collaborative Corporate Culture -Company's Growth Potential

Cons

-Home-Market Dominance Leads to Inflexibility/Lack of Accountability -Tendency to Look at Issues from an Internal Perspective -Processes Are Often Needlessly Complex

5. "Don't work here"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Air Canada full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health insurance, flight benefits, Flights with partners

Cons

Bad management, disorganized, No care for employees

6. "Unpleasant work environment"

1.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Air Canada full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health insurance benefits Fight benefits

Cons

Poor very poor and incompetent management, delays in answering to a concern and delivering information to the staff. They tend to listen to gossips than the concerns brought forward , again POOR and terrible managers, wish they were reported directly to Human Resources. Gossips and bulling amongst agents specially the seniors agents . Favoritisms and special treatment offered to special agentes only , some seniors are very RUDE and disrespectful, unwilling to help. Work load is very extensive without much help and support by leadership team, stay away from this place . Again, they should fired all management team and hire competent managers .

Continue reading
  7. "Good Company Culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Concierge in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Air Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good place to get your foot in the door in the airline industry. Room for growth

Cons

Pay could be better at the non management level.

Continue reading
  8. "BEWARE!!! EVERYTHING THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Air Canada full-time for less than a year

Pros

1 hour lunch. Paid training

Cons

6 months probation is a JOKE! They do not care about your health at all. They expect you to come to work on your deathbed. Very unorganized, especially during delays/cancellations. Occasionally there is only one or two agents at the counter to check in during a rush hour. Majority of the employees are extremely rude to customers and to each other. Can count on one hand how many agents generous. Gossip, gossip, gossip! Supervisors gossiping with regular employees about other employees! If you have a problem with anything that is being done best to keep it to yourself! Not enough lockers for all employees. If you make a simple mistake they will call you out publicly and make a fool out of you. If you like to be talked to or treated like a child, this is the place for you. Underpaid for all that you have to do.

March 30, 2020Talent Acquisition Partner - Sourcing

We appreciate your time in writing this comment. We are saddened to read that your experience was not the best with Air Canada. The Customer Service Agent position does not require an educational background given that a full training is provided by Air Canada. We understand that the 6 month probationary period seems long but it is common among large size companies. Should any of our employees run into issues with colleagues, we recommend to notify your supervisor and take actions accordingly. There is always a way to find solutions. We believe this position is a wonderful opportunity to grow in the company, opening in array of career options. We are sorry for your experience and wish you the best with your future.

9. "The company takes very good care of their employees in Canada"

I have been working at Air Canada full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The only good thing at times is that they have a Union. But if you do your job correctly there is no need to worry about Unionized jobs

Cons

Being that it's a Canada based company, they don't provide much attention to their US employees

March 30, 2020Talent Acquisition Partner - Sourcing

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate your kind words about employee care. As the headquarter base is in Canada, we understand that the distance might be felt at time from our US employees. However, we have many internal communication channels and we promote employee engagement. Should you be interested, we encourage you to reach out via Air Canada internal communications and connect with fellow colleagues.

10. "Average Standing for High Class service"

Current Employee - Supervisor, Customer Service in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Air Canada full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Benefits in every way (medical, vacations) -Great and dedicated Employees -

Cons

- Abusive Managerial culture - Stress levels - Lack of accountability - Self preservation mentality above group - Cultural disparity between management and regular staff

March 30, 2020Talent Acquisition Partner - Sourcing

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you highlighted some of the benefits the company offers and we are happy that you enjoy working with your colleagues. It saddens us to read about the managerial culture you experienced. Should there be any issues in the future, we strongly encourage to communicate with your supervisor and take actions accordingly. We understand that communicating with customers can be stressful however, it is the reality of the position. Should you need assistance with your communications, we encourage you to reach out to fellow colleagues and to seek advice via Air Canada internal channels. Best of luck to you!

Found 831 reviews