Air Canada Reviews
68% would recommend to a friend
(2344 total reviews)
70% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits are great and a lot of advancement if looking to make this your career." (in 360 reviews)
- "Travel benefits are great as the AC network flies to many places around the world." (in 168 reviews)
- "great benefits and flight benefits" (in 137 reviews)
- "Great friends and people to support you" (in 109 reviews)
- "Travels and colleagues are great." (in 53 reviews)
- "1. Very Low pay at $17.99/hr and NO HR orientation after employment is offered." (in 157 reviews)
- "Very messy infrastructure which has potential to improve but poor management can not handle that part" (in 126 reviews)
- "Low salary and office location" (in 121 reviews)
- "Long hours and away from family" (in 75 reviews)
- "Mostly bad managers" (in 35 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Air Canada and is not affected by filters.
Found 2,344 of over 3K reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.0Nov 29, 2023Aircraft Maintenance EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsMontreal, QC
Flights passes, adequate parking spaces, fleet diversity.
Wages are 10-15 $ per hour behind most competitors. Training standards are on a downward path (hopefully they have reached the bottom) No lower level managers have any management education... most are AMEs doing a management function.
- 5.0Nov 22, 2023ConciergeFormer EmployeeToronto, ON
Working as a concierge at Air Canada has been a truly rewarding experience. The role has provided me with the opportunity to interact with a diverse range of passengers, each with unique needs and expectations. As a concierge, I've been able to assist travellers in making their journey smoother, offering guidance, and ensuring their overall satisfaction.
One notable challenge of working at Air Canada is the aspect of compensation, particularly the issue of comparatively lower pay. The remuneration for certain positions within the company may not always align with industry standards or the cost of living in certain regions. This aspect can be a concern for employees who seek competitive compensation for their skills and contributions.
- 3.0Nov 7, 2023CES (Customer Experience Specialist)Current Employee
Great benefits. Travel benefits are really good. If you love to travel this is the place for you. Most of the colleagues are kind and willing to help new agents.
The company is based on seniority, from shifts schedule ( They bid for work schedule every 6 months) to travel benefits. Low salary. If you are new hire they will pay you minimum wage and it’s a very stressful job. It is a stressful place to work and they put a lot of pressure on new agents. They send them to do new and difficult tasks without the proper preparation. The management team is not good and helpful at all ( yes you’re going to find 1 or 2 that are great and always want to help).
- 4.0Nov 14, 2023Customer Experience SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearVancouver, BC
Excellent work culture, supportive management, great benefit
hourly wage is ridiculously low.. can't afford anything with this wage. flight benefit is hard to use due to the high demand for travel. tough work due to lots of delays and cancellations and short staffing
- 4.0Nov 22, 2023Station AttendantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearToronto, ON
Decent benefits package for employees.
This position is great for single people. New employees entering the company shall expect to be given schedules that start at all hours..
- 5.0Nov 29, 2023Montreal OfficeFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsMontreal, QC
Great leadership and the employees believe in the company's overall mision
During Covid, AC and other airlines were highly impacted so we suffered job cuts
Air Canada Reviews FAQs
Air Canada has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 2,609 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Air Canada to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
68% of Air Canada employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Air Canada 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.