Air Contact Transport Reviews | Glassdoor

Brad Honigsberg

1. "Cool job"

Current Employee - Dockworker in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Dockworker in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Air Contact Transport (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy quick paced dock work, computer entry. Managers are cool.

Cons

Just like every other job.

2. "Not User friendly"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

I worked at Air Contact Transport full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Only real pros, is working with other drivers.

Cons

Managers are unfair and unsafe. They only follow rules and regulations when its for their convenience. They make drivers deliver damaged goods that were damaged on the dock. Some managers are very difficult to work with, and are not truthful.

Advice to Management

Get your act together.

3. "Worst company I have ever worked for."

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Air Contact Transport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unfortunately there are absolutely no pros about this company. They are not interested in keeping employees for a long time.

Cons

If I were you I would stay as far away from this place as possible! They don't care about their employees and whatever they can do to take advantage of you they'll do it. This is the most stressful job I have ever had. I have only been here a year and have seen so many people walk out or get fired. They constantly hire because they can't keep anyone(including terminal managers). It's so bad here that several times new hires will work one day and never come back. I worked in the Lexington, KY terminal and they only have 5 routes and a terminal manager, but I have seen 50-60 people come through in a year. And in 2 years they have gone through 8 managers. If you are looking for something long term, this is not the job for you. Don't bother calling corporate and giving ideas and suggestions, they are set in their ways. They also have told us that we can just quit and find another job. There is no such thing as coming in at a set time everyday. One day I'll show up at 9pm and the next day could be 12AM.

Typical night at the terminal-
    1. Wait on truck to arrive. (Sometimes 9, sometimes 12AM no consistency at all)
    2. Unload an entire trailer full of orders from front to back. (Nothing is in order)
    3. Sort through all freight and separate for each route.
    4. Each driver loads their entire 28 ft box truck. (Some nights its full front to back, top to bottom.
    5. Help another driver load their route.
    6. Delivery freight to each stop.
    7. Pick up returns. (Some nights its one box, other nights 300-400lbs worth of freight.
    8. Upon your return to terminal, unload your truck of all returns and place in the trailer that you unloaded the night before.

If you are looking for just a driving position, this is not the job you want. You will handle freight all night long. They start out at $775/week, for all that work, it's not worth it. Other terminals start at $735/week. If you don't believe me, all I have to say is I told you so. Lol

Advice to Management

It's a waste of time to give them advice. Even though they have such a high turnover rate, they still will not make any improvements to keep people. At the end of the day they would rather constantly hire rather than keep someone for a long time. They have literally told us that on different occasions.

"swing door company"

Former Employee - Line Haul Driver in Cranbury, NJ
    Former Employee - Line Haul Driver in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at Air Contact Transport full-time

Pros

none, benefits bad, manger super bad no class no manager skills no supervision skills.
    85 % of employees are temps

Cons

Cranbury JB terminal is just a joke, no respect to the drivers, over work them with out even a thank you. No one cares about you as a driver or dock worker, you are just being abused their.
    STAY AWAY

Advice to Management

Ya! Get rid of super Mario and hire someone with a mind and heart and the ability to run a terminal right, this guy is useless.

6. "Crapbag company"

Former Employee - Terminal Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Terminal Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Air Contact Transport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A steady pay check
    Co-workers
    Newer trucks

Cons

Little to no REAL benefits
    Upper management
    50 hours strait time before overtime kicks in (which conveniently is when your route ends.)
    No communication in Home office.
    No employee loyalty.
    EXTREMELY high turnover (300% in Lexington alone)
    Drivers properly unequipped to do the job correctly.
    Terminal is run too short staffed.
    You only get a raise after a year if you have never messed up
    You have to wear black uniforms (at night)
    Company requires you to wear black pants/shorts and only provides 60 dollars worth reimbursement (after 90 days) to be used for a set of 5 (which wont cover but like 2 pairs.)
    Required to wear black shoe (again not provided)
    Required to be clean shaving (no customer interaction)
    Only a 3rd shift option
    Company will step over you for a customer.
    Obamacare insurance
    Low pay in accordance with other companies that do the same thing.
    Owner has a false sense of reality and will fight any union interference.
    Trucks are ridiculously stickered.
    Does not know proper DOT rules.
    Run the wrong trucks for the size of the job on some routes.
    Upper management has some views that would be considered illegal.

Advice to Management

Fire your selves.

7. "DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in York, PA
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in York, PA

Pros

I can't even think of ONE!

Cons

Lousy Management Lousy policies Illegal Overtime only after 50 Hours of Straight Time!

Advice to Management

Rethink your Employee Policies!

8. "Positive"

Current Employee - Class B Driver in Windsor Locks, CT
    Current Employee - Class B Driver in Windsor Locks, CT

I have been working at Air Contact Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My Terminal Manager is always involved and promotes a team concept environment along with preaching SAFETY AT ALL TIMES

Cons

The hours can be challenging, but you get used to it.

Advice to Management

Perhaps some adjustments in the time off policy to avoid "burnout" The culture is team oriented, with the concept on safety 1st. Good management in terms of listening and observational skills, fair treatment with the attitude to teach and motivate.

9. "Horrible"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Budd Lake, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Budd Lake, NJ

I have been working at Air Contact Transport full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

nothing but cons, WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

Cons

Horrible interview process. Was called in for interview, weeks later got a rejection letter for a completely different position I never interviewed for. Same day of rejection letter received call to come in for same job interview. Thinking I had been reconsidered for job, called to schedule interview only to be told after explaining I have already interviewed for this mind you was told this is for same job that she just told was filled. The employee kept switching her story as to what was actually going on. This was a very disrespectful process. Was told to many hands in the pot. After the back and fourth of if the position was open or not the reply was it is but it isn't. Wow is all I can say need to get organized. I will be following up with a letter to the ceo who I was suppose to have my original interview with. I also never experienced being told before on first interview good luck we have so many people to interview and was told a number of 60 something applicants, really who does that. Oh yea they never re interview for same position then why have you called several times. ACT get your ACT together.

Advice to Management

Find a new human resources employee

10. "Not bad for the money..."

Former Employee - Site Supervisor in York, PA
    Former Employee - Site Supervisor in York, PA

I worked at Air Contact Transport full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Solid company, fair treatment of employees, safety conscious, yearly increases.

Cons

large turnover rate, a lot of "crisis" management, due to turnover many overtime hours, only paid overtime after 50 hours.

Advice to Management

hire more employees then you think you need, cross train various routes, allow more positive team building experiences. Have a back up plan in case of call-offs.

11. "Ok place to work...."

Pros

Easy job, good coworkers, newer trucks, paperwork easy to learn

Cons

No bonuses, benefits aren't that good, high turnover rate, overtime pay doesn't start until you work 50 hours

Advice to Management

Start giving out bonuses. Anything to help the high turnover rate. Benefits could be better too