Air Culinaire Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Cliff Smith Jr.

1. "Employment background check"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Pros

Good starting salary although she wasn't there long enough to receive a check yet.

Cons

Really long hours, but she did not mind.

Advice to Management

Please give employees a chance, even with a misdemeanor on their background record. Everyone deserves a second chance. My grand daughter was let go today because of her background check. She is devastated. She is an excellent chef. She needs a chance, that's all.

2. "Management"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Air Culinaire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bi weekly, on time pay, health and 401k benefits, free lunch. A job just to pay bills.

Cons

Senior management is quite disorganized, directly affecting employees. Inadequate training at many departments, leading to many mistakes and lost customers. High turnover at client services and kitchens nationwide. Many managers don't even know their job. In fact, too many managers and bosses, but no real leadership.

Advice to Management

The problem is management.

3. "Full time sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I worked at Air Culinaire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A paycheck on time.
    Health insurance.
    Owned by Universal Flight Services, Houston TX. Financially solid company.

Cons

Management is very disorganized and doesn't know what is really happening at other kitchen locations. Lack of effective communication between senior management, kitchen managers and other departments. No leadership. Management and most employees come from culinary and sales background and no aviation related experience.
    Universal treats this company like a spare tire.

Advice to Management

No advice to AC management, since they are along for the joy ride, but if Universal decides to make serious changes, the top 4 people including the CEO must go, along with an important percentage of employees who are also part of the tap dance.

5. "If you want to be paid 25-30% below market value, work here"

Former Employee - Account Manager in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in White Plains, NY

I worked at Air Culinaire full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you work as an on-site representative, you have great autonomy, however, you pay for that autonomy by losing some of the perks of working in the Tampa headquarters such as a free lunch each day and a gift at the holiday party.

Cons

You will be expected to put in long hours with no appreciation from management or the corporate office. The raise each year is minimal, doesn't keep up with inflation, and you are still underpaid for the market by 25-30%. I was there for a number of years and never received a bonus. I did receive a couple of gift cards the first 2 years I was there, but for the remaining 7, I received nothing. I was treated better by the customers, where I worked on-site, than by my employer.

Advice to Management

Make sure you pay your employees fairly. It's apparent that the heads of the company are making a killing, but like many other companies, the employees helping them make the money are not compensated according to their market value.

"not the best place to work"

Pros

free lunch, snacks ,drinks some times free take out food

Cons

to many hours to work in a single day sometimes is over 18 hours, managers treat you like s slave, they have no culture no values. top management people they only care about money, money, money, make me more money for us " they don't care if you have life outside if you sacrifices family time. they don't care if you work 24 hours straight because that's why you get pay for it.

Advice to Management

begins to worry about your employees who work hard to make your fill your pockets with more money. while you have other employees who make no sacrifice for you or your company.

"An Exceptional Group & Culture"

I have been working at Air Culinaire full-time

Pros

I've never met so many dedicated and sincere people in an International company! The camaraderie, support, brotherhood, passion and commitment to excellence is exceptional here. This business model isn't an easy one, which makes it all the more impressive that our 23 teams around the globe and 1600 production partners around the world are so deeply committed to our guests and clients success!

Cons

This is not for everyone...only those who love facing new challenges and opportunities every day! Our highly customized model of cuisine and concierge services makes this one of the most demanding categories of the hospitality/catering industry....and one of the most rewarding if you're the type that loves adventure and new!

Advice to Management

Continue to commit to training, developing and inspiring our teams as this is a very unique and demanding business model, and life-cycle management and development support will make this organization untouchable in the end!

"It's ok"

I worked at Air Culinaire full-time

Pros

Niche market for catering services

Cons

Poor schedules, no holidays off

9. "Expectations are not expected"

Former Employee - General Manager in San Bruno, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in San Bruno, CA

I worked at Air Culinaire (Less than a year)

Pros

free food. nice new stainless steel kitchen

Cons

Work 4 times the hours. and don't get over time.
    poorly and unsafe electrical work. to many systems to stay organized. plus 10 different softwares.

Advice to Management

Worst training and expectations

10. "Management"

Former Employee - Client Services in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Client Services in Tampa, FL

I worked at Air Culinaire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck. Free lunch.

Cons

Very disorganized. Senior Vice President has to suffer from CTE. The training for this company is non existent. Rips off their "valued customers" with their less the average product.

Advice to Management

Wouldn't matter. Senior management has their heads in the sand.

11. "My first job in Tampa"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Air Culinaire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great food, nice stuffs and great experience for learning about aviation filed.

Cons

I need to learn more customer service skills to make myself better to fit this job.