Air Liquide (USA) Reviews in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Air Liquide (USA) CEO John Buckley
John Buckley

Pros
  • Air Liquide also has a flex work schedule so it also allows you to have a work/life balance that meets your needs (in 26 reviews)

• good benefits and decent compensation (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance depends on the job and the organization you're in (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management does not seem to be able to plan for the longer term (in 12 reviews)

1. "Good employer for people willing to work hard"

Current Employee - R&D Scientist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - R&D Scientist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Air Liquide (USA) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable growth brings employees stable job. People are very friendly. A lot of people willing to work hard and efficiently.

Cons

Sometimes overtime work becomes common to catch deadlines. Professional development is not super favored by management due to cost in time and money.

Advice to Management

Support employees more in professional growth

2. "Great Opportunities in Various Fields"

Current Employee - ALLEX Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - ALLEX Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Air Liquide (USA) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Air Liquide offers opportunities in a variety of fields all over the globe. I personally love getting to travel and work in the different business entities of the company.

Cons

The recent acquisition of AirGas has caused some uncertainty within some departments. This only majorly effects Industrial Merchant, Healthcare, and some parts of Electronics however.

3. "Long time employee"

I have been working at Air Liquide (USA) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and company to work with. I've enjoyed my 30+ years.

Cons

There has been a lot of job stress with the new company transitions over the last 6 months.

Advice to Management

Keep in mind your employees are your number 1 asset.

5. "Air Liquide Electronics U.S. LP"

I have been working at Air Liquide (USA) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay, benefits and people

Cons

Corporate office not located in Dallas

6. "Engineering Intern"

Former Intern - Engineering Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Intern - Engineering Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Air Liquide (USA) as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

With three years of engineering education, Air Liquide’s internship program was the perfect opportunity to apply what I learned in class and to learn how engineering works in “real-life.” Air Liquide did not hesitate to teach me and the other interns about their many companies and really immersed us in their friendly, yet productive culture. Plant trips were organized for hands-on learning throughout the ten weeks, even including a day-long seminar. The highlight of Air Liquide for me was the company culture. As an intern, I was encouraged to speak up during meetings and voice my thoughts and questions, which is something that previous internships did not allow.

Cons

As an intern, I craved a little more responsibility in my daily tasks. While I had a few longer-term projects, there was still lots of idle time throughout my workdays. Additionally, communication from HR prior to starting the internship was quite late. There was very little time to arrange housing and travel plans between being informed of your assignment and actual start date.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management is to prepare for the arrival of eager interns a little more. An internship program with lots of participants is definitely desirable, but assuring a quality workload for each intern should also be a priority.

7. "Good company to work for!"

Former Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Air Liquide (USA) as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people
    Great company culture
    Great new hire rotational program
    Large variety of locations

Cons

Work can be boring and repetitive

Advice to Management

keep it up

"Ok."

Current Employee - Chemist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Chemist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Air Liquide (USA) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Nice coworkers. Safety culture is much better than many companies I worked at.

Cons

Insane workload and required amount of work hours. You cannot work 40 hours and be considered an acceptable worker.

"Intern 2014"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Air Liquide (USA) as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Allex program, Pretty good pay, potential for a meaningful internship, I knew of others that had a great experience, friendly coworkers, great work environment, almost always get an offer for a job as long as you still meet the school requirements

Cons

absolutely horrible HR Department, very unorganized internship process, no one from HR calls or emails you back and are quite rude in addition to their lack of ability to do their job, they do not care where you get places, it can be 800 miles from your home and there are no good suggestions for places to live

Advice to Management

Everything seemed to be very organized, itineraries, schedules, deadlines, etc, all set...however, none of it panned out. Many interns waiting 14 weeks + to receive their travel reimbursements. I personally fell through the cracks on several occasions and it is near impossible to bring it to their attention and get it fixed. Human Resources needs major improvements, the interns want to see an organized, hassle free program that they want to score a career at. They should be sold the program and impressed otherwise they will not draw impressive employees.

"Sales - Acocunt Manager - Review"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Air Liquide (USA) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Big Company, opporunities in the long run, good bennifits

Cons

Beware that AL is very process focused, to the point of frustration. We have very smart people here that like to make things very complicated and challenging for sales. AL does not utlize very much common sense when taking care if its customers and its employees sometimes. Makeing new sales is hard enough but then the real works begins, getting equipment, contract terms, and getting money approved for new equiment is very frustrating and takes months. Typically, when you gain a new piece of business, it takes 3-6, months before it is installed. Oh yea, you dont get commissions until its installed and the commission plan is extremely poor. A hell of a lot of work for very little money. So my best advise, negociate a salary that you are happy with because the average sales commissions per year are about 5% of salary. I am not kidding. I would say that the top 10% of AM's make over that, and even then its more like 10%. Please understand that and if you you are okay with that, then you will be fine.

Advice to Management

Appreciate, value, and take care of your sales people. We are on the front lines and without us, nobody has a paycheck.

11. "Great, but not much career development"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Air Liquide (USA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

International Company with lots of room to grow.

Cons

Waiting for people to retire until positions open