Air Wisconsin Airlines Pilot Reviews | Glassdoor

Christine Deister
  1. "Excellent Morel"

Current Employee - Pilot in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great morel Excellent bonuses Great crew environment

Cons

Limited crew bases Low first year pay

Advice to Management

Continue to improve the crew bases

Air Wisconsin Airlines2019-01-22

Air Wisconsin Airlines Response

January 22, 2019Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Welcome to the team!

2. "Pilot"

Former Employee - Pilot

I worked at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Usually flew with nice people

Cons

Junior manning virtually every rotation. Accepts more flying than it can handle.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2018-11-12

"Good company fallen on hard times"

Current Employee - Pilot in New York, NY

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines for more than 20 years

Pros

Small close-knit company with good employees and relatively good work environment. Good pay and excellent benefits at all levels. Company makes money and is financially stable at this time.

Cons

Contract with American Airlines (it's sole source of income ) ends in spring of 2018. So far no sign that company will continue flying beyond that point. Flying is being reduced rapidly mostly due to staffing issues. Most competing airlines have better pay at this time. Pilot and Flight Attendant contract negotiations have stalled out and company morale us at an all time low.

Advice to Management

Any sign from management that there is a future at Air Wisconsin Airlines would be welcome. Management has done nothing to prevent or stop the high rate of employees leaving the company (30-40 per month) and nothing to attract or retain new staff, pilots, or flight attendants.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2016-10-27

Air Wisconsin Airlines Response

October 28, 2016Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. As you know, this is a trying time for the airline industry as a whole. Leadership has been actively working to position us for a strong, healthy future. They don't want to officially make an announcement until plans are written in stone. We have every ...

"fa"

Current Employee - Pilot in Norfork Village, AR

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time

Pros

ok company to work for if you dont need bennefits

Cons

no bennefits bad pay bad mangers bad bases bad pdm

Advice to Management

no coments

Air Wisconsin Airlines2016-03-04

"Pilot"

Current Employee - Pilot in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines

Pros

Air Wisconsin has a very good contract. Good pay for its employees and even better medical insurance. Good variety of bases

Cons

Challenging sometimes to use our travel benefits. They are pretty useless. Very uncertain future past the year 2018 with American Airlines. If you aren't from the east coast, or live in one of our bases, commuting is tough.

Advice to Management

Try and tell us more about our future here past 2018

Air Wisconsin Airlines2016-03-11

"Good company and people"

Former Employee - Pilot in Washington, DC

I worked at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Great pay and benefits for a regional. Great people working here. A great history of stability in a very unstable industry, etc.

Cons

Headquarters is based away from the operation which sometimes makes things difficult with culture, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep pay standards industry leading to decrease turn over, keep hiring standards high, and hiring the very best in the regionals.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2015-10-27
    • "One of the best regional airlines to work for"

Current Employee - Pilot, First Officer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best pay and benefits of all the regional airlines Work rules in contract are pretty decent Good coworkers Lots of good discounts

Cons

Reserve rules are pretty brutal for new hires, especially if you commute Future after US Airways contract expires is unknown

Air Wisconsin Airlines2014-04-16
    • "Used to be better, now management only cares about the bottom line."

Current Employee - Pilot in New York, NY

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Great coworkers and one of the better pilot contracts in the industry make this a great place to start your airline career. There are a few that enjoy life here. 401(k) and medical are better than many large corporations (up to 9% company match)

Cons

Trips are rarely commutable on both ends, some not at all. Scheduling will work you to death if you're on reserve. 6-leg days and 8-10 hr overnights are standard. Management is never on your side, and will do and say what they must to save a dime. HQ is in northern WI, so don't expect anyone to know or understand what life is like on the line. They could care less.

Advice to Management

Try talking with the pilots more often. Get out of the office and spend more time on the road. If you staff an airline properly and take care of your employees they will take care of your company for you. That mentality seems to have been lost over the years.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2013-01-03
    • "In the dark about the future of the company"

Current Employee - Pilot in Washington, DC

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines

Pros

Health Insurance that is provided under union contract Staff in Appleton are friendly to work with Have always been paid ontime

Cons

Future Aging aircraft fleet Aligned with USAirways Company constantly blaming labor for lack of growth privately held company with no insight to future much better regionals to fly for

Advice to Management

Stop blaming employees as the issue for not being able to obtain new flying business. Use your employees to help grow the company.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2011-08-30

"Working as a first officer for Air Wisconsin Regional Airline"

Current Employee - Pilot, First Officer in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines

Pros

Great benefits Comparably good pay within the regional airline Good group of pilots and flight attendants I work with Schedules are bid through flica and are not Preferential Bidding (yet)

Cons

Schedule - So many of the schedules start early in the morning on day 1 of a trip and end late at night on the last day of the trip (not good for commuting, or enjoying time with your family). Sick calls may require a doctors note, especially on holiday weekends. Animosity between pilot group and management

Advice to Management

I wish we could trust you guys to the point of getting rid of the union. The union only serves to make your life more difficult with the constant bickering over stuff, but you've shown us that we really can't trust you (Example: Bob Frisch avoiding dues while claiming union member status).

Air Wisconsin Airlines2010-06-14