KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Air Wisconsin Airlines Reviews

Updated Jun 1, 2021

Found 208 of over 210 reviews

Air Wisconsin Airlines President and CEO Robert Binns (no image)
Robert Binns
Pros
  • "I think we have a very competitive benefits package and take every opportunity to use my flight benefits(in 19 reviews)

• "Great company but this is a regional company with small planes(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay for the level of responsibility(in 17 reviews)

• "only one aircraft type, pay sucks, locations suck flight benefits suck(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great company

Oct 15, 2020 - Maintenance Training Manager in Appleton, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone matters. Each person is treated as an important part.

Cons

Run like a small company even though it is fairly large.

Social Media Manager

Air Wisconsin leadership believes that every person makes a difference in the Company and reiterates that often in communications. It's wonderful to know the message is coming through loud and clear. Thank you for sharing!

2. 4.0

Company Review

May 24, 2021 - Pilot
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive Salary, good work schedule

Cons

Poor communication with pilots and other departments

Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're proud to offer excellent work rules, a competitive salary, and the best health benefits in the regional industry. We also know that we have room to improve. Communication is definitely a priority for leadership. We also welcome suggestions. If you have ideas on how to improve departmental communication, please share them with your supervisor or a leader.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great start for a flight attendant carreer

Apr 27, 2021 - Flight Attendant in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a small company so it's easier to get to know everyone and easier to get a hold of management.

Cons

Sometimes we are short staffed. Since it's so small it get "clique-y"

Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We're not sure what type of concern you're referring to in your review, but we do take employee concerns very seriously. We actively encourage and expect all employees to immediately report any safety concerns using the Safety Concern Report located on the portal's Safety page or using another method. Additionally, Employee Relations is always available to help, and all employees have access to our Employee Hotline. The hotline is confidential and easy to use, allowing any employee to report suspicious, unethical, or concerning behavior. Please reach out to the appropriate channel with more information.

4. 1.0

Don't do it.

May 12, 2021 - Aircraft Mechanic, A&P in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Union sets the pay so they can't pay you less for being female or not liking you. The medical benefits for now are amazing.

Cons

Union so they rarely fire people that they should. The management right now is driving all the experienced mechanics to quit. The morale in the hanger is the lowest I've seen it in my time with the company.

1 person found this review helpful

Social Media Manager

We're troubled by your review and encourage you to reach out to Employee Relations with your concerns. Leadership does value employees, and if there is an issue with someone on the management team, we need to know about it. Please also know that we are actively working to improve morale. We want every employee to enjoy coming to work and love being a part of the company.

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Horrendous

Jun 1, 2021 - Flight Attendant in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers Inflight training instructors were incredible

Cons

Run the reserves into the ground Not supported by management Planes are old causing frequent maintenance delays Everything is outdated from paper FAMs to aircraft interior Poor destinations Crew sched shows no empathy and treats you like a number Pay is inhumane and forces you to live in poverty. I am not exaggerating. Frequently having long sits between flights

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Strong, friendly, and a name before a number!

Apr 15, 2021 - Pilot
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and bonuses, best instructors, take the time to teach, kept their employees through pandemic!

Cons

None I can think of!

Social Media Manager

Thanks for the wonderful feedback!

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

still waiting for a contract

Apr 12, 2021 - Crew Chief in Appleton, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overtime is as much as you want

Cons

the pay is pathetic for and airline

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good people Bad management

Apr 28, 2021 - Crew Chief in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

The union employees are great too work with and learning one airplane type is easy.

Cons

Bad management, no communication, terrible pay

9. 3.0

Review

Mar 23, 2021 - Flight Attendant in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Travel, Health Benefits, Fellow Employees

Cons

Travel benefits are nonexistent sometimes, base pay is literally poverty pay

Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We love that you enjoy your coworkers and company benefits. Leisure travel has been challenging during the pandemic with the reduced number of flights. However, like you, we're thrilled to see travel demand increase as more people get vaccinated and more flights are added.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee

A lot of work, very little pay.

Feb 12, 2021 - Flight Attendant in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you want to fly, see the world and call yourself a flight attendant.

Cons

Working alone as the only flight attendant and going to the same places maybe 3-4x a month.

Social Media Manager

Due to our aircraft's size, only one Flight Attendant is on each flight. It's true; our crew members frequently visit the same cities on a trip. This is because regional airlines like Air Wisconsin connect United's hubs with smaller towns. Think of it like a wheel with spokes. Major cities like Chicago are at the center of the wheel, and we bring passengers to/from the surrounding towns. The good news is that you can bid for the base and trips you want based on seniority. Thanks for your review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 208 Reviews