Air Wisconsin Airlines Reviews | Glassdoor

Air Wisconsin Airlines Reviews

Found 170 reviews

3.4
Christine Deister

"Awsome company to work for."

Current Employee - N/A in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Benefits, overtime pay, vacation time, and sick time are some of if not the best in the regional air carrier industry.

Cons

Certain members in management dont know what they are doing...they have bean counters trying to save the company money which in turn affects the way we can do our jobs and also affects our quality of life.

Advice to Management

Speak with your maintenance department before making financial decisions since they clearly dont know what it takes to get an airplane fixed and out the door. When mechanics quality of life are affected they loose motivation. Then you loose mechanics.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2018-04-18

April 19, 2018Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It has been shared with leadership. We want to encourage you to share your ideas with management. The company values your insights and any employee idea that can help improve our operation.

"Air Wisconsin Flight Attendant"

I worked at Air Wisconsin Airlines

Pros

Fantastic crews, good hotels, some oevernights are lengthy, only have to worry about yourself as you are the only flight attendant. Pay is ok for a regional.

Cons

Very long days, crew scheduling tends to bend the truth often, you are responsible for catering your own aircraft and sometimes they bring it to you while the passengers are boarding, old crj 200 airplanes. Training could be a little better. Sometimes there can be many plane swaps in a day with very little time to do them.

Advice to Management

Management is pretty good, actually, no real complaints. I would ask though that you be more stern about other flight attendants leaving dirty airplanes for their co-workers.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2018-02-13

February 13, 2018Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing your insights with us. We are always looking for ways to improve. Your comments have been sent to management.

"Aircraft technician"

Current Employee - Crew Chief in Phila, PA

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The people I worked with in PHL

Cons

The cost of medical insurance, low pay , the way management has treated the closure of bases

Advice to Management

Take a good look in the mirror, you are bleeding experienced workers. This was a good place to work, now they contract out our work to 3 scab bases and threaten us with more.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2018-02-10

February 13, 2018Social Media Manager

We never want to disrupt the lives of our employees. Unfortunately, our change in partnership means a change in our footprint resulting in the movement of some of our bases.

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time

Pros

Work independently with the Knowledge and experience the Company hired me for to be an asset with them. its been a great 8 years.

Cons

like any position.... there is a time for a break and a time to concentrate on your work. a good balance!

Advice to Management

Be good to your employees as if they were your own. They are your most valuable asset.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2018-01-16

January 16, 2018Social Media Manager

Thank you for being a part of our team for the last 8 years! We are always looking for ways to improve as a company. We appreciate the feedback.

"Air Wisconsin Pilot"

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time

Pros

Better than industry average benefits.

Cons

Lags competitors in pay. Hostile management environment.

Advice to Management

Sign a new contract with the pilots!

Air Wisconsin Airlines2017-12-28

January 11, 2018Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are proud to have the benefits in the regional industry. Negotiations are underway. We hope to have a resolution soon.

Current Employee - International Flight Attendant in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great benefits, good pay, diverse, able to use my bilingual skills.

Cons

Very stressful, difficult work schedules, have to commute.

Advice to Management

Better work schedules, more considerate to employees, better pay.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2018-01-16

January 22, 2018Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve as a company.

"Best Regional in the industry."

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company has the best family vibe ever. They know how to treat eachother with respect. Love every min I work.

Cons

Crew scheduling will definitely mess with you so just know your contract and stand up for what you know is correct.

Advice to Management

Let's get some EMB175!! To replace our older aircraft.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2017-11-15

November 21, 2017Social Media Manager

We know Flight Attendants don’t have an easy job and neither do Crew Schedulers. It’s their duty to make sure that every flight is properly staffed to protect our operation, so they do call to ask Flight Attendants who can work if they are willing to pick up flights as needed. Thank ...

"Unfortunate experience , be careful !"

I worked at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time

Pros

Travel benefits and a nice crew lounge in PHL.

Cons

Management didn't work with employees who became sick while on probation. Even after telling that employee that "Air Wisconsin will work with you based on the situation." Employee had a Doctor's note explaining the health condition. Employee still terminated.

Advice to Management

Stand by what you say to employees. Sometimes things happen beyond a person's control.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2017-12-24

December 27, 2017Social Media Manager

It’s our goal for every employee to love coming to work and to feel like part of a family. That doesn’t seem like the case here, and we’re sorry to hear that. We wish you the best with future endeavors.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, team work, down to earth coworkers no matter their position

Cons

Closing domiciles leaves no room for expansion as a commuter. Commuting is hard but there are no closer bases for me

Advice to Management

Encourage opening domiciles in lower US states

Air Wisconsin Airlines2017-11-13

November 13, 2017Social Media Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to review us and share your experiences with potential candidates. You should be happy to know that we are looking into opening another domicile near one of our maintenance hangars.

"Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time

Pros

I have worked at Air Wisconsin in a non-union position for many years. I've worked in several positions and feel I've always had an opportunity to advance. I like the small company feel but enjoy my big company benefits. I think we have a very competitive benefits package and take every opportunity to use my flight benefits.

Cons

I have none to report

Advice to Management

Thanks for working hard to keep us in business. I know it's a challenging industry to be competitive in.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2017-11-09

January 11, 2018Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback!

Found 170 reviews