Air Wisconsin Airlines "crew scheduling" Reviews | Glassdoor

Air Wisconsin Airlines Employee Reviews about "crew scheduling"

Found 170 reviews

3.4
Christine Deister
Pros
  • "I think we have a very competitive benefits package and take every opportunity to use my flight benefits(in 19 reviews)

• "One flight attendant per plane, if you like working alone(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "The cost of medical insurance, low pay , the way management has treated the closure of bases(in 11 reviews)

• "Small aircraft, reserve sucks depending on base(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "crew scheduling"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Starting Company"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Small Company Everyone knows each other One flight attendant per plane, if you like working alone. Well Maintained Planes Easy Training Good Working Environment Great Crews

Cons

Management can be troublesome and disagreeable after probation (they are very helpful and friendly during probation, but seem to lose interest after) If you have bills and expenses, you CAN NOT live off the base salary. Management is very closed minded and not open to new/next generation ideas. Planes are very very small, not ideal for taller individuals. Crew Scheduling...

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2019-04-17

"Air Wisconsin Flight Attendant"

I worked at Air Wisconsin Airlines

Pros

Fantastic crews, good hotels, some oevernights are lengthy, only have to worry about yourself as you are the only flight attendant. Pay is ok for a regional.

Cons

Very long days, crew scheduling tends to bend the truth often, you are responsible for catering your own aircraft and sometimes they bring it to you while the passengers are boarding, old crj 200 airplanes. Training could be a little better. Sometimes there can be many plane swaps in a day with very little time to do them.

Advice to Management

Management is pretty good, actually, no real complaints. I would ask though that you be more stern about other flight attendants leaving dirty airplanes for their co-workers.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2018-02-13

February 13, 2018Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing your insights with us. We are always looking for ways to improve. Your comments have been sent to management.

"Best Regional in the industry."

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company has the best family vibe ever. They know how to treat eachother with respect. Love every min I work.

Cons

Crew scheduling will definitely mess with you so just know your contract and stand up for what you know is correct.

Advice to Management

Let's get some EMB175!! To replace our older aircraft.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2017-11-15

November 21, 2017Social Media Manager

We know Flight Attendants don’t have an easy job and neither do Crew Schedulers. It’s their duty to make sure that every flight is properly staffed to protect our operation, so they do call to ask Flight Attendants who can work if they are willing to pick up flights as needed. Thank ...

"Stay AWAY"

I worked at Air Wisconsin Airlines

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

Management poorly managed, crew scheduling doesn't know what they;re doing.

Advice to Management

If you dismiss an employee, let them know why. Also no flying contract after 2018 what's going on? I'd highly recommend you staying away from this airline.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2016-08-04

"Racist IN-Flight Department"

I worked at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health Benefits- lots of work from crew scheduling because there is a high turnover rate- Good luck!

Cons

Blatant racism toward AA women. The manager tends to ignore minorities and belittle them. No help for women of Color with a personal crisis. This has been experienced by many minorities. HR and Training FA Management are frauds. Dirty planes. Old planes. Lost contracts with decent hotels because they ate cheap and don't want to pay.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate the many complaints you have received and remove these people. Treat all employees fairly. Give facts to your employees and let them know about the future plans without a contract from American. Upgrade your old planes and tell the truth that you don't have 71 CRJ 200 in your fleet. CEO, VP and In-flight Training Needs to care about their employees.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2016-07-18

April 3, 2017Social Media Manager

We are shocked to read your review. We encourage all of our employees to bring concerns to their supervisors and to keep moving up the ladder if need be to find a resolution; we hope you did this. That kind of behavior is unacceptable. One of the best things about the aviation industry ...

"Great company"

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Appleton, WI

I worked at Air Wisconsin Airlines

Pros

Wonderful staff great pay great benefits fair schedules saw many changes over my years company grew opportunities changed. Overall great place to work

Cons

Crew scheduling was a bit messed up at times. Left due to domicile closing was sad to leave company has evolved.

Advice to Management

Step away from your desks more often and see what your employees are up to. Training was awesome felt I was up to date on policy and company changes.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2015-11-29

"Flight Attendat"

I worked at Air Wisconsin Airlines

Pros

Great Regional Airline to work for starting out in the industry. Great Inflight Manager (ORF) and most of the time great crew

Cons

Crew Scheduling can be awful at times though I realize their job is hard too. Stop doing revengeful times to your crewmembers and maybe you can get things done better.

Advice to Management

Management was not bad but if you want to keep flight attendants I suggest you listen and resolve matters in a timely manner and act like you care

Air Wisconsin Airlines2015-09-25

"No future, get out as soon as you can."

Former Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Air Wisconsin Airlines part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Coworkers were very knowledgeable and fun to work with. Usually a pretty decent amount of down time when schedules are running on time and there's enough coverage for shifts. The job made me figure out where I wanted to go with my career, and the flight benefits were nice.

Cons

The required union, the limited hours, confusing pay scales, and pay cuts will not allow you to make a living off of this job. Getting a full time position is near impossible if you're starting out as a station agent. Even with attempts to go into different fields of operations, such as Crew Scheduling or Dispatch, the corporate offices do not want to hire within, no matter how...

Advice to Management

I don't believe there's any fixing this company. If you want to make some last ditch attempts, hire firm but compassionate Regional Managers, because currently they're doing more harm than good. Build your reputation for hiring within the company.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2014-08-14
  9. "Reserve flight attendant abuse!"

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great travel benefits, if you can get the days off to use them. If you are a flight attendant that means finding someone to swap with , if you are on reserve an that is close to impossible, because if you find someone, them crew scheduling normally denies the trade !

Cons

As a reserve flight attendant I routinely worked all 6 days of reserve averaging 12-13 hr days if you were lucky! However that was the duty time! Lots of wasted unpaid time sitting at airports for 4 hrs normally waiting on aircraft etc!

Advice to Management

Build more lines into the schedule so a reserve F/a has a chance of becoming a lineholder before they are burned out from 5-6 legs per day and also excessive aircraft swaps most days! Once I did 5 legs, with 5 different crews and aircraft, now that abuse!

Air Wisconsin Airlines2013-09-07