Air Wisconsin Airlines "place to start" Reviews | Glassdoor

Air Wisconsin Airlines Employee Reviews about "place to start"

Found 170 reviews

3.4
Christine Deister
Pros
  • "I think we have a very competitive benefits package and take every opportunity to use my flight benefits(in 19 reviews)

• "One flight attendant per plane, if you like working alone(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "The cost of medical insurance, low pay , the way management has treated the closure of bases(in 11 reviews)

• "Small aircraft, reserve sucks depending on base(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "place to start"

Return to all Reviews

"Good benefits, welcoming and friendly co-workers and management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time

Pros

Good benefits, welcoming and friendly co-workers and management. Good place to start if you're looking to start a new career in the airline industry.

Cons

Non-traditional hours can be hard to adjust to at first.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2017-11-02

Air Wisconsin Airlines Response

November 3, 2017Social Media Manager

Welcoming and friendly—two words we are overjoyed to hear. Thank you for taking the time to submit this review and for your year of service. Welcome to airline industry! P.S. Don’t worry. Eventually, you’ll learn all the acronyms.

• "glass half empty"

Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Its a good place to start and the expectations are not too high cause of the high turnover

Cons

If you are a glass half empty type of person, all the negative rumors about the future and quality of airline will drive you crazy after a while

Advice to Management

owners just want to make money and minimize risk. What advice would they listen to?

Air Wisconsin Airlines2016-05-18
    • "I met some life long friends there and I did learn a lot."

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Dulles, VA

I worked at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

The best gate agents ever and Customer Service Managers are fair. Most everyone is helpful and understands that it is a tough job. If this is your first job in aviation, it's the best place to start. You will learn everything and will be able to get a job anywhere.

Cons

The administration, payroll employees as well as department heads are very lazy, rude and disrespectful to employees. On payday they will make the employees wait for hours outside their door before they will give them their paycheck while on the inside laughing about it. Upper management doesn't care. (I know, I've seen it many times.)

Advice to Management

They don't listen or care for constructive criticism. They think their always right, that's why United didn't renew their contract.......

Air Wisconsin Airlines2013-06-23
    • "Used to be better, now management only cares about the bottom line."

Current Employee - Pilot in New York, NY

I have been working at Air Wisconsin Airlines full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Great coworkers and one of the better pilot contracts in the industry make this a great place to start your airline career. There are a few that enjoy life here. 401(k) and medical are better than many large corporations (up to 9% company match)

Cons

Trips are rarely commutable on both ends, some not at all. Scheduling will work you to death if you're on reserve. 6-leg days and 8-10 hr overnights are standard. Management is never on your side, and will do and say what they must to save a dime. HQ is in northern WI, so don't expect anyone to know or understand what life is like on the line. They could care less.

Advice to Management

Try talking with the pilots more often. Get out of the office and spend more time on the road. If you staff an airline properly and take care of your employees they will take care of your company for you. That mentality seems to have been lost over the years.

Air Wisconsin Airlines2013-01-03