KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

AirHelp

Is this your company?

AirHelp

Add a Review

AirHelp Employee Reviews about "berlin office"

Updated Nov 12, 2019

Found 3 of over 108 reviews

3.2
AirHelp CEO Jimmy Maymann
Jimmy Maymann
Pros
  • "Great people and a lot of freedom on how to approach your work(in 12 reviews)

• "AirHelp was flexible in some ways and offered a reasonable work/life balance for most of its employees(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "free lunches(in 3 reviews)

• "They took away all of our perks but kept their extremely expensive Berlin office full of chandeliers and marble tables(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "berlin office"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Current Employee

This company is moving backwards, beware!

Nov 12, 2019 - Marketing in Berlin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people - many of which are leaving or getting fired with no notice despite positive performance reviews.

Cons

* When the new CEO refers to recent hires with, "We opened the door and let anyone in", you get a feel of how much this company values the employees that work hard to contribute to the growth of the company. * Although they just fired a bunch of people and chose not to renew the contracts of many they're still hiring and promoting people - the difference is those people are white and predominantly male. In all of upper management there's one non white person and two non male persons, that's incredibly alarming in almost 2020. * All of the perks that the company sold the staff on: free lunches, free snacks, flexible work schedule, ability to work from home, fun & progressive company that "cares" about it's staff and customers does not exist. They took away all of our perks but kept their extremely expensive Berlin office full of chandeliers and marble tables. * There's no room for growth. They don't invest in their employees. Instead of compensating you for the work you do and training you on new skills, they get rid of you for a "better fit". There are rarely raises, no bonuses, and no career paths. If you're considering a job here, you will be working under a dictator dead set on living in the past plus they want you to have years of experience but pay you minimum wage (sometimes even below). Berlin is a progressive place full of forward thinkers, try to find work elsewhere.

19 people found this review helpful

Community Manager

Hi, we're sorry to hear you are having such a bad experience with us, whilst we wouldn't agree that we have a "dictator", we're eager to hear more of your experience and rectify any issues, reach out to us at employee-feedback@airhelp.com

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

toxic

Sep 19, 2019 - Marketing Manager in Berlin
      Business Outlook

Pros

free healthy lunch. most people are nice and come from different countries.

Cons

toxic environment. the berlin office is not a good work environment: loud, not ergonomic, you don't have your own space to work. no transparency in communication of decisions. no real career development, unless you just started your career.

21 people found this review helpful

Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're sorry to hear about your bad experiences, but we're always working on improving our processes. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any more feedback please contact us at employee-feedback@airhelp.com.

3. The latest conversations about Tech

Current Employee, less than 1 year

A startup that cares

Jun 19, 2017 - Country Manager in Berlin
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working for AirHelp. I have worked for other Berlin startups, and from mine and my friends' experience, it is so difficult to find a company that care about your well-being and your rights. I feel truly like I matter, at AirHelp. AirHelp also gives a lot of possibility for development opportunities. I have learned a tremendous amount since I started, almost half a year ago. I have already recommended the company to all my friends, so let me recommend it to you too!

Cons

The only negative thing at the moment is that the Berlin office is getting too small.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

HR Specialist

Great to hear that people talk about our company in such kind words. This is the primary goal for us! Regarding your advice, when the company grows so fast, so does the needed space. We understand the problem and our space management works on making the offices as comfortable as people expect.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews