KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

AirHelp

Is this your company?

AirHelp

Add a Review

AirHelp Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Nov 8, 2020

Found 12 of over 108 reviews

3.2
AirHelp CEO Jimmy Maymann
Jimmy Maymann
Pros
  • "Great people and a lot of freedom on how to approach your work(in 12 reviews)

• "AirHelp was flexible in some ways and offered a reasonable work/life balance for most of its employees(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "free lunches(in 3 reviews)

• "They took away all of our perks but kept their extremely expensive Berlin office full of chandeliers and marble tables(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

1y

a

Sales Engineer

179 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee

If you enjoy your sanity then avoid working here

Oct 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and co-workers to collaborate with. Working in travel industry is fun and exciting. Some opportunities to try new things and learn new skills.

Cons

There are so many it's hard to figure out where to even start. While Airhelp has some great and talented people working there, there are also a lot of bad apples in positions of power who are toxic which filters down to everyone else and creates a long-term volatile work environment. There is no structure and it is pure chaos a lot of the time with no management, mentoring and direction. There is no long term vision for the company other than to drive short term claim growth which makes it hard to see a future or understand how you make an impact. They also have no interest in treating employees with dignity and respect and developing them for future professional growth. There is little room for upward movement even if you perform above expectations in your role. To get anything substantial done requires so much red tape and bureaucracy that most projects take months of wasteful extra work or completely fall apart in the end. Overall people are underpaid, undervalued and underappreciated and that is why people will continue to frequently come and go, which leaves everyone else leftover with a sense of uneasiness and instability purporting a never-ending cycle of insecurity and overall job dissatisfaction. On top of all of that, the company has an inherent gender discrimination problem where women are overlooked for promotions which are given to men less qualified. Even the few women that are in positions of power always play second fiddle to men in similar roles and their opinions matter less to top management simply because they are women not because they are less experienced or don't have valid arguments. The type of sexism I encountered in my own role was not as severe as what higher up managers had to face, yet even I was shocked at how often my voice and opinions were disregarded over male colleagues who were less experienced or less prepared in meetings.

29 people found this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Former Contractor, more than 3 years

Once a great place to work, now with an uncertain future

Nov 8, 2020 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Good practices enforced in software development. No overtime even for projects with deadlines. Helpful software managers. Opportunities to ask questions to the management. Feedback loops within teams. Scrum works well. Product tries to be data-driven and iterative in their initiatives.

Cons

Business plan doesn't work really well in COVID times and that's the reason of group layoffs this year. Many of the ones who left at AirHelp are looking for a new job. Product vision inertia long before COVID (doing basically the same thing and expecting different results). Close-to-zero users retention. Some projects were validated too late and were/are conducted based on assumptions and gut feelings. Software development team split between offices in Kraków and Gdańsk, while many Product people are working in Berlin.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good for students

Aug 5, 2020 - Junior Air Claim Specialist With English in Gdańsk
      Business Outlook

Pros

- nice office location - great people

Cons

- salary - no development potential - not stable (Corona virus)

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

OK

Mar 25, 2020 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

great people and work environment social events various interesting projects genuinely helping people

Cons

engineering team split into 2 locations

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

Feb 21, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and a lot of freedom on how to approach your work. Definitely a great place to learn and improve your skills.

Cons

Not for people who don't like changes.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Recent changes are for the better

Nov 14, 2019 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic mission Great people Truly international Exciting challenges Possibility to build something unique

Cons

Sometimes grows a little too fast Different cultures in different offices

AirHelp Response

Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your view. Change is always a challenge, it's encouraging to see so many AirHelpers embracing it!

7. 3.0
      Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Quite challenging workplace and great people

Dec 6, 2019 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with, at least in software engineering department. Looks like new CEO has some ideas how to improve the company overall and tries to fix it in the roots.

Cons

Some problems with communication between teams and departments can be spotted. Benefits like lunches were revoked, but I guess that's something that should happen when company has some trouble.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The most unique company I have worked for.

Jul 9, 2019 - Manager in Gdańsk
      Business Outlook

Pros

positive, international energy, great offices, one of the most important thing for is the fact that AirHelp has his purpose that is visible and real on a daily basis. Glad that we have so many great people in different department that are taking care of the customer satisfaction (from direct support through applications/tools that help speed up the process of the getting the compensation)

Cons

people not appreciating what the company does for them, sometimes the changes are very rapid, but, everyone knows that with such a fast growth, it cannot be different.

AirHelp Response

Community Manager

We're happy to hear that you love working at AirHelp! If you have any more feedback, feel free to reach out to your HR business partner.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

For me AirHelp means home.

May 11, 2018 - Air Claim Specialist (Claim Assessment) in Gdańsk
      Business Outlook

Pros

After reading the previous opinion about AirHelp I decided to write something and don't let people from outside of our company think, that we work 'in a mess' or we are 'slaves'. No one asked me to write this opinion, don't think I'm trying to save a reputation of AirHelp. I just couldn't believe how unthankful people can be and decided to share my internal opinion about my company. What do I like at AirHelp? 1. Atmosphere is amazing. I've never met such a big amount of great people in the same place before. I don't know a single person who wakes up in the morning and thinking 'I hate my job'. Maybe there are some, but for sure not around me. I wake up every single morning with feeling that I'm taking a walk from one home to another. At AirHelp you can change your shoes for slippers, make yourself a cup of amazing coffee or a glass of fresh, orange juice and enjoy your day with an amazing view sitting with your MacBook Air on a comfortable couch and work. This is how an usual day at AirHelp looks like for me. Are 'slaves' spending time this way? I don't think so! I can proudly say where and for who I work. People I know are asking me for recommendations after listening about my life at AirHelp. It means something. Additionally - from my personal experience - people are always willing to help one another. Even if something bad happened at work or in your personal life you can always rely on your workmates and also your direct manager, who will do his or her best to help you. Another thing: do you need a break for a cigarette? Took 40 minutes of break instead of 30? Oh no! And what now?! Extra hours at the office? One on one meeting with your direct manager? OF COURSE NOT. We are only humans and people here know about it very well. 2. Work is not extremely difficult. At AirHelp we have a great group of training buddies, who make AirHelp a great place to work at the very beginning of the journey. They prepare you really well to your job and even if after some time you're not sure what to do, you will always find a support! You have a training for some time: what if you're not a brilliant employee after 3 weeks? They will keep training you until you'll be ready to work in your team! After some time everyone knows his or her tasks well. 3 and very important: NO ONE WILL FIRE YOU AFTER YOUR FIRST WEEKS BECAUSE YOU MAKE MISTAKES! I was not a perfect employee after one or 2 months, but I've met people who patiently took a place by my side and was explaining me some unintelligible things! 4. AirHelp gives us some extra benefits. Since I've started work for my current employer many things changed for better. At the beginning I received MultisportPlus card and all the medical stuff to Medicover, but now we can also choose some empik vouchers or tickets to the cinema. 5. Team leaders: since I came to AirHelp I had two and both are a great guys. With my current team leader we cooperate for over one year and can't imagine to have a better boss in the future. HE CARES, not yelling even when I make mistakes, smiles a lot and what's the most important: at work you can absolutely trust him. He gives us a sense of responsibility and makes us work hard, but never harder than possible. 6. Your work makes you bored? You can always talk to your direct manager and ask for changing your team. I know people who were working for Claim Assessment, Airline Relations or Language Group and moved to Design, Product, Payouts or IT! If you're good at something, they will notice it and want you there. 7. Where's a work there's a money. After raises I can not complain. Why don't I? Because I respect AirHelp for giving me a chance and employing me, giving me a possibility for a better start. Now, after over one year I earn a fair money for a fair job I do every single day. Moreover, I'm not going to leave! Because at AirHelp I feel home, what's more important than 400 or 500pln more at some other company. You, who was writing that 'AirHelp is a mess' and called yourself and other employees 'slaves' - whoever you are: if you hate this place you can always quit instead of destroying atmosphere inside of the company. Even if it's just my point of view I highly believe my opinion will change your opinion about AirHelp. Thanks for reading it all:)

Cons

Before raises yes, you'd find a place at some other company around where they'd offer you more money. Procedures change very often.

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

It's a startup FFS

May 23, 2018 - Anonymous Contractor in Gdańsk
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great working environment -Great people -Meaningful work -Open to your ideas -Competent leadership (in IT, were I work, can't attest to how it is in other departments) -Changing the world - seriously, I feel great wherever I fly somewhere, see how the airlines approach to customers changed, because of the work Airhelp does -Management is open and transparent, about the company's direction and goals -Everyone is approachable - you want to chat with your CTO or one of the VPs? You just do. No holy cows here -Kickass new office (Gdansk) -Company started appreciating and focusing on its employees a lot over the past year - still has some way to go, but I can see a lot of good decisions and I know more are on the way

Cons

-No real raises. What you negotiate is pretty much what you get, with small changes, even as you climb the ladder. Not that they pay that bad, its just you can get a feeling, that your personal development doesn't necessary translate to your remuneration -Still has some way to go in terms of employee benefits and all the other"employer branding" stuff -Workload can be really overwhelming at times

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews