Airbnb Reviews in Singapore | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Airbnb CEO & Co-Founder Brian Chesky
Brian Chesky

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance can be tough but you have to know this going into the role (in 42 reviews)

• Company is getting bigger - therefore growing pains (transparency etc) (in 22 reviews)

1. "Transformative company with amazing culture that pushes one beyond their comfort zone."

I have been working at Airbnb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+Culture is one of a kind at Airbnb. Great culture and generally a pleasant place to be.
    +Colleagues are passionate, intelligent, creative and inspiring.
    +It is rewarding see the experiences, relationships, and opportunities impacted Airbnb hosts and guests around the world in positive ways.
    + The benefits and perks are the best you'll find.
    +They are tackling work life balance, workplace satisfaction, and personal growth in a really focused way.

Cons

Because the growth of the company is so accelerated , it can sometimes be demanding on your time and a challenge to juggle everything.

2. "High level of transparency (and trust) makes Airbnb a great place to work."

Current Employee - Partnership Specialist in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Partnership Specialist in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Airbnb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ Effective communication between upper management and the entire company
    + Feel empowered in my role
    + Founders and e-staff really care

Cons

+ For smaller offices, career growth and opportunity might be limited

Advice to Management

Recognize good behaviors that are in lined with culture. But make sure the ones that damage the culture are treated or removed in a respectful manner.

3. "Best job in the word!"

I have been working at Airbnb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working on a dynamic atmosphere
    Good perks, travelling, pool, ping pong table, nice office
    Working with really smart people
    Gym and swimming pool
    Weekly Happy hours

Cons

Not many perks as other Airbnb locations no food program in Singapore

Hyper hiring and hyper Growing environment where sometimes the culture is lost due to this growth

Easy to get distracted at the office and not flexible compare to other Airbnb locations as in Europe where working from home is allowed

Advice to Management

Don't let the growing affect the culture. Allow working from home to be productive as other good companies do.

5. "Social Media Specialist"

Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Social Media Specialist in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Airbnb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Best benefits (welfare, gym, lunch)
    + Travel coupons
    + Awesome office area
    + Brand new office supplies
    + Open culture
    + Flexible schedules
    + Get to visit/exchange to other offices around the world

Cons

- Startup culture in APAC
    - Lack of communication amongst the leads

Advice to Management

Loving the news the Executive Staff shares with staff every week

"Best place to work in the world!"

Current Employee - CX Specialist in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - CX Specialist in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Airbnb full-time

Pros

- Be part of a fast growing, fast changing company that has an amazing ambition both for their users and their employee, and the means to reach their goals
    - great employee experience, amazing office space and benefits
    - great environment to work in, with a strong culture of belonging
    - visible efforts made at all level to promote employee development

Cons

Can't find any! Best job ever!

7. "Exciting, fast moving, challenging and inspiring!"

Current Employee - Manager in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Manager in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Airbnb full-time

Pros

- Working with people that have the same goal, a clear vision and mission.
    - Multi cultural, diverse and interesting.
    - You feel like you are part of something big.
    - Empowering Founders that practice what they preach.
    - You feel like you are actually moving the needle every day, making an impact to this company that you truly believe in.

Cons

- For me, being with a fast moving organisation is a definite plus, though I can see this being a challenging place to work if you are used to a perfectly structured 9 to 5 place work environment. You have to live love and breathe Airbnb.

"A DREAM COME TRUE!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Airbnb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Inspiring vision & mission
    2. Meaningful work, we are changing lives everyday with what we do!
    3. Our founders walk the talk, they are the living examples of what they preach!
    4. Great products, I fall in love working with it everyday!
    5. What you do matters regardless of what roles you play and its valued by people
    6. Lots of appreciation, pat on the shoulders, high fives, warm hugs!
    7. Engaging & hospitable culture - one of our core values, BE A HOST!
    8. Fun place to work ❤️
    9. Great learning platform
    10. The sky is the limit!
    11. Open & communicative environment
    12. A lot of heart and soul, human touches in everything we do!
    13. Teamwork is evident ( not a make believe)
    14. You can be yourself, just the way you are!
    15. Mega flexibility at work

Cons

1. Young leadership - needs to work on coaching leaders to be more effective in coaching and leading individuals
    2. Growing pains, rapid changes and it can happen daily but if you love challenges, this is the place to work!
    3. A need to Tighten internal communications between teams to foster clearer directions and stronger partnerships

Advice to Management

1. Leadership coaching
    2. Safe guard our amazing culture

9. "“You're not just an employee, you're family ”"

I have been working at Airbnb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TL,DR; Perks're good, people and company are amazing.

What sets Airbnb apart isn't just the fast growth, great perks, or compensation; it's the amazing people you get to work with. As a company we strongly recruit based on our 6 company values and it shows; all day and in any office around the world you will be surrounded by the most passionate and intelligent people, all of whom have a common goal. People live the company values daily and are generally pretty damn awesome. Management are generally on point, and the super flat structure means you never have to "fear authority". Creativity and entrepreneurship are highly prized and you're free to grab a good idea and run with it as far as you can take it. The founders and executive staff are great folks and the best possible people for the job. Airbnb is also very supportive of employees in terms of personal time, growth and development, family commitments etc. Everyone gets access to tasty, healthy food throughout the day.

Cons

Compensation in global offices is not competitive compared to HQ, both in base and equity. The disparity between HQ and global comp is quite significant. There's also a disconnect sometimes between HQ and most of the global teams.

Lots of growing pains, especially in APAC - Career growth options are fuzzy, compensation may not always be regionally competitive compared to peer companies, managers may sometimes not be as well-prepared for their roles as they could be. Work-life balance can be difficult for some employees to achieve (though personally I have not faced this yet). All these are being addressed right from the top and improvements are already rolling out.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do best, and never forget where we came from as a company; 8 years ago none of this existed. Continue to listen to the folks on the ground, and it'll all be okay. Thank you for building Airbnb.

"A Passionate, Committed & Inspiring Family!"

I have been working at Airbnb full-time

Pros

It is one of the few companies out there who truly cares about the development of not just itself as a company but its culture and most importantly, its people. The founders and executive staff understand this and always have the culture and its people at the forefront of their minds. The commitment our employees here have to their work is truly inspiring and the encouragement you get from all your peers also drives and motivates you.

Cons

It is a young company and it is learning as it grows. There will always be teething problems and discrepancies when operating globally but more could be done to strengthen and empower the regions. It is a fast moving company in which we are constantly running and often times, it means learning on the ground which is overwhelming. Personally, I enjoy the learning curve and the challenges but the biggest pillar in this evolving environment was knowing that I have a supportive team behind me, ready and willing to support me.

Advice to Management

Never forget your employees no matter where they are. You've been magnificent and keep doing what you're doing. Do bear in mind, nevertheless, how little changes can affect the operating systems and structures in all regions. They are great improvements but more needs to be done than purely executing it out without consulting the wider regions. But most of all, thank you for building Airbnb.

11. "Internship with Airbnb Singapore"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Airbnb as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, great welfare, not much of a hierarchy there...could walk up to anyone and talk to them...communication is very highly regarded there...they give interns a chance to partake into exciting projects, very good supervisor-intern relationship. it's a place where real friendships take place

Cons

might be a little hard to adapt if you are socially awkward or if you are a real introvert...took me quite a while to open up

Advice to Management

management is great - open to listening to anyone with ideas or opinions on certain things..but they are always so busy so it's hard to catch them!