Cover image for Airbnb

Airbnb

Engaged Employer

Airbnb

Add a Review

Airbnb Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 20, 2021

Found 136 of over 2K reviews

4.2
Airbnb CEO & Co-Founder Brian Chesky
Brian Chesky

What people are saying about Airbnb

Join the conversation on

Tech

631.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Airbnb~391850
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Airbnb? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Airbnb employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Airbnb and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Rocket Ship Full of Amazing People

Feb 12, 2015 - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Past places I've worked at have really messed up on the culture and Airbnb is the opposite. You can tell the founders care a lot about the company, culture and their colleagues. You can tell people are happy right when you walk in the door. I used to dread Sunday evenings because I would have to go to work and now I look forward to them. The hiring process may be a bit slow, but they really do hire well. Everyone here is super nice, smart and hard working. Also, because of the fast pace that this company is growing at you get to work on a crazy amount of cool stuff and have a huge impact.

Cons

The work life balance here can be tricky sometimes because there's so much to do. Also, I never thought I'd say this, but sometimes there are too many social events which seem to be focused on the party crowd alone.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great colleagues, nice perks!

Jul 22, 2020 - Guest Experience Specialist in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues: smart hardworking individuals Perks: travel credits, on-site gym, free breakfast, coffee and sparkling water

Cons

Work/life balance: have to put in a lot of hours just to stay on top of your file load Salesforce: poorly designed and inefficient Parking: if you have to drive your car

3. Join the Airbnb team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Customer success

Oct 27, 2021 - Senior Customer Success Manager in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture and work life balance

Cons

None, fairly steady work life

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growth, Flexibility, Hard Work

Sep 28, 2016 - Customer Experience Trainer in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

So many opportunities in a growing company, as the company expands roles open up and both lateral and upward progression is available throughout each year.

Cons

Work life balance can be tough but you have to know this going into the role. You must be a flexible person!

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Great company and culture

Dec 16, 2020 - Technical Sourcer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner. Beer and Kombucha on tap. Great work-life balance and great people to work with!

Cons

It's hard to find parking nearby so must get there very early.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

New hire review

Jul 10, 2015 - Design Lead in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a very creative environment. People are happy to share ideas. I feel empowered to get work done. I am free to manage my own time. I'm surrounded by talented and kind people. I feel like I can make a difference.

Cons

Work/life balance is not resolved and this means I am away from my family too much. Not enough structure or clear process. Feels like we're constantly creating the rules as we go, which is exhausting. Not happy with the hierarchy of my department – doesn't feel like the best or most experienced people are in control.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good company to work for

Nov 1, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work and life balance

Cons

Pay is below industry average

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, people, founders, work/life/balance/parenting is a challenge

Nov 1, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, the founders are involved and dedicated to the growth of the company. Great place to work if you work for a great boss.

Cons

The hyper growth culture is great for those that don't have families. Some teams within the company doesn't understand the work life balance when you have kids. Dogs are amazing and I have one but it isn't the same as being a parent with kids. It is a constant comparison; bringing your dog to work is great but what do you do with your kids?

7 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Business with a LOT of heart and soul

Jul 13, 2015 - Recruiting Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. You can bring your whole self to work 2. Everyone is extremely respectful, I have never seen so many people hold the door for each other. 3. Gaining work/life balance is encouraged (part of my personal OKRs set by my manager) 4. Culture is at the forefront of everyone in senior management's mind. Making this a place that is not only profitable but they want you to be able to grow as a person and in your career. 5. No matter how crazy my day is, there is an INCREDIBLE support system in my coworkers to help me through the day. There isn't a feeling of competition between peers the way that it can be at other companies

Cons

1. Feedback can be hard for people to give. It's important to establish you can handle constructive feedback in the beginning.

4 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee

great place to work

Jun 25, 2021 - Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-work life balance if you are strong about it yourself and set clear boundaries

Cons

-a lot of changes, you need to be extremely flexible and adaptable to change at a moments notice

Viewing 1 - 10 of 136 Reviews