Aires Reviews | Glassdoor

Aires CEO Bryan Putt
Bryan Putt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management is out of touch with the clients (in 5 reviews)

• Very long hours without overtime, low salary (in 3 reviews)

1. "Accountant"

Current Employee - Accountant in Robinson, PA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Robinson, PA

I have been working at Aires full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really a great company to work for, great people and management. Aires really puts time into helping employees grow and understand such a complex industry. Lots of incentives to preform better like jeans days and a nice year end bonus, holiday company parties, popcorn on every payday, and monthly birthday celebrations. The company is growing like crazy, which provides great opportunity for career advancement.

Cons

Interdepartmental communication can be an issue at times, and sometimes the systems are slow which causes issues in performance, but usually they are fixed quickly.

"Relocation Specialist"

Former Employee - Relocation Specialist in Robinson, PA
    Former Employee - Relocation Specialist in Robinson, PA

I worked at Aires full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture. Lots of people are willing to help. Interesting work.

Cons

Entirely too high of a caseload for any one person to handle. People get burned out so quickly and get to a point where you can't do your job well anymore and it's very disheartening.

3. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Aires full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for Aires for over 3 years now and it is honestly one of the best employers I have ever worked for! There are so many opportunities for career advancement. There are many incentives for employees that most, if any, companies do not offer such as work from home options and award ceremonies for great work. Management truly cares about their employees and there is a great work-home balance. The company culture is very team driven and we have so much support at an arm's length. Aires also has an awesome mentor program that truly makes new employees feel welcomed and very comfortable. Aires is very transparent with their employees and you will not find companies that are willing to share it all. Aires has great employees, technology, culture, and opportunities. I very glad to be a part of it!

Cons

The pros outweigh the cons - every company has room for improvement. Aires is definitely always being one step ahead and looking for ways to be better than the year before.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all you do that makes Aires such a great company!

"Policy & Property Consultant"

Former Employee - Policy & Property Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Policy & Property Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Aires full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great, best part of the job
    Laid back atmosphere, run your own desk
    A decent bit of free food, and food trucks each week during warmer months

Cons

Training process is terrible, you'll get thrown to the wolves
    Large caseloads, can be very stressful in the summer
    The pay is decent, but not when you consider the workload

Advice to Management

Middle management is great, but upper management needs to stop pretending everything is sunshine and rainbows in ops

"Worst place I ever worked"

Former Employee - Fiscal Department in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Fiscal Department in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Aires full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’m still thinking. Oh, yeah- the magician they sent in to boost morale. That was nice and weird. When I tell people about it, they look at me like it’s the oddest think they’ve ever heard.

Cons

Offices were cold, tear round. One date the thermometers read 60 and 58 degrees. Women walked around with winter coats on or wrapped in blankets. Theory- people are motivated to work quickly to stay warm. Turnover rate is very high. They were trying to get it down to 10%. If you are a young good looking girl or you can bring in sales, you will find favor. If not, they will eventually fire you. Middle aged women were not favored. I am a man and I even saw that. Most of the people I worked with in 2013 are gone, both young and old. I got out after two years. If someone made a mistake, many people were emailed on it. Transparency was a big part of the culture. I watched people get beaten up by email, copied to many others. Shameful. Some upper management would walk passed you and never say a word unless you spoke to them. That’s REAL good for morale. Strangest culture I ever worked in and I am a seasoned employee who has worked several different places in various job capacities. Work was loaded on people until some broke down. I was told that the paramedics came for one girl.

Advice to Management

Where do I start. The world doesn’t revolve around you. Your workers are people with lives outside of work. Your workers have feelings and want to be appreciated, even the older women. Money is not the ultimate goal in life. Pay your people better, reduce the workload and heed my other suggestions and maybe you can reduce the turnover rate. A magician? Really? What are you smoking?

6. "Mobility Specialist"

I have been working at Aires full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The managers don't micromanage you which is nice. There is also a lot of flexibility and the co workers are awesome.

Cons

Caseload is insane. They tell the clients that the consultants have so many years of experience, which is a lie. Expect you to take work on the weekends. Constantly complain about OT but want you to get the work done. Unrealistic expectations

7. "Overworked & Poor Training Program"

I worked at Aires full-time

Pros

Potential bonus at beginning of the year

Cons

Massive workload for one individual and horrible training program

Advice to Management

better and more training for people and not be given the workload of 3 people

8. "It was great back in the day."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

I worked at Aires full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people were great. It was an exciting time to watch the company grow and to be a part of that.

Cons

No room for growth. Upper management is out of touch with the clients. Definitely an old school boys club. If they love you, they will do whatever to keep you. You mess once, they never forget it and you have a mark on your back for the remainder of your career. Pay is significantly less than the competitors. Culture is different at all offices.

9. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Program Manager
    Former Employee - Program Manager

I worked at Aires full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, managers treat you like an adult and trust you to do your job so that's nice.

Cons

Caseload was very high at times.

"Mobility specialist"

Current Employee - Mobile Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Mobile Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Aires full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aires has a great recruiting team. They truly know how to spot great talent. I enjoy most of everyone I work with.

Cons

The benefit packet is subpar and the salary the mobility specialist is not adequate enough for the stress and the caseload for this position. The growth opportunities for this position is quite limited.

Advice to Management

Make working remotely an option at hire and increase the salary for this position. Also, cross train staff that there promotion options are not limited.