Aires Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aires CEO Bryan Putt
Bryan Putt

Pros
  • Thriving atmosphere and extremely positive and supportive work environment (in 6 reviews)

• They also offer work from home options as well (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is truly encouraged which further solidifies my and my fellow employees dedication (in 8 reviews)

• High turnover due to extreme work levels and expectations (most people work a ton of expected and unpaid overtime as well as working through lunches) (in 4 reviews)

"Program Manager"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Aires full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work independently, flexible hours, "run your own desk", no micro-management, busy, challenging & interesting work, great team leadership and teamwork, benefits

Cons

Extremely stressful due to time sensitivity, heavy work-load, shortage of PM's, high-turnover in this position-RECOMMEND this company but not the PM position

Advice to Management

Keep hiring PM's as the business continues to grow. Simply adding more work to the PM's already excessive workload creates the turnover and burnout factor.

2. "Churn and burn departments"

Current Employee - Relocation Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Relocation Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Aires full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility for work hours, incentives for meeting goals at the personal and department level, as well as a profit goal annual bonus. You get to run your day however you choose. It's a pretty casual office. Direct managers care about you. Good PTO bebefit.

Cons

The operations department, especially the relo specialists, are overwhelmed with caseload. Upper management has figured that it's most profitable to hire college grads (mostly) and burn through them on a 1-2 year basis at a cheap pay level, than make it a better staffed department with caseload relief where people will stay long term. The internal promotion rate is high because people are desperate to get out of entry level ops roles. And when there are internal promotions, management doesn't have to compete with pay grades of other relo companies, which are generally more.

Advice to Management

We talk about Aires Cares all the time. Show that you care about your employees who are so burnt out by paying them better and getting them relief. That way you won't have a half dozen people quitting every quarter.

3. "Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Danbury, CT
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Danbury, CT

I have been working at Aires full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aires is a company that really cares about their team! I have achieved a great work/life balance working for the company. Upper management views everyone as teammates and not as someone beneath them. Everyone has something to contribute and are encouraged to grow within the company. People are rewarded for their hard work and it doesn't go unnoticed.

They offer a flex schedule where you can choose your hours (7-4,8-5,9-6) this has helped with achieving a work/life balance. They also offer work from home options as well. Also, yearly bonus based on if goals are met.Benefits are also competitive, they offer an HSA plan at minimal cost to the employee and also contribute $$ into the HSA account. 401k match started this year.

Cons

With a fast growing company sometimes the demand and the head count don't always match up. Caseloads can be high at times.

5. "Relocation specialist support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

I have been working at Aires full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So much room to grow with Very great benefits.

Cons

Management needs less of a case load so they can keep more eyes on what goes on.

"Aires does truly care"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Aires full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can honestly say that Aires and the management team really do seem to care and actively works towards making it a better place for their employees. Work/Life ratio is always tricky (especially in the relocation industry) but Aires has been flexible enough for me to carve out a great balance. There are always some bad eggs but there are enough good people working together and with a common goal which makes this company a great place to work for,.

Cons

Medical benefits have been a bit rough last few years but addition of new plans in 2016 went along way to giving us the right options.

Advice to Management

Keep the track you are on - care about the people and you will see positive results!

"Awesome place to work, they actually care about their employees."

Current Employee - Program Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Aires full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place, good people, professional yet laid back office style. Regular company meetings. Rewards when monetary goals are met. The promotion rate is almost 20%!

Cons

Need a better 401k program. Need more employees in certain areas of the company. Need to evaluate employees more before hiring.

8. "Lucky to work for AIReS!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Aires full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can truly say I don't know of a company that cares so much about their employees. This is a work place where the president knows the majority of the employees by first name, and sends out a weekly appreciation e-mail out, where we receive a yearly bonus because the company has been profitable each year since inception, and where while work is work; you know that your job is meaningful. Easily one of the friendliest work places as well!

Cons

Some departments seem understaffed, but the company is growing and I expect this to change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the employee recognition, it means more than you know!

9. "Love working at AIReS"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Aires full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

AIReS offers a really flexible work schedule, they have a very supportive management team, and continue to offer many growth opportunities to all departments.

Cons

Really busy work environment. Relocation is a high paced environment with a focus on customer service and sometimes requires extra hours but the work is very rewarding.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a great job, continue to learn from your teams and stay connected. Continue growing and selling! Continued support to the amazing technology.

"Horrible! They terminate you if you have a brain and can think for yourself"

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Coordinator in Pitts, PA
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Coordinator in Pitts, PA

I worked at Aires full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NONE. Worse turn over I have ever seen. They promote the ones who can't do their job and take advantage of those that can by just adding more and more work to their workload.

Cons

If you don't do what they want ethical or not you become "marked". They slowly but surely find reasons you are doing things wrong until they can build a case against you to terminate you. Don't dare speak your mind or make suggestions because it will only hurt you. They only want "yes" people to work there.

"Love the team environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Aires (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are by far the best asset at AIReS - love my team! Makes it great to come to work every day. Positive atmosphere.

Cons

Hiring new team members takes a long time when we need the help.

Advice to Management

keep up communication