Airgas Reviews

Updated May 5, 2021

3.8
Airgas Chief Executive Officer Pascal Vinet (no image)
Pascal Vinet
Pros
  • "Flexible schedule and good benefits(in 86 reviews)

• "Great company with good pay and benefits(in 72 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management has no idea what our jobs really entail(in 68 reviews)

• "Since the Air Liquide acquisition they are always looking to cut expenses any way possible(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Airgas and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years
      Featured Review

A company invested in its people

Oct 13, 2020 - Director of Bulk Sales in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you show up and apply yourself in time you can rise to the highest levels. Strong salary. Airgas listens to its people and helps you discover a career that utilizes your skills.

Cons

All and all no complaints would like to see higher match on 401k.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Hiring process

May 4, 2021 - Back-up Driver in Fairfield, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company immediately treats you like family before you even start and makes sure you are taken care of!

Cons

No company parties (Christmas party, summer games)

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great company that values their employees!

Mar 25, 2021 - Account Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Airgas is an amazing company to work for! They really take care of their employees and provide numerous benefits. Also, there are lots of training opportunities and resources are provided to get better in whatever position you're in! Lastly and probably most importantly, there is a HUGE focus around safety, which truly shows how much they care about us and our customers. In short, the culture at Airgas is truly remarkable. Further, I really like that even though we are a large company, there is still a big focus on customer first and providing great service. Also, the company is continually innovating and it really helps us to differentiate ourselves from the large and small competitors. The way I see it is that we are a big company that services our customers like a small company, except we have much more to offer to our customers than a small company. Finally, the compensation is competitive and they reward the hard work we put in. Honestly, I really feel like I have found my forever company.

Cons

We sell a lot of things and distribute many different products so in a sense, it can be a little overwhelming at times however, it just means more opportunities to solve more customer problems; either way, there is always support available.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Airgas is a great place to work.

Apr 6, 2021 - Project Engineer in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I got hired right before the COVID-19 pandemic and have only been to my actual office a total of 3 times in my first year of working at Airgas. I was coming in with experience from a different industry so I was forced to learn a lot of new material. However, I have been given all the tools and resources needed to succeed. My manager has kept me in the loop with everything going on with constant communication. I am still learning about the business but have been able to slowly build networks within the company to help myself.

Cons

Since I am new, many employees in my department did not know me in the beginning specially during the COVID-19 pandemic where I could not meet them face to face. Sometimes when I reach out to employees who I have never worked with, I will receive a delayed response or none. However, I have built multiple networks within the company that I can reach out to for help that I can trust.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Ignore the Lip Service it's a Corporate Mindset All about the Money

Apr 14, 2021 - Inside Sales in Salem, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great industry with tons of things to learn about. You never have to stop learning. Great if you like interacting with customers and developing relationships with your customers. I personally love my coworkers and most of the people outside of mid and upper management.

Cons

Company claims to be a bunch of things. They say that they provide good customer service yet constantly are a barrier from taking care of your customer. The consistently understaff stores and plants and make a majority of their cuts from the bottom and usually the employees that are close to retirement age. Keep stringing you along with promises of advancement and just about any promise that they give you is always something they will look at later.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0

Airgas employment assessment

Apr 9, 2021 - Branch Manager in Hobbs, NM
      Business Outlook

Pros

Airgas is a Multinational Company that provides an excellent working environment. It is balanced in people assessment and management. the company provides opportunities for development and growth in the organization. Safety to all employees is a priority which is excellent.

Cons

Reports required of several departments are duplicates which eats up a lot of time and does not provide a clear venue for reasons why the same report has to be submitted for several number of times providing only 1 and the same results. Hiring process will have to be improved to provide more efficiency and faster timelines to make new hires be on board faster. I believe some systems are very bureaucratic in nature that a simple step/s needed to be done will take a longer period to be accomplished.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

May 3, 2021 - Manager in Germantown, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the culture. The relationships of everyone on the floor. Great environment to work in. Fun, challenging, supportive.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any.

8. 5.0

Great

Mar 15, 2021 - Human Resources Coordinator in Kennesaw, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I find it really rare to work with really good people. However, at Airgas about 95% of the people I talk with on a daily basis are really great people. The benefits (full time emp.s only) are great- you get to choose between about 5 different plans for you are your family. They want you to grow with the company. There is competitive pay (roughly annual increases) and bonuses. You have the opportunity to move internally within the company if desired.

Cons

Things change a lot- most of the time it's great. But sometimes things are not rolled out effectively. Then the issues take a while to sort out which can be annoying.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nice people, overworked, underpaid.

Apr 17, 2021 - CDL Driver in Huntsville, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone at my locations is great to work with and willing to help. Other jobs within the company would be a better fit for older drivers.

Cons

The work is a young man's game (cylinder delivery). Can't keep drivers because they don't pay enough to make it worth the toll on one's body.

10. 5.0

Wonderful Organizational Culture!

Apr 9, 2021 - Strategic Accounts Customer Service in Germantown, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone at Airgas is extremely caring and helpful towards one another. This is the first company I have ever worked at where everyone truly works together to act as a team. Airgas is extremely motivated to make everyone feel empowered and cared for, while striving to promote safety (first and foremost), ethical awareness, and environmental consciousness.

Cons

Since the organizational structure of Airgas is rather tall and widespread (in addition to being such a large company), this can cause issues regarding communication.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,204 Reviews