Airgas "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Airgas Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 20, 2019

3.8
Airgas CEO Pascal Vinet (no image)
Pascal Vinet
Pros
  • "Good Benefits, work /life balance(in 73 reviews)

• "Room for growth, good pay, realistic goals(in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some disconnect within upper management but nothing that cannot be remedied(in 67 reviews)

• "upper management seem to be more concerned with their matrix percentages and statistics rather than customer service(in 21 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent Career Opportunity"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Bedford, IN

I have been working at Airgas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for, very laid back environment with opportunity to grow with in the company with excellent benefits and wage compensation. Upper management truly cares about the employees and safety, excellent balance in work and home life.

Cons

NONE, Great place to work

Airgas2019-09-03
  2. "Hopefully I'll feel the same in 20 years"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Delivery Driver in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Airgas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Your knowledge and skills are noticed almost immediately My branch has a GREAT staff who communicate well Weekends off, rarely work after 5 pm Everyone knows family and health come first, which makes management VERY accommodating to time off I feel like an asset to the company which makes coming to work day in and day out enjoyable

Cons

upper management seem to be more concerned with their matrix percentages and statistics rather than customer service SAP will take years to master Computers and electronics used daily at the branch seem a bit archaic They hang a driver bonus over our drivers head which seem unattainable for some routes making the driver wanting to rush which could potentially cause a safety hazard. In my opinion, it should... just be instilled into their hourly wage

Advice to Management

DON'T LACK CONCERN FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Our customers have chosen us BECAUSE of the service we have supplied to them for years. We can't compete with prices on cyberweld and other online welding supply sites. We owe our customers a great price and great service at every corner of our business. If they're spending a little more for the same product we HAVE to make up for it in knowledge, support, and stock of the... products they use to feed their families.

Airgas2019-11-20
  3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Airgas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance which may be manager dependent. Work from home depending on position. Opportunity for advancement. Company is growing and wants talent to stay. Great bonus program

Cons

Benefits are not cheap but thats any company. Some disconnect within upper management but nothing that cannot be remedied.

Airgas2019-11-14
  4. "Unity"

Current Employee - Csr1 in Moraine, OH

I have been working at Airgas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great working atmosphere. Overall friendly and laid back place to work. Career Potential. Seems there maybe room to advance within the company. Great Support from upper Management (District/regional) and Hr.

Cons

Moraine (N033), Is the ONLY Airgas open on Saturdays in the country makes which stinks on those weekends for Work/Family time balance. Working Managers!, I know Managers have primary job duties/functions, however, I guess I've always been accustom to in a RETAIL driven environment, the customers being the primary focus. Meaning if Phones are ringing and CSR's are on calls and or busy, that a free manager answers... the phone takes care of the customers needs, rather that be placing processing an order and or taking a message. Secondly in store with a RETAIL front if there is lines at the counter and Associates are tied up with another customer and or on the phone, a manager should/could jump to a register to help ring out or assist a customer on the sales floor. It just seems that at times managers at the branch level aren't as supporting to the business needs. My OPINION is just from the one location so i can't speak on any other location other the mine.

Advice to Management

Remember we are a TEAM, and not just when the lights are on. Support your staff, people tend to work harder for YOU when you show you are willing to WORK WITH THEM.

Airgas2019-11-12
  5. "Account manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Airgas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can make your own schedule.

Cons

Unreachable goals. Receive commissions every 3rd year due to the increased budget. Upper management doesn’t listen to requests. You’re only a number. Making up declining economic conditions by taking from employees.

Advice to Management

Employees currently very unhappy with changes being made. Everyone is feeling bullied and unappreciated.

Airgas2019-11-15

"My first year"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Airgas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunities to grow, great training, fair compensation

Cons

The lack of communication and presence of upper management at the branch level

Advice to Management

Be visible and get to know your employees

Airgas2019-09-17
  7. "Upper Management"

Current Employee - Medical Sales Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Airgas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits, Company phone, company Laptop, Expenses for Lunch and Gas. Good Pay

Cons

-Too aggressive sales goals while the competition is way cheaper, hard to sell against -Micromanaged-Daily/Hourly Itineraries -Poor training for the field -Communication with upper management is bad

Advice to Management

Training for the specific field (not sales training) needs to be better. Communication with sales team is disappointing with high expectations

Airgas2019-09-25

"Over worked and under paid for this area"

Current Employee - Sales in Port Arthur, TX

I have been working at Airgas full-time

Pros

Great customers. Hours are average.

Cons

Poor management all the way up the chain. They don't care about you. It's all about their bonuses and lining their pockets. Good ol boy club and they will harrass you to quit. A lot of unfair treatment amoung the employees. They will work you like a dog while they sit have meetings. Most of which our loud laughing outburst. If your "in" you will be sheltered and advance. Upper management is unqualified to lead and... are dictactors not doers. The DM lacks leadership. Nothing is confidential and the job title went to their head. Pretends to care but backstabs everyone. There to get a check and go home attitude among staff. Lack of product for customers is 80% of the time. Can't keep drivers or good help. Raises are a joke!

Advice to Management

Don't promote without extensive training. Bring in a third party in the hiring process that is unbias. Too many friends of managers filling the branch. Follow the handbook you provide. Train managers all aspects of each position so they understand our jobs! Be leaders and actually do what you expect. Turn overs here are not the branch issues it is the GM and hire up club that bring moral down. Our customers are... tired of hearing someone no longer works here.

Airgas2019-10-04
  9. "Great People"

Current Employee - Administration in Germantown, WI

I have been working at Airgas full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really feel like I have found my forever job, I enjoy my supervisor, and upper management. I feel very grateful to be so appreciated. So cool to know how many long term employees that are here with 20+ years with Airgas!

Cons

The negative attitudes from staff, can be frowned upon. But you can't make everyone happy.

Airgas2019-08-21
  10. "Not a Bad place to Work, but not Great."

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager

I have been working at Airgas full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are a person who puts in the expected effort and work for a role, you will have job security. Same benefits as I would expect from any company. Typical 2-3% raises every year. If you are content with an average work/life balance and a boring, normal career - this is the place for you. Their views on Safety in the work place are some of the best I have ever seen.

Cons

If you put 110% into your career, this is not the place for you. You will not be rewarded for your effort going above and beyond or if you have a high capacity of what you can manage. Raises and Bonuses are not paid by your individual performance and you are not recognized for the work that you put in. From what I have come to gather, anyone can be promoted based on a Resume, not their actual performance. Upper... management has an insincere way of pushing safety - They are more worried about their bottom line (No question this is important) and hitting numbers than actually getting out of their office and thanking their drivers and front line associates.

Advice to Management

Spend even 10 minutes a day getting out of the office to thank your drivers and front line associates. Your Branch Management does it every day so it does not have the same effect on those employees. You need to change the culture in this company. People can just put themselves on cruise control with their job and still see the same compensation as those who go all out. Pay for performance. Pay your high performing... associates like they deserve. Restructure Branch Management bonus structures so that they have motivation to push their associates to hit branch goals.

Airgas2019-08-19