Airgas Employee Reviews about "work life balance"
57% would recommend to a friend
(105 total reviews)
72% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Airgas
Got a burning question about Airgas? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Airgas employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "good benefits are pretty good" (in 206 reviews)
- "Good pay and much paid overtime available." (in 117 reviews)
- "Great people and fulfilling work" (in 106 reviews)
- "Company stability and ability to have a good work/life balance are very strong." (in 48 reviews)
- "great coworkers to work with" (in 29 reviews)
- "let management retaliate if you try to save lives or accidents by reporting incompetent management or poor judgement all about $" (in 136 reviews)
- "Upper management poor in helping during difficult situations." (in 70 reviews)
- "2.) A couple of managers have been allowed to talk to their employees and others disrespectfully without being disciplined." (in 41 reviews)
- "No or little training on job duties." (in 38 reviews)
- "No support and no leadership in the human resources department in Long Beach" (in 23 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Airgas and is not affected by filters.
Found 105 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Dec 15, 2021Logistics AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsIndependence, OH
Work schedule is great set up for a good work/life balance.
Employees are losing their motivation1
- 3.0Feb 13, 2019Plant AdministratorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsDetroit, MI
Jon stability is great. People tend to stay with the company for years, even decades. Work/life balance can be excellent in some positions.
While I started in an entry level position, it was with the expectations I would transition to something bigger. I was over qualified but needed job stability. Six years later, I'm "stuck" in my position because I'm "so good" at what I do.
- 4.0Jan 21, 2019Salaried EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Work/life balance and pro employee mentality. Great culture! Executives are not snobby.
It’s a growing company so it lacks resources but it’s on its way!
- 5.0May 16, 2021Human ResourcesCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Company stability and ability to have a good work/life balance are very strong.
Can be slow to adapt to current work environment.
- 3.0Mar 2, 2018Senior Account ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsAustin, TX
The packaged gas industry is stable and Airgas is the industry leader. Benefits are acceptable and job security is above average.
Compensation is below industry average compared to other major gas companies and Airgas historically runs very lean and subsequently the work/life balance suffers.2
- 1.0Apr 29, 2017Cash Applications SpecialistFormer Employee, less than 1 yearIndependence, OH
There are none for this department.
The Cash Application department is in a continual state of flux. Job descriptions/duties are constantly changing. Training is non-existent but you’re still expected to hit your “numbers”. If you’re not hitting your numbers you’re put on a performance improvement plan which basically is 'pass or you're fired'. Keep in mind, your job changes every time the wind blows. Unlike Disney World, this is the Unhappiest place on earth. If you apply to either the cash application or collection dept I feel sorry for you. I could go on but it’s just something you have experience to believe Work/Life balance is good in other departments but not this one. OT is mandatory and is called that day or with one day advanced warning.6
- 3.0Jul 7, 2022AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
Stable company, great job security Great work life balance and looked out for employees during pandemic Benefits are ok - normal nothing exciting
Technology used is little outdated in some areas - but good in others Pay is not competitive and annual raises are the same across board