Aite Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Aite Group Reviews

3.9
Sang Lee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Work with the Fortune 500 and large FIs"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aite Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with Aite Group for several years, and had known of them going back to the mid-2000s. Aite is a unique company in that they allow fully remote employees, and lots of discretion in how you do your work. To me, that alone has value, and depending on your personality and abilities, you can flourish in this environment. There are company meetings several times per-year, and one recent event put all of the employees up in Miami Beach for a few days. The Boston office is modern, and built out with good desks, and a view of Macy's, putting you right downtown. Aite has huge clients, a great website, and useful reports that sell in high volumes to large FIs. For me, I'm greatful to have a platform that allows me to work with these large clients. It gives me access to people in roles at large FIs, and understanding of advanced concepts in Large Enterprise businesses. Most people have the ability to generate great intellectual capital, but realistically it'd be hard to get an audience without a name like Aite in the industry. I'm a go-getter, and I always do what I say I'm going to do. If I sign off on producing reports, or writing a blog, then I always do it, and I give myself adequate time to execute my creative process. For my technology, I spend the time training and get it behind me, so I'm not running into unexpected issues all of the time. Many of the people I know who aren't successful have issues with all of the above. They agreed to do something, and failed to meet those requirements. Personally, I love thinking about moving to Florida, or California on the drop of a dime. Aite supports my lifestyle, and my desire to work at home with my family. They see me all the time, and I can do things around the house if needed. My Manager is dilligent about checking in, but trustful, and I feel at ease when I'm working. I was never big on being forced to put in 40 hours, dressing up in an office with tons of people, unable to choose or modify my environment. I get so much more done, and it's because I've learned to balance things, and get the most efficacy out of my day. Work/Life balance, the only long hours are the one's you create for yourself here! Recommend it to self-starters.

Cons

Any perceived cons were actually very personal. I had struggles with discipline, and spacing out my efforts, but quickly overcame them and adapted to the environment.

Many folks can be negative, and it's a bit draining. I feel like they should move on, and stop collecting checks if they are checked out. Many of them are using the company name to get another better position, so I'm not sure they fully appreciate it.

Calls can be a bit hectic, but doable if prepared and informed about them ahead of time

Advice to Management

Keep working to improve morale, and be realistic with folks about the deal been what they've agreed to and what they are doing currently.

Keep hiring, and improving the team morale thru networking, and benefits to the employees

Help people understand that without the brand, sales, and operational processes, they wouldn't be granted an audience with big FIs. Aite's brand is what's selling, and the reports while highly valued are part of that vehicle. Analyst's feel like the company is nothing without them, but often times it seems like the opposite would be true. In the end, it's supposed to be a relationship, work with them to see the value of work/life balance versus being strained under layoffs, and a small percentage more money to commute 15+ hours a week to another office job.

2. "Current full-time employee"

Pros

Unambiguous goals and expectations; very intelligent co-workers; challenging opportunities; always learning and growing in career; growing company.

Cons

Stress levels are very high because of the high demands and constant multi-tasking. Lack of support staff contributes to time demands because every role does everything from clerical to high-level, direct client contact.

Advice to Management

The company has grown to the point where some clerical support staff would be helpful and would make analysts more productive because the repetitive, straight-forward work could be handled by someone else.

Aite Group Response

Feb 9, 2017 – Managing Partner

Thank you very much for the review and the valuable recommendation. I am always excited to hear about our colleagues thriving in a challenging and fast growing environment here at Aite Group. At the... More

3. "Culture that is part-entrepreneurial, part lame"

I have been working at Aite Group full-time

Pros

Definitely for people with entrepreneurial drive, good writing, good research skills, solid trend identification, and good communication skills.

Cons

Since 2014, the culture has become much more bureaucratic. The incentives to perform are minimal, with the firm tying individual bonuses to company and team performance, which sucks because the sales structure has proven to be seriously flawed the several years I've been here.

Advice to Management

The incentives to keep top analysts performing and sales team coverage need serious revision. Each practice needs its own dedicated sales person and account manager.

Aite Group Response

Feb 9, 2017 – Managing Partner

Thank you much for your honest feedback and advice to management. I, too, love the entrepreneurial aspect of Aite Group! However, we certainly do want to address any shortfalls that may lead to a... More

4. "Know what you are getting into"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst

Pros

- Great exposure to C level executives
    - Great place to build a personal brand for yourself

Cons

- Lack of cohension in direction of company. 4 partners, different opinions and no clear strategy
    - Low compensation
    - Ridiculous vacation time
    - No formalized training.

5. "worth a shot"

Pros

Nice co-workers and work place.

Cons

There's not many opportunities for entry-level job seekers.

6. "A Great Team"

I have been working at Aite Group full-time

Pros

An absolutely great team to work with and so much support. Everyone is very supportive and helpful in on boarding and improving processes along the way. Have not ever experienced such a receptive and progressive team. The MDs are great and awesome to work with.

Cons

The money is not great, but there is passion, and that is why people join and stay.

Advice to Management

Consider reaching industry level salaries to keep the best and brightest on board.

7. "research analyst"

Former Intern - Research Analyst-Summer in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Research Analyst-Summer in Boston, MA

I worked at Aite Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

good first experience on research analysis

Cons

very small division in london

Advice to Management

expand the devision in london area

8. "Great working environment. Not great work"

Former Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Aite Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work/Life Balance Phenominal
    Nice People
    Must be a self starter - management gives everyone a lot of latitude and genuinely cares about their people.
    Great benefits for a small company

Cons

Peter Principle - Company is trying to compete / generate business by being "experts" in areas in which people have little or no expertise (how can you be the 'business partner' of a bank senior manager if they have spent a career in banking but you only 2 years before you became an analyst?). Low comp but made up for in work life balance.

Advice to Management

Recognize your company's talent deficiencies and pitch to appropriate levels at target organizations

9. "Great work/life balance; no structure for growth"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Aite Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to work from home / remotely
    Intelligent colleagues
    Some cool senior managers
    Semi-annual company gathering, where everyone is flown to Boston

Cons

Poor internal communications
    No structure for growth
    No expenditure on marketing/advertising
    No training opps
    Monthly company meetings not very useful

Advice to Management

Being solely an analyst-focused company isn't the best long-term strategy.

10. "Great place despite lackluster pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

The flexibility and culture is unbeatable. Perfect place for self starters with creativity.

Cons

Not so great for those wanting a highly structured environment and higher level pay. But what it lack in Salary it makes up for in lifestyle.