KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

214 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Startups are hard - but the rewards are great

Jan 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The absolute determination of this team to fight through and work together this past year had been amazing. We changed so much in order to be successful and then the pandemic made things even harder. Our team didn’t give up and is why we will accomplish our biggest goals in the future. I can’t wait to see what we accomplish this year.

Cons

The challenges and realities of being in a startup are plentiful. It’s important for people to realize that. It takes a strong and determined person to be enjoy this type of environment and contribute to our success.

Human Resources Manager

We appreciate your feedback! As you know there are opportunities and challenges in an evolving and growing tech company. It is important that we continue to communicate openly as ABX continues its oath to success. It is team members like you who will enable AkitaBox to succeed. Thank you!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast Paced, Great Place to Work.

Jul 8, 2020 - IT Systems Administrator in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are always new challenges and projects to work on so the job remains interesting and mentally stimulating. You are encouraged to try innovate and try new things. Great people to work with and a fun atmosphere with great culture.

Cons

The office space is not great and limited ability to improve it without a remodel of the floor. The open floor plan has limited private conference rooms which can make scheduling meetings problematic at times. Even in the offices, ambient noise can be high due to the fact they have open ceilings and are not complete separate from the general open spaces.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoy the people,and benefits here at AkitaBox. We also appreciate your feedback on the issues you see with the culture at AkitaBox. We share your love of AkitaBox and we are initiating several new programs to help sustain and grow our culture as we continue to work remote. It's not easy, but maintaining our amazing culture is a top priority. We trust the recently shared plans are a positive step in the right direction and look forward to continued feedback.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent pay but culture helps

Nov 25, 2019 - Implementation Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is alright based on the work, but could be better since sometimes you had to work 12 hour days or longer to try and get project done. If you did that often the supervisors would give you a paid day off when you got back to the office

Cons

When traveling everything had to go on your personal cards and you had to wait to be reimbursed

4. 5.0

Best Job I've Had

Dec 28, 2018 - Product Owner
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone in the office is dedicated to bringing value to the company and mission each and every day. Team members are dedicated to learning ways to improve. Employees are encouraged to apply to other jobs within the company to advance their careers. Office is located downtown, close to good restaurants.

Cons

The open office environment can mean that there are a lot of distractions during day-to-day work. Working with colleagues who become close friends can mean having work-related conversations adds a layer of difficulty.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Dec 20, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very interested in employee growth and management is willing to coach and mentor. Very transparent company.

Cons

Occasionally prioritizes company culture over business decisions and activity.

6. 5.0

Awesome place to work!

Jan 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The things you do and decisions you make can make a lasting impact on growth of the company - Everyone is very passionate about what they do and strive to push forward - Leadership is very open and honest - Opportunities for career growth

Cons

- Constant changing of process as progress is made

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Rapidly growing, very caring company

Jan 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Start up culture! - Great pay - Opportunities to grow - The work you do makes an immediate impact on the company - Thoughtful leadership team

Cons

- If you don't like the unknowns of start ups or companies that are growing quickly, this isn't the job for you

CEO

Thank you for your continued hard work and dedication to helping our company grow! Many companies grow in numbers not many continue its growth with the great culture you have helped us create. Cheers to you!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent and supportive place to work

Jan 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Working with people who have a passion to learn all there is to know about how to meet our client's needs - Co-workers hang out outside of work so you feel greater sense of connection - No one's ideas are valued more than anyone else's - all views are heard and taken into consideration as processes are fine-tuned - Fantastic leadership team who support employee growth and proactively let you know where they see potential for growth - Culture is an important part in everything, focused on greatly and always discussed, even as the number of employees increases. - Located downtown, so phenomenal views of both lakes and the Capitol, and easy access to many great lunch choices - Transparency in how the company is doing - monthly meetings to keep all employees apprised of the how and the why behind growth, change, and opportunities

Cons

- Things are constantly changing. This is a startup, and startup life is organized chaos. This may no be the job for someone who isn't easily adaptable to change (and that's ok)

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fantastic company, fun place to work

Jun 26, 2017 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been very impressed with Akitabox and really love working there. Management is friendly, hardworking, and supportive of employees. Coworkers are fun, smart, genuinely good people. By far the best job I've ever had.

Cons

Parking is expensive, but that's to be expected when you work downtown.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great environment for opportunity and growth!

Jan 19, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very transparent, honest company with a relaxed yet determined environment. You can feel everyone's passion for success and willingness to work as a team. This is the only job I've ever had that I actually want to go to work every morning. Everyone is very open to new ideas for improvement and there is a lot of room for growth both individually and professionally. Opportunity for travel but not required.

Cons

Young company which means not every single process is completely figured out yet so there are some moments where you don't really know what to do next. But the management is very helpful in trying to guide you towards the best solution or process. Just a con because it slows down the work process a little as you are figuring out the best way to proceed. Also a little apprehensive about the balance of new contracts vs staffing. Sometimes it feels like there is a lot to accomplish in not very much time to do it.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews