KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee

Job was good

Nov 16, 2021 - Data Coordinator in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people were great except for leadership Travel was fun Benefits was pretty good

Cons

Leadership sucked Sales kept contracting work out of scope My department wasn’t given the tools to do the work

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Tough Environment

Sep 26, 2021 - Executive in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good product, possibly a truly great product . Great employees.

Cons

Chief of Operations was awful. Chief of Staff? Not a fan. The work environment was intense but not in a good way.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad you believe our products are great and that you think our employees are great as well, we do too. As a tech startup, AkitaBox continuously improves products, introduces new products and rapidly grows. In the midst of this growth, we strive to preserve our culture at AkitaBox. That can be a challenge and we welcome the constructive feedback to help us improve. Start up growth and change can be difficult and is not a fit for everyone. Our leadership team is committed to remaining connected with the employees and continuously enhancing the culture that we value so dearly during this growth. We will continue our update meetings, as well as regular team and one-on-one meetings, to solicit direct feedback from the team and to maintain transparency amongst our leadership and employees.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Leadership failing company

Aug 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO, travel for work, pretty flexible work schedules

Cons

CEO and leadership team are a bit out of touch and turning it into a place where random layoffs occur, people resign often, and dont make you feel valued. Unstable work environment and always unsure if your job is safe no matter what you do.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoy the people and some of the perks of working at AkitaBox. As a fast growing tech startup, AkitaBox evolves its products and introduces new products to meet market demands. This results in change as AkitaBox grows and expands. Change can be our catalyst for success if we navigate together and embrace the opportunities it provides. We appreciate your feedback and the leadership team will work to make sure that our accelerated growth path and resulting changes are more clearly conveyed to people during our update meetings, as well as regular team and one-on-one meetings.

4. 1.0
    Current Employee

It's sad to see what has happened to a good company

Aug 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people who work here are great and it's what makes the environment bearable. There is unlimited PTO although sometimes it doesn't really feel like it.

Cons

The new management really doesn't care about the employees and you can see that by the transparency and random layoffs. This used to be an amazing place to work but now it seems like everyone is just looking for a way out. It's really disappointing to see all of the incredible people here treated so poorly. No promotions or raises for anyone in years.

4 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoy the people and some of the perks of working at AkitaBox. One of our core values as a company is to continuously learn and as a fast growing tech startup, AkitaBox is always trying to continuously learn and get better which results in workplace changes. This approach of leading with innovation is fast paced and can be difficult for some people to embrace the change. While AkitaBox will always try to continuously improve, we appreciate your feedback and the leadership team will work to make sure that our continuous improvement is more clearly conveyed to people during our update meetings, as well as regular team and one-on-one meetings.

5. 3.0

Troublesome

Jul 5, 2021 - Data Coordinator in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Jovial working environment. Unlimited vacation. Loose Management Style

Cons

Disorganized, Unstable job security, Impossible to get manager feedback.

4 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate that you enjoyed the work environment and some of perks here at AkitaBox. We also sincerely appreciate your feedback concerning challenges around performance reviews. We are in the process of making that process more standard and will review our possible training needs for managers. We are grateful that you cared enough about AkitaBox to help us improve.

6. 3.0

Ehh..

Mar 29, 2021 - Implementation Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are great. Benefits are great. Salary was solid.

Cons

Culture is dwindling. Taking steps backward instead of forward.

3 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoy the people, benefits and salary here at AkitaBox. We also appreciate your feedback on the issues you see with the culture at AkitaBox. We share your love of AkitaBox and we are initiating several new programs to help sustain and grow our culture as we continue to work remote. It's not easy, but maintaining our amazing culture is a top priority. We trust the recently shared plans are a positive step in the right direction and look forward to continued feedback.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Startups are hard - but the rewards are great

Jan 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The absolute determination of this team to fight through and work together this past year had been amazing. We changed so much in order to be successful and then the pandemic made things even harder. Our team didn’t give up and is why we will accomplish our biggest goals in the future. I can’t wait to see what we accomplish this year.

Cons

The challenges and realities of being in a startup are plentiful. It’s important for people to realize that. It takes a strong and determined person to be enjoy this type of environment and contribute to our success.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

We appreciate your feedback! As you know there are opportunities and challenges in an evolving and growing tech company. It is important that we continue to communicate openly as ABX continues its oath to success. It is team members like you who will enable AkitaBox to succeed. Thank you!

8. 1.0

DO NOT TRUST THE CEO

Jan 7, 2021 - Software Engineer in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone but the scum bag CEO

Cons

If you want to work for the worst CEO in History you found your company

Human Resources Manager

While we obviously have a different opinion, we always welcome the thoughts of staff that decide to pursue other opportunities. We wish you the best and thank you for your time at AkitaBox.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, but A company in limbo at the current time an slowly diminishing over the past 2 yeara

Aug 23, 2020 - Data Coordinator in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are amazing, built multiple strong friendships, unlimited PTO, ability to have ideas heard and be valued

Cons

New leadership has left company in limbo. They are smart but theres a big disconnect with employees. culture has diminished noticeably. A lot of transitional issues and disconnect. 3 layoffs in the past year

6 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoy the people,and benefits here at AkitaBox. We also appreciate your feedback on the issues you see with the culture at AkitaBox. We share your love of AkitaBox and we are initiating several new programs to help sustain and grow our culture as we continue to work remote. It's not easy, but maintaining our amazing culture is a top priority. We trust the recently shared plans are a positive step in the right direction and look forward to continued feedback.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast Paced, Great Place to Work.

Jul 8, 2020 - IT Systems Administrator in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are always new challenges and projects to work on so the job remains interesting and mentally stimulating. You are encouraged to try innovate and try new things. Great people to work with and a fun atmosphere with great culture.

Cons

The office space is not great and limited ability to improve it without a remodel of the floor. The open floor plan has limited private conference rooms which can make scheduling meetings problematic at times. Even in the offices, ambient noise can be high due to the fact they have open ceilings and are not complete separate from the general open spaces.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews