Akorbi Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Contracted by Akorbi"

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Product Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

The pay and the benefits were great.

Cons

It was somewhat difficult to get in contact with the company. The e-mail responses were slow, and sometimes I had to e-mail the person several times to receive a response.

The work was monotone and there wasn't any room for growth or change. However, this was not the fault of Akorbi, but more of a characteristic of the workplace to which I was contracted to. I didn't actually work in an Akorbi office.

Advice to Management

Improve response times.

"If you want to become a leader, this is the place for you....."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Akorbi full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Akorbi for nearly five years. What I have enjoyed is the clear transparency in working with upper management. In a sense, "you reap what you sew". Meaning, yes, you must work hard. If you have a 40 hour a week mindset, you will have a job at Akorbi but you will be passed over for promotion to those that put in the effort. If you have a mindset of wanting to build something great, this is a wonderful place to be. And yes, folks that put in the effort are highly compensated.

Cons

Being so concerned with Glass Door that you will let below level performers dictate how this organization should be run. An organization that is grown to over 30 Million annually in revenue within five years is a huge accomplishment, but don't forget about the people that took you there. At the same time, stop listening too people that complain and are getting in the way of max performance.

Advice to Management

Take care of those that take care of you and be mindful of individuals that are only concerned about themselves and not the welfare of this dynamic organization....

"Positive experience"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Plano, TX

I have been working at Akorbi (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing, High energy, hard working and fun teams!

Cons

There are none at this moment

"CFO"

Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Plano, TX

I have been working at Akorbi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly, fast moving, growing, profitable

Cons

instability, lack of respect for the chain of command

Advice to Management

respect chain of command. keep appropriate people in the loop of communication.

"Admin"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Plano, TX

I have been working at Akorbi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People tends to get along and try to help each other. Environment is family oriented, the casual dress code helps with the low pay of income. Some employees get wonderful perks from staff.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid and hard to meet expectations. Communication needs improvement to get job done better and expectations are sometimes too high. The rules seem to be very gray for some employees.

Advice to Management

Need to consider more employees to remove the stress. Reconsider salaries and workload. If you want high quality people be ready to keep them with a high quality salary.

"A company that works hard but not smart and in vain."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Akorbi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I admired the effort in trying to make the working environment a fun one. Most colleagues are an absolute joy to work with to help you to get through the week, let alone a day, and are willing to lend a helping hand.
    Free lunches on occasions.

Cons

I don't know how I can convey my utter disappointment during my years of employment at Akorbi, but you are pretty much a cog in the machine unless you are the star of the show. And what it takes to be the star of the show, you have to be a God to perform miracles in every single moment in every single difficult situation that has been given to you. But don't be caught off guard that you are being set up to fail from the beginning. And if you have accomplished many great feats after many many months or years, then you could finally earn your stripes.

The higher ups would do anything to win a business even at the expense of their employees, that even includes being available to clients 24/7 without getting the extra compensation. So work/life balance is pretty much out the window.

Too many backstabbing going on and everyone tries to throw each other under the bus. There are very few people that I trusted and confided with.

Micromanagement at its worst. In anything you do, even if you lift a finger, it will have to go through so many levels of bureaucracies for approval and they will question your every move and you have to be prepared to always have a valid answer.

Too many unproductive meetings especially ones that were such short notice during our busiest times, and I hated it with a purple passion when I had so much to do and management reprimanded me for not getting them done in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

Akorbi never ceases to amaze me in so many different ways, and I find it quite interesting when I see reviews on the same day and they are all positive ( 3 positive reviews on February 7, 2014 and 3 positive reviews on September 25, 2015). This speaks volumes that they are desperately trying to ward off the terrible reputation that they have already earned in how they treat their employees.

But I truly hope that they truly have changed their ways for good for their future and existing employees.

"Onsite at Google through Akorbi for a little less than a year"

Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Akorbi (Less than a year)

Pros

Akorbi recruiters are very friendly and compliant. Very responsive and quick to answer emails and phone calls

Cons

Had one bad experience with health insurance fees. I was charged when I was told that I wasn't going to be.

8. "Sr. Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Plano, TX

I have been working at Akorbi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Excellent opportunity to earn a great income
    - Truly enjoy the people I work with
    - When management states that family comes first, they truly mean it and provide an outstanding environment to thrive in!!!
    - Strong leadership team with open door policy with the CEO, President and Vice President of the organization.

Cons

Nothing major but just minor day to day business issues.

Advice to Management

What is nice about working with Akorbi is you are valued as an individual not just a spoke in the wheel. As we get bigger as an organization, never loose sight of this!!!

"VERY FAR FROM BEING A GOOD EMPLOYER"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Akorbi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Most of the people are very nice to work with.
    -If you are a translator or linguistic at an early career, It could be a good place as long as you are willing to put time and work for a lower rate if you are Spanish, Portuguese or Chinese speaker.

Cons

-Long hours.
    -Lots of "Extra time" expected to help the company grow w/o extra compensation.
    -High stressful environment.
    -A lot of micro-management from CEO.
    -No work/life balance.

VERY WEIRD THAT THE LAST THREE REVIEWS IN THIS WEBSITE, WERE ALL FROM THE SAME DAY (FEB 7) AND ALL OF THEM POSITIVE...EITHER IS MANAGEMENT MAKING UP ALL THESE REVIEWS OR THEY ARE PUSHING EMPLOYEES TO LEAVE GOOD REVIEWS TO AVOID BAD REP IN THE INTERNET.

Advice to Management

Don't exploit mid-career employees by telling them you should be grateful to be working for such a great company, so we expect you to put in extra hours for the privilege of working for us. Find some good work/life/family balance or you will never retain people who are vital to the long-term growth and stability of your company. I saw many people leave the company and heard that a lot of people left the company before I joined them.

10. "Fast Paced, Dynamic, Growth Company"

Current Employee - Accounting in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Accounting in Plano, TX

I have been working at Akorbi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for self-starters, people with initiative and can do attitude. The company is growing rapidly and thus provides a tremendous chance to learn and explore new skills and areas of interest. The is not a place for a 9 to 5 mentality. But if you are looking for a challenge, a place to grow, an opportunity to have an impact on your future and as well as a place of leadership at work this is the place for you.

Cons

As with any company which is growing rapidly it has it's share of growing pains such as finding the correct employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and at this rate we will reach our goals.