KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "good benefits and a positive family like atmosphere(in 21 reviews)
  • "Most people are nice and helpful(in 12 reviews)
  • "Most coworkers are friendly(in 11 reviews)
  • "Positive culture and good community reputation(in 11 reviews)
  • "Great staff, Administration works with you(in 8 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Akron Children's Hospital and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

So nice working for an employer that cares about it's employees!

Oct 9, 2021 - Medical Laboratory Scientist in Akron, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

The number one reason I applied here was because of the amazing tuition reimbursement program. I have been able to complete my degree with very little out-of-pocket expense. They seem to perform regular market analysis to stay competitive with wages. Regular raises, wellness program and retirement are all great!

Cons

I think the health insurance is spectacular if you have small children. As an adult, it is expected that we will go out of network (to an adult hospital) for services. This can result in a higher out-of-pocket expense. I would like the option of having a PPO that allows me to choose which hospital would be considered my primary, but I don't know if that exists anywhere.

2. 5.0

Great place to work

Jun 20, 2022 - Critical Care Paramedic
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful atmosphere very rewarding great education program

Cons

Low pays low staffing numbers stressful environment

3. 4.0

rt/ct tech

Jun 25, 2022 - Radiologic Technologist/CT Technologist
    Business Outlook

Pros

friendly coworkers/ kids awesome updated equipment

Cons

pay benefits short staffed poor work life balance

4. 4.0

Review

Jun 9, 2022 - Patient Access Representative in Boardman, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a great education assistance program. Laid back for the most part. Decent benefits

Cons

Workers are overworked at times.

5. 5.0

AMAZING ENVIRONMENT

Jun 8, 2022 - Unregistered EEG Tech
    Business Outlook

Pros

The staff is so friendly and it’s a big family Everything is well organized

Cons

nothing is a con! Absolutely nothing at Akron Childrens is bad!

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Positive workplace and family focused

May 30, 2022 - Coordinator in Akron, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent team. Good benefits. Positive work environment. Family focused. My team cares about me professionally and personally.

Cons

Not a competitive salary. It’s hard to get a raise. Lots of red tape to accomplish new ideas. Big ideas thinking is not rewarded.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to contribute to a mission driven organization!

May 27, 2022 - Manager in Akron, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

A mission driven organization with meaningful work.

Cons

None that I can really think of.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lots of Change

May 25, 2022 - Scheduler
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lunches provided randomly, medical insurance, great co workers

Cons

PTO and pay are not market competitive

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Horrible management

Jun 25, 2022 - Certified Medical Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not a single pro for this place

Cons

Management, mean staff, voice is unheard

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Fully committed to Children, young adults, their families and ACH Employees

May 20, 2022 - Administrator in Akron, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Deeply invested passionate clinicians. Everyone is quite focused on delivering the best care 2. Committed to ALL children, young adults and their families 3. More and more inclusive. Feels like we are daily discovering unique needs of the patient populations we serve. As an ethnic and cultural minority, I feel welcome and that leadership wants to do right by me and every employee. 4. New CEO really wants to connect with everyone and appears to be a good listener

Cons

1. National name is missing, despite being such an awesome children's hospital. The care delivered and the quality of people far exceeds the national brand. 2. Like all of healthcare, workers are exhausted and being asked to do more

Akron Children's Hospital Response

Senior Public Relations Specialist

Thank you for taking time to share both your positive comments and your concerns. We appreciate that you understand that we continually strive to find new and better ways to provide care – and access to that care – for the patients, families and communities we serve. Taking care of our employees is also a priority, and we continue to make strides in ensuring our work environment is a diverse and inclusive one. At the same time, we acknowledge the need to support our workforce during this time of ongoing staffing shortages. We’ve recently made significant adjustments in compensation for numerous roles across the organization, and we continue to review and adjust compensation in other areas to ensure we remain competitive in the marketplace. To address the staffing shortage in key areas, we launched a flexible staffing support program, through which employees receive extra compensation for taking on additional hours in those departments. We are committed to an aggressive and creative approach to this issue, while also providing staff support through wide-ranging resiliency programs.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 269 Reviews

Akron Children's Hospital Reviews FAQs

Akron Children's Hospital has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 281 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Akron Children's Hospital to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Akron Children's Hospital employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Akron Children's Hospital. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

71% of Akron Children's Hospital employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Akron Children's Hospital 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Akron Children's Hospital to be career development, culture, coworkers and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, management, benefits.

Popular Careers with Akron Children's Hospital Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Akron Children's Hospital? Share Your Experiences

Akron Children's Hospital Careers

Cover image for Akron Children's Hospital

Akron Children’s Hospital has a strong commitment to outstanding patient care and also to its employees. Our passion is felt every day in...More

• More Than a Job
  • Benefits
  • Nursing Careers
  • Career Launch

Company Updates

54 days ago

Company News
We're honored to be recognized as a Becker's Healthcare "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare 2022." We’re grateful for the dedication of our employees through even the most trying times, and we’re committed to providing them a supportive, diverse and inclusive work environment that allows them to thrive. Discover more reasons to love your career by visiting our career site today.
Shared image - Akron Children's Hospital Career Site
Akron Children's Hospital Career Site
careers.akronchildrens.org

145 days ago

Community
Jihad, a 14-year Akron Children's employee, has since stepped into the role as an EMR Support Specialist where he and his team ensure quality patient care. For Jihad, #BlackHistoryMonth has always been a time to pay homage to his ancestors. “Black History month is a time to pay homage to my ancestors that have paved the way and sacrificed so much for us to have to opportunities that we have today. Unfortunately, Black History month is only 28 days and I would encourage all of us to recognize Black history throughout the entire year.” We're proud to support so many driven employees looking to make a change. Learn more about our commitment to #DiversityHiring today
Shared image - Akron Children's Hospital Celebrates Black History Month