Akvelon Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Akvelon CEO Sergei Dreizin
Sergei Dreizin

Pros
  • It's a great place to keep your tech skills up-to-date (in 7 reviews)

• Great work/life balance as well as good synergy within the team (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • work&life balance could be improved (in 4 reviews)

• There are no cons at the moment (in 3 reviews)

1. "BEST COMPANY EVER !"

I have been working at Akvelon full-time

Pros

This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for:
    1. Friendly/Hard working environment
    2. Great Management team
    3. Everyone is always willing to help
    4. Ample business
    5. Good work / life balance

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this company, it is an esteemed pleasure to work for them and I hope to continue working here for a long time!

Advice to Management

Please continue doing exactly what you are doing now! Of course there is always room for improvement with growth, but at the pace you are moving at, the needed improvement will come naturally!

2. "Love my Company!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Akvelon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Career growth opportunities
    Good work-life balance
    Good compensation
    My opinion is heard and valued

Cons

not really any, from my perspective. If I have an issue, I discuss solutions with our HR Manager.

"More of the same"

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Akvelon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helped me with good interview advice: lie about your previous employers, lie on your resume; Insurance Benefits, Professional Demeanor

Cons

Ignored complaints about discrimination, lied to me, lied to the client about me, shady deals

Advice to Management

Keep it up, you're doing great.

Akvelon Response

Nov 10, 2016 – CEO

Dear Anonymous, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is unfortunate to hear you had such a negative experience with us. At Akvelon, we take great pride and responsibility in ... More

5. "Great place to work with friendly, fun & intelligent people!!"

Pros

After working here for not quite a year, I wanted to give my experience of the working environment at Akvelon. From the phone interview with the HR manager, who was very knowledgeable, easy to talk with and professional, to the owners and employees who were very friendly and welcoming, Akvelon has been a great place to work. I have been really impressed with the knowledge of my co-workers of both their jobs and the world around them. The company/owners are always concerned with doing the right thing for their employees and customers. My direct supervisor has been very flexible with my hours, of which I am very grateful, giving me a work family life balance that is so important to me. I feel I have made life-long friends and hopefully will continue to work here as long as they will have me!

Cons

None that I can think of, as long as I have to work, this is a great place to do so!

"Good agency to work through for Microsoft contracting"

Former Employee - BI Developer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - BI Developer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Akvelon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Straightforward communication, good HR. The account managers at Microsoft are well connected.

Cons

None that I found. The only real problem has nothing to do with Akvelon, but is the crazy new contracting policy at Microsoft (need to take 6 months off after 18 months)

7. "Love these guys"

Current Employee - Mobile User Experience Designer
    Current Employee - Mobile User Experience Designer

Pros

Great communication, help to get you good benefits and super friendly people.

Cons

The initial engagement could have been a bit smoother, but nothing really to complain about. Overall I love these guys

8. "Employee Satisfaction"

Current Employee - IT Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - IT Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Akvelon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company , culture & values .Great place to work & grow.

Cons

Nothing to share

9. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Akvelon (More than a year)

Pros

I truly enjoy working for this company. A great place to grow your career and lots of room for promotions/career advancement. Great work/life balance as well as good synergy within the team. Management is accessible and always there to help. Hard work is noticed, appreciated and rewarded.

Cons

Don't have any currently. As someone said before, if you work hard, it will be recognized!

"They detect smart and qualified people"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA

Pros

Thanks Akvelon company and its Technical Recruiter Veena. She trusted me and offered me an excellent position.

Cons

Salary rates is not good.

Advice to Management

if you want to keep you sharp developers, you will need to give good salary comparable to other companies

"Updated Review - Bad Experience at Company"

I worked at Akvelon (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any outstanding pros besides if the managers like you for whatever reason, you can get far in the company itself.

Cons

I previously wrote a review for this company and of course, just like I imagined, it got shut down by the CEO and he made the entire review sound like it had no fact or basis. I decided to update it to make it more clear:

- In the short amount of time being at Akvelon, i learned everything I needed to about the management style and the toxicity of the office. The upper management at Akvelon have a lot to learn regarding treating employees fairly and right. A specific "manager" very often times screwed up in her job and instead of fixing the issue herself, she would ask an admin to fix it for her so her hands were kept clean. If the admin didn't do what she wanted, she would suggest to upper management that this person isn't doing a good job.

- There were times when staff were called names by a specific "manager", i don't really know what her true title was. She would constantly boss people around and had a major sense of urgency. If a task wasn't done for her right away, ON HER TIME, she would complain and call the person who was working with her some kind of nasty name.

- Management would make certain staff run personal errands for them.

- Staff was constantly micromanaged, especially the recruiters. In my short time at Akvelon, I saw 5 different recruiters come and go. One person only stayed for 2 days!

- An employee had a child and was on maternity leave. in HER OWN WORDS, she said the company did not want her to come back and the position was replaced/eliminated. She told me this after I asked her how her job at Akvelon was going. I don't know how I could have misunderstood this employee or made this up when the previous employee herself stated this information - out of her own mouth.

Overall, this place was toxic, management was almost always in a bad mood besides the CEO (I didn't really work with him), I was micromanaged, there was zero training and you could randomly be thrown into a task you have no idea how to complete. The list goes on and on.

Maybe the environment is different now, maybe the management has improved. But from what I saw when I was at the company, Akvelon needed a major wake up call. There is great potential. But even I know that if you invest in your employees first, your company will thrive.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees. Be kinder, be fair. Investigate issues when they come up, don't just go with your gut feeling. Get an HR department maybe.