Akvelon Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Akvelon CEO Sergei Dreizin
Sergei Dreizin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It's a great place to keep your tech skills up-to-date (in 7 reviews)

• Great work/life balance as well as good synergy within the team (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • work&life balance could be improved (in 4 reviews)

• This is something that's hard to improve as its normal for contractors to feel apart of a company if they don't work directly in the main office (in 2 reviews)

1. "Growing with Akvelon"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Akvelon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Akvelon is a fast paced and fast growing company. They have been in business long enough that there is a great sense of security. They are also growing fast enough that there are many opportunities for growth. If you work hard, smart and prove yourself to be an asset, the possibilities are limitless. Akvelon genuinely cares about their employees and works very hard to make both in-house staff and those in the field feel like pat of the Akvelon family. I am proud to be a part of it.

Cons

Who doesn't want to make more money :)

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees!

2. "Akvelon is a very good contracting agency"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Akvelon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An Akvelon recruiter contacted me last year and helped me on my job search. She was professional, very good at matching me up with appropriate positions and she offered fair compensation. As a result, I got a contract job through Akvelon and everything worked out great. Akvelon is very upfront about compensation, pay, benefits, etc. Their benefits are comparable to other contracting firms. I never had a problem with any of the staff and they treated me very well. If you are a contract software engineer, I would recommend going through Akvelon because they are a good agency.

Cons

The time reporting software is clunky. It takes about 5 minutes per week to report your time. This is a minor annoyance.

Advice to Management

None - Keep up the good work. I really like working with your recruiters.

3. "Software Development Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Akvelon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was an awesome place to work.
    Green culture, everybody is always smiling.
    The pay is above average.
    The connections that you get here allow you to keep growing in your career.

Cons

Work gets a little hectic sometimes, you need to prioritize.
    I think they should hire a few more employees!

4. "Senior Technical Recruiter with Akvelon!#Proud to be an Akvelonian!"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Akvelon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’m a Senior Technical Recruiter with Akvelon
    We are a very professional, we work hard , play hard, we stick together and celebrate our success!!

I’ll be Happy to tell you how we make magic happen here at Akvelon:
    1) The Recruiting Model our Management has designed, is truly geared for Recruiters to be successful! - From day one we are given all the tools to be successful.
    2) We only focus on Recruiting. – We are a great team, in sync with each other and we are very collaborative. We have an Amazing Lead, gives us direction, is very responsive and gets stuff done -Immediately! We love her!
    3) We have an Amazing Recruiting Co-coordinator who backs us up with documentation work- so we only focus on what we are best at doing! # We are born to Recruit!
    4) We have our Business Development Directors- who bring in new business all the time!
    5) We get to present candidates to multiple positions that match their skill set. This gives a higher chance of success for the candidates and recruiters get a better chance to place them.
    6) Our turnaround time for getting our candidates an interview is 24 hours!- You tell me which company does that!- We do!! Our Business Development Directors have direct access to the Hiring Managers that makes us have this quick turnaround time! When we say we will make it happen- We do everything we can and bring it home for our candidates!!
    6) We then have a strong team of HR and Client Services Management in place that takes care of all the hand holding and on-boarding- Our Amazing HR Manager and Our Client Services Team truly work very hard to get you all set up in your role!
    7) We have weekly touch points with all our candidates. #We never forget you -Ever!! We never forget Birthday's and other important day's we are with you- All the way!!

This model is designed for our success and# Failure is not an option with Akvelon! We are Best in Class- So better keep us with us!

The Happiness Minder is critical to Akvelon and we truly value and invest in our Employees each and every one of them!

Closing comments -Amazing company to be working with, we work hard, play hard Celebrate our Successes and Stick Together with each and every one of our Akvelonian’s!

As a Senior Technical Recruiter, I’m proud and privileged to be here!

#AKVELON ROCKS

Cons

None at all, Keep doing what your doing!!

Advice to Management

Thank you and Keep doing what your doing , Makes us Successful and Happy!

5. "Good Benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Akvelon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have a good, competitive benefits package, similar to other companies I've worked for in the past. Includes medical/dental/vision insurance, paid holidays, PTO, 401(k), there is a free gym in the building, parking is free, we have monthly training sessions with lunch provided, several social events for all employees, cake or other treats for every person's birthday, company anniversary, etc.

Cons

only that i've gained weight from all the cake!

6. "Good contracting company to work for"

I have been working at Akvelon full-time

Pros

Great to work for a company that can find amazing technical and challenging contracting gigs for some of the best companies in the Puget Sound area.
    Recruiters are good, and the company overall provides a good vibe.
    I have only been contracting for a few months, but everything from compensation, time management is handled really well. I will recommend Akvelon to others looking for a contracting gig.

Cons

Nothing to add at this time.

7. "Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Akvelon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Excellent benefits and Competitive Pay
    - Staff is VERY responsive and good about answering questions and addressing concerns.
    - They stand out among other staffing firms in their willingness to really go to bat for you

Cons

I honestly can't really think of any right now.

8. "Fast Interacting company!"

I have been working at Akvelon full-time

Pros

I just join the company as a consultant and Feels really cool. They have great relationship with lots of Good company. And there recruiter is just amassing. Fast interacting with and give me the updates at the moment of client's movement.

Cons

Actually I got my hired call at Sunday Morning! come on we need to sleep at weekend!

9. "Good agency / good people / good pay"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Akvelon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I said agency but it is not a body shop. Over the years, I have worked with every agency in town. The others I worked with only because I had to. Prior to Akvelon, I had never worked with the same agency more than once.

This is my second project with Akvelon. I am picky and particular about what I do and where I work. They know me, my skills and my idiosyncrasies. They only bring me projects that fit my rate, my skills and my location preferences. They get me the inside scoop of what it going on with potential projects. They work to get me the best rate possible. They always act as an advocate for me and handle any client bureaucracy.

I work at the client site. When I come back to the mother-ship, everybody knows who I am and they are always excited to see me. Akvelon staff always keeps in touch to make sure I have what I need to do my job. They sometimes come out to the client site and we get a coffee together.

Decent benefits. Good option for ray-rate with or without PTO/Holiday pay.

Cons

Pay-cycles are twice a month (1-15 & 16-end) (24 time a year). Because of the way this can cover various days of the week. A pay-cycle can cover various number of days, thus the pay check amount can vary significantly.

It can also make it hard to balance the maximum hours per-week when they pay cycle is not based on an weekly or biweekly basis.

Advice to Management

It would be nicer if there was more consistent number of days per pay-cycle, for example, work two weeks (M-F,M-F), report your time by Monday morning and get paid by the next Monday. (This would be easier on the payroll people too, no Friday night/weekend rush.)

This would make for 26 paychecks a year. They would each be slightly smaller but more consistent. It would be like an extra "bonus" paycheck twice a year.

10. "Worst Company Ever Worked For"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Akvelon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people
    The free snacks
    The vodka bottles everywhere in the office

Cons

- Meetings are in Russian
    - Management only likes pretty girls
    - Confusion about who works there and what they do
    - No clear goals
    - No training

Advice to Management

Whats the point of having recruiters? Recruiters try their best to find candidates, all of a sudden Inna has somebody from Russia, and all the work the recruiter did has done to waste because you will hire the one from Russia over the candidate in US.