Aladdin's Eatery Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jamie Samaha

1. "I put in five years"

I have been working at Aladdin's Eatery Systems full-time

Pros

Very stable hours, fair hourly pay

Cons

Very thick glass ceiling, I had a huge number of promises of promotion, ended up leaving because of three years of procrastination

"sucks"

Former Employee - Server/Bartender
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender

I worked at Aladdin's Eatery Systems part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

on rare occasions you can make $15+/hr

Cons

pay is far below minimum, no free meals, servers are required to do janitorial work because the restaurant is too cheap to hire janitors (waiters cost $2.13/hr). disorganized, company has no morals or values-profits are the only objective.

"Awful management and employees"

Former Employee - Line Cook in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Some other stores the employees and managers are decent people. The back of the house with the kitchen I worked at were friendly and good to work with.

The location in Mt Lebanon, PA was the opposite

Cons

The management system is terrible. Nothing but snobbish immature provincial brats who only treat the employees well if they think like them, otherwise it's time to start looking for another job

Advice to Management

Grow Up.

"Server"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Aladdin's Eatery Systems part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice to work at a restaurant that served decent food. Food and kitchen area were always clean and well maintained.

Cons

Management needs to be better trained at their jobs. Managers were the main reason people hated working there.

Advice to Management

Need to take management training courses or something of the sort. Would definitely help in turnover rates.

6. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Server in Cranberry Township, PA
    Former Employee - Server in Cranberry Township, PA

I worked at Aladdin's Eatery Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really good food and really good people.

Cons

Dinners were kind of slow.

Advice to Management

Let servers go when it's slow

"SOOOO Frustrating!"

Former Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Aladdin's Eatery Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company can pay well. The food is good. In business, you have to be the first, the best, or the cheapest. Aladdin's IS the first, the best, AND the cheapest. It is an excellent concept and business model. There is virtually no, or very little, competition....for now. It can be an excellent serving gig with decent money and a flexible schedule depending completely on your GM because there is absolutely no consistency between different locations. Being an employee there can also be a terrible experience because corporate has a habit of putting young and inexperienced people in charge who have likely never managed and never worked in a restaurant.
     If you are a very attractive girl, you have tremendous earning potential.

Cons

Promotions are based on how well everyone will talk about you and how well you can brown nose, and not on your accomplishments, experience, or performance. Your opinion and ideas for how to better the company or streamline its processes is not only not rewarded, it is strongly frowned upon. Systems and Procedures will change frequently and then change back when they realize that was a mistake. You will barely hear a passing word when you receive a glowing customer compliment or reach and exceed your financial goals. When a mistake is made, you will likely be chastised by at least 3 people from corporate (because they don't communicate with each other). Potential employees - proceed with caution. I still have nightmares.

Advice to Management

Higher-ups should be hired based on a proven track record running a well-known multi-unit RESTAURANT corporation - not just a distant relative or the girl that has the cutest skirt. Consistency is key now that a brand is being established. If any major competition shows up, Aladdin's could lose it all because they have a bad name in the industry for being a low-paying sweat factory. Try to tone down the sexism and harassment because that won't fly under the radar forever.

8. "There is room for improvement."

Former Employee - FOH in Bainbridge, OH
    Former Employee - FOH in Bainbridge, OH

Pros

- I received free baklava pieces from time to time.
    - Fountain drinks, coffee, and mint tea were gratis.
    - Food discount was reasonable.

Cons

- This company claims to be "environmentally friendly." Every new applicant receives a pile of papers that is over a hundred pages. They would save on costs if they went paperless. They'd be doing themselves and new hires a favor if they utilized technology more on that part.

- The Aladdin's uniform shirt provided made me look like "Stay Puft" marshmallow man.

- There are managers who've retired on the job.

Advice to Management

Update the training system, it's very out of date. Technology, utilize it.

9. "Aladdin's Review"

Pros

great management staff, loved working with people, small restaurant with tight knit group of people, really enjoyed working there

Cons

customers could be very loud if not served correctly, did not enjoy small number of hours given to younger staff

10. "Great Food, Great People"

Current Employee - Server in Hudson, OH
    Current Employee - Server in Hudson, OH

Pros

Food Discount, make your own schedule.

Cons

Lots of little changes that don't need to happen.

11. "Not a Sport"

Current Employee - Server in Fairlawn, OH
    Current Employee - Server in Fairlawn, OH

Pros

Most of my coworkers are wonderful. This of course depends on where you work, but when you have a team of servers that can help you when you're really bogged down, it's wonderful.

If you are in high school, not looking for a bill-paying job, this may be the right fit for you. You will learn a lot about Mediterranean food, and foreign-speaking coworkers may be able to teach you some arabic.

Cons

This is a place where, while other restaurants have their revenue shoot up during NBA finals week, you'll be stuck with a two-top and a total of <$100 in total sales. Throughout the winter I would go home with less than minimum wage. Aladdin's simply doesn't bring in consistent business.

As many of my coworkers have quit, our hours as servers are going up. Even as I try to negotiate my terms of leaving Aladdin's, my GM keeps putting me on more and more hours.

Advice to Management

We have way too many servers on at a time. It's not right when servers outnumber their customers.