Alamo Heights Independent School District Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Dr. Brown
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "AHISD one of the best school districts in San Antonio"

Current Freelancer - Special Education Parent Liaison, Advocate, Editor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Alamo Heights Independent School District (More than 10 years)

Pros

The school district is all about students and their families. Everyone is very involved in the educational experience. They have a well deserved reputation for excellence.

Cons

It may be hard to break in to the teacher pool. Once a teacher secures employment with AHISD they typically stay a long time because it is such a wonderful place to work. If you have excellent credentials as a teacher you will be considered. If not it may be hard to find employment with the district.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I have loved being a part of AHISD for 15 years.

2. "Great management"

Former Employee - Driver in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Driver in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Alamo Heights Independent School District (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff are helpful and friendly best district to work for and highest pay they also have many hours you can pick up so you have the opportunity to work all day if you wanted

Cons

Can't really say too much about cons it's a good company

3. "Cafeteria Monitor"

Former Employee - Cafeteria Monitor/Substitute Teacher in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Cafeteria Monitor/Substitute Teacher in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Alamo Heights Independent School District part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dealt with children while they are in lunch and help with children that have a disability.

Cons

Studying to bcome a teacher. So I can't teach yet till I finish school.